• Show
Clear All

• SIN-DPS-SIN on KL

Greetings!

30 December 2011
    KLM Royal Dutch Airlines 835
    SIN-DPS
    Boeing 777-306ER PH-BVB "Nationaal Park Fulufjället"

Arrived at Changi Airport Terminal 1 and dropped off the bags at the counter. We had checked in the day before and pre-selected our seats
    as well printed our boarding pass.
    I find KLM's website really user-friendly and easy to navigate

Terminal 3

Newly Renovated Terminal 1

I find the new lighting pretty attractive!

"Older" part of T1

Sat outside Gate C22 and saw PH-BVB arriving on time from AMS.

That would be the Captain of KL835 today

Many of the passengers were continuing on to DPS and only a handful of them stopped in SIN. DPS bound passengers were given a card and were told to hang around until the gate opened.

Gate Open

PH-BVB being loaded for the short hop over to DPS

Boarding was called by Class/Families/Special needs, followed by Economy. As boarding was called, a long line soon formed from the entrance to the jetway
    all the way to the gate security area(Is this the norm?)

Though I was the last few to board, a line still formed inside the jetway.
    Greeted by the friendly FA and directed to my seat, 39K.

Well, i am not TALL AT ALL. Leg room was more than sufficient.

Soon, the Captain came on the PA informing us that two passengers did
    not board the aircraft and they were unable to locate them, as such they had to remove their bags from the aircraft. From my seat, I could see the ground crew gathering, probably trying to locate the bags

Then the Captain came on the PA once again informing us that the two passengers had been located and were now on the way to the aircraft. The bags were put back into the aircraft. At this point of time, we were already almost 30 minutes behind our scheduled departure time

The two passengers were an elderly couple, probably had been on the AMS flight. Well, at least we were now on our way.

Takeoff was from 02C, after take off the aircraft banked right, followed by another, setting course for DPS. Actual departure time was an hour after the scheduled departure time.

Comment

Once the seatbelt sign was turned off, the FA's distributed earphones. The earphones were of decent quality.

FA's came around with drinks service, shortly after, it was followed by Dinner.

I think the presentation is nice!

It was an Indonesian/Malay dish of rice cakes, beans and chicken in some spice. The chicken was just right, not too tough. However, the rice cakes were too bland for my liking. All in all, for the fare that we paid, It was well above our expectations

Sunset

It was a full flight!

Before we knew it, the captain came on announcing descent and that we would be expected to land soon. It was complete darkness outside and nothing much could be seen till just before touch down.

We made a hard landing on Runway27 and quickly vacated the runway and followed by a short taxi, we arrived at our gate.

Clearing immigration was a breeze as we did not require Visas. Soon we were met by our hotel driver who drove us to our hotel.

All in All it was a enjoyable flight, FA's were always smiling and seem to love what they were doing. My first experience on KLM was a good one

Comment

3 January 2012
        KLM Royal Dutch Airline 836
        DPS-SIN
        Boeing 777-306ER PH-BVD "Nationaal Park Amboseli"

Arrived at the airport pretty early as there was not much to do.

Look at all the motorcycles!

Check in counter

At the counter, we were offered a free one night stay at Conrad Nusa Dua and a morning SQ flight back to SIN as the AMS flight was overbooked. As we had commitments the following day, we did not take up the offer.

Check-in Area

My Boarding Pass

9V-SRI operating SQ947 to SIN

I was hoping that I could catch a ride on PH-BVD, when I reached the gate, indeed it was PH-BVD giving me a ride back to Singapore today!

Comment

Push back was on time, quick taxi to Runway 27, followed by a powerful takeoff.

Flight was uneventful, except we got into really bad turbulence somewhere near Jakarta.

Landed slightly ahead of time on 02C followed by a quick taxi to Gate D42, just as AY82 at the opposite gate was pushing back.

In conclusion, it was an enjoyable trip on KLM. The AVOD was enough to keep me entertained though it was only a short 2 hours flight. However I found that the system was not very responsive and I had to click the buttons twice most of the time before something actually happened(on both legs). Crew was wonderful for both flights.

Cheers

Comment

Hi there. Great TR! Anyway, would like to ask, is early check in available for everyone? Also, How early can you check in?

Comment

I think both planes are frequently used for this route. I was on the Skyteam plane on KL835 and the other planeas KL836
              visit my blog

Comment

Guess KLM is popular for us SQTalkers on the SIN-DPS route. I would be on the same flights next month too
                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                X