A peek into UA Y (SIN-HKG vv) on B777

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diecastdrool View Post
    One thing I noticed from UA flight was that all windows were fully pulled down when I entered the plane.This is very much in contrary to what SQ practices. Not only they were fully closed during boarding, but the crew also made an announcement prior to final approach into HKG to gently remind all passengers seated on the window side to help pull down the window shades for the convenience of next passengers. Can anyone explain why the difference in practice? I thought it was a mandatory safety issue to have all windows fully opened during take off and landing??
    This is usually done when it's really hot outside. Cuts down on the energy needed to cool off the plane.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Thanks for the report. Am flying this in Y, and I doubt my CPU will clear. Nice to know that they still serve hot meals on this sector.

Comment

Originally posted by dfs24 View Post
        Thanks for the report. Am flying this in Y, and I doubt my CPU will clear. Nice to know that they still serve hot meals on this sector.
        CPU? what's that?

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          This is usually done when it's really hot outside. Cuts down on the energy needed to cool off the plane.
          Well it was obviously not the case...as both flights leave early in the morning before sunrise (6am) and return at night (8pm).

Comment

CPU? what's that?
            Complimentary premier upgrade. Applicable for all intra asia hops except for SIN-NRT, BKK-NRT. Space permitting, elites are upgraded for free.

Comment

I must say that the omelette looked more appetising than the carrot cake. But the carrot cake tasted good...at least better than the one that MI serves.

How did you find the Asian based crew on your NRT bound flight?
              I think they were okay. Polite and got the job done. That's about all I guess. I had a casual conversation with a FA on my return flight and she used the f word in a sentence.

Anyhow, one of my cousin in law is a United FA based in HKG.

Comment

Working...
              X