Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Galore Over SYD, with GA as the Highlight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dennisandara View Post
    BTW, which one has the better meat? Is it Hurricane or Pancake on the Rocks? Cause i've never been to POTR and it looks quite tasty on your post
    Thanks mate...
    Me like Hurricane's more... But nephew like POTR beef ribs more... Niece like Hurricane's more.... Youngest nephew vote none, because he had fish & chips, never had the POTR ribs or steak...
    Different sauce, different taste... Both were great...

Comment

Hi there, what a fantastic food trip, never been interested to visit Sydney, but now i have a strong reason for visiting the city, i will certainly copy your trip guide, inc flying with Ga. Thanks again for an "eye opener" trip report. Cheers.

Comment

Thanks mate...
        Me like Hurricane's more... But nephew like POTR beef ribs more... Niece like Hurricane's more.... Youngest nephew vote none, because he had fish & chips, never had the POTR ribs or steak...
        Different sauce, different taste... Both were great...
        Geez, Probably I need to book a flight to Sydney for the Lebaran Holiday to try all foods in this TR that i haven't tried it before, (if i could lost some kilos during this month )

Great TR, Great Food, Great Comments, and waiting for more details on your trip! Cheers
        Last edited by dennisandara; 25 July 2012, 12:13 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
          Hey... That's the same "nasi goreng"...
          Looks like it can be said as GA's signature dish , a delicious one...
          Oh yum! I love nasi goreng java. Most of my GA memories are from the 70s and 80s on their D10s, D9Ss, and F28s! Which reminds me of the nasi goreng song from that era that they sang at the Pasar Malams in Holland

*sings*

Geef mij maar nasi goreng
          Met een gebakkend ei
          Wat sambal en wat kroepoek
          En een goed glas bier erbij!

Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Seeing this just makes me miss Sydney so much.

Comment

Thanks for posting such an amazing report.

Glad you enjoyed your time in Australia.

I am off to cook an early dinner, your photos have made me so hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                Oh yum! I love nasi goreng java. Most of my GA memories are from the 70s and 80s on their D10s, D9Ss, and F28s! Which reminds me of the nasi goreng song from that era that they sang at the Pasar Malams in Holland

*sings*

Met een gebakkend ei

xcuse me to OT TS, but B727 I admire you , you are like multilingual dictionary, how many language can you speak ?

Comment

Originally posted by Handiman View Post
                  xcuse me to OT TS, but B727 I admire you , you are like multilingual dictionary, how many language can you speak ?
                  Haha, the real person you should admire is the OP Dent@SUB who travels all over and writes the most detailed TRs with the awesomest, mouthwatering food pics!

But to answer your question, I speak enough to cover all the places I regularly travel to (half of them on SQ! )
                  Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Xcuse me OT again , DENT@SUB ? yes for sure , so passionate.. applause..
                    I believe the ppl here at SQTalk are all outstandings, Cheers to all .

Comment

• Originally posted by djjlo View Post
                      Hi there, what a fantastic food trip, never been interested to visit Sydney, but now i have a strong reason for visiting the city, i will certainly copy your trip guide, inc flying with Ga. Thanks again for an "eye opener" trip report. Cheers.
                      Glad to hear that now you're interested with SYD...
                      There's a lot, I really mean a lot of good food there...
                      Don't make me to start talking about Glebe, Leichhardt or any other suburb that full of interesting restaurants...

Originally posted by dennisandara View Post
                      Geez, Probably I need to book a flight to Sydney for the Lebaran Holiday to try all foods in this TR that i haven't tried it before, (if i could lost some kilos during this month )

Great TR, Great Food, Great Comments, and waiting for more details on your trip! Cheers
                      And then, just hurry to grab your ticket... it's really hard to get a ticket out of CGK for that time frame....
                      More to come after this...

Originally posted by B727 View Post

*sings*

Met een gebakkend ei

70s? 80s? Were you grown up in Indo?
                      Btw, you can also have Rijsttafel on board GA to AMS...

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                      Seeing this just makes me miss Sydney so much.
                      So sorry that I made you suffer....
                      And then, just grab a ticket, and go to SYD for a food festive...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                        Thanks for posting such an amazing report.

Glad you enjoyed your time in Australia.

I am off to cook an early dinner, your photos have made me so hungry.
                        Thanks mate...
                        I always enjoyed myself in Sydney... I love the food there so much....
                        Btw, please do share me your cooking's pictures...

Originally posted by Handiman View Post
                        I believe the ppl here at SQTalk are all outstandings, Cheers to all .
                        Couldn't agree more... These people in this community are just fabulous...

Comment

• On the next day, it's time for them to fly back to SUB via CGK...

Around 10AM, they were already at the airport....

Here are the FIDS for that day...

GA using row H for check in, quite on the end of the hall...

GA using 3 separate lines for their pax, economy, executive and GFF elite member...

There were two GA flights that day... one bound for CGK, the other bound for DPS...

Economy counter quite packed with pax, but the J class counters quite deserted that morning...

Garuda provided one special courtesy counter for their pax, which's very useful for GA's foreign pax... Visa on Arrival counter...

Soon they've already got their BP and fast track card...

But... knowing this "kampung guy" hobby, they didn't go straight away to the immigration...
                          (His hobby? Another food? In the airport? you must be kidding... )

He dragged his nephews to follow him to the row B check in counters...

Between row A and row B, there's a door to the outdoor viewing gallery...

He wanted to do some plane spotting....!!
                          (Hey... he has another hobby, not only food.... he love aircraft also... )

Comment

• SYD is very friendly with planes spotter...
                            They even provided an elevator to the viewing deck...

That yellow thing is the elevator...

And here are the pictures of the viewing deck...

And for aircraft lover, please enjoy the pictures...

Comment

• Look at those SQFlyergirl's fav, EK B77W... Was our Grand Dame SQFlyergirl onboard that plane sitting at 2A??

Another view of the airport....

Comment

• Still wanted to enjoy the lounge before the flight, they ended the spotting session half heart-ed... And went down to the immigration counter...

With their fast track cards, all went smoothly... no queue for them on the immigration counter...

GA used Qantas Business Class lounge for their premium pax..
                                This is a right choice... Qantas Lounge is the best lounge that GA can get at SYD...

And here are the pictures of the Qantas Lounge...

Comment

Working...
                                X