No announcement yet.

Farewell To the 747

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed, great pics thank you Nick C Some very fond memories of all three classes, albeit mostly (almost exclusively in fact) the back of the bus

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      My SQ 747 "career" in numbers :

Flights: 163, totalling : 357,603 miles
      • 747-200: none
      • 747-300: Big Top - 6
      • 747-400: Megatop - 157

• Shortest flight: SQ117, 31 August 1997 9V-SMA SZB-SIN
      • Longest flight: SQ1 - which i only had the pleasure of doing once 13/12/2005 on the Sarong Party Girl

Flown frames:
      N118KD
      N123KJ
      N124KK
      9V-SKA
      MA, MB, MC, MD, MG, MH, MI, MJ, MK, ML, MM, MN, MP, MR, MS, Auckland Tail strike special, MU (whilst wearing the 1000th logo), MV, MW, MZ (most flown 12x), PA, PC, PD, PE, PF, Sarong Party Girl, PH, PI, PJ, PL (whilst in tropical livery), PM, PN, PO, PP (in both star and regular livery), PQ

Notable absentees: the late PK.

Bye bye SQ747 - I will miss you! (a bit)

Long live the 380 . I flew on SQ25 JFK-FRA-SIN last week in Blueberry. Gotta say that DOES have 4F on the 744 well beaten
      This might be a stupid question but why did they have some US registered aircraft please?

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        This might be a stupid question but why did they have some US registered aircraft please?
        From the back of my head, it had something to do with the US Banks financing the purchase of the 743s.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          Makes me wonder where will the F seats go after they're out of service
          Incineration

The designs are proprietary to SQ so they won't be too keen to share it with outsiders like us.

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          I am quite certain that, given the opportunity, a few members here will pay for the privilege of having them installed in their living rooms.
          I think it will be priced similarly to 2 years of QPP.

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          Excellent pics, Nick C. Brings back fond memories.
          Thanks again for sharing your pictures with the rest of us.
          Originally posted by UMD View Post
          Love this...I would certainly look at my favorite 17A and 17K this Sunday when I visit the show.
          Originally posted by nickbot View Post
          Indeed, great pics thank you Nick C Some very fond memories of all three classes, albeit mostly (almost exclusively in fact) the back of the bus
          Always a pleasure folks

Honestly, 9V-SPQ is looking far more tired than her 11 or so years.

Boy am I glad to see the 747 go and my heart goes out to the MEL folk who seem to have a strong bond with it

Will probably catch a QF cityflyer down to MEL and fly out on SQ218 to connect to SQ747 on 6APR

Comment

Thanks for posting Nick C. Agree that the old girl's time is up. Tho one last fling on 6 April will be a fitting send-off.

Comment

the 744 is still a great aircraft to fly - and cant really blame the plane but SQ for not maintaining the cabin and not even retrofitting the few 744s that is needed till now - as even some 5 yrs back when they knew abt the delays in the A380 n that its 744s are to fly for another few yrs, SQ did nothing to upgrade the cabin. Unlike CX which have retrofitted completely the cabin in its older 744s - incl those that were bought from SQ - and theior 744s looks as good as new. Same thing for SQs 772s which were not upgraded much earlier knowing that there were a couple of yrsdelay in their new aircrafts ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                Unlike CX which have retrofitted completely the cabin in its older 744s - incl those that were bought from SQ - and theior 744s looks as good as new.

Not really. They couldn't use SQ's J/F seats so they put their own new F and Olympus J when they bought them, but they're not stupid either, and have no plans to keep them for too long - after all they have no plans to fit the Cirrus product on the 744,so I'm sticking to 77D's and 77G's with CX.

Comment

I'll post my version of the farewell once i recover from my sunburn (2 hours under the sun)

Comment

OMG - this prompted me to look back through my flight log and I see a 1999 flight from SYD - SIN - LHR all operated on 9V-SPK

Comment

Working...
                    X