Boeing 787-8 TR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post

I've noticed that the J seats are slightly staggered though not as staggered as the ones we now see in other current J classes. Do you know what's the idea behind this? Does it actually save space?
    Even on SQ's current A330, the seat pairs are slightly staggered: window pair not aligned with middle pair

I prefer this asthetically to current staggered J' s

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post

Irrelevant to you as you only fly F/C

Er... I'm expecting hard times?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
      Even on SQ's current A330, the seat pairs are slightly staggered: window pair not aligned with middle pair
      Was referring to the centre pair of J seats. The right seat seems to be about 30cm behind the left seat.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
        I'm very happy with the current one.

The million dollar question is whether long haul New Business Class will be higher density & go Staggered J ( NH, OZ, EK ) or Herring Bone ( NZ, CX ).

Thought the fuel efficient, tried & tested A330 will force them to fly further away.

3-3-3 in Y? Oh dear. Please 2-4-2...
        Staggered will probably allow them to maintain the same seat density upfront. Maybe they will come up with something not as claustrophobic as the current generation of capsule Js.

By the time the initial batch of 20 787-9s are fully delivered, the early 333s would have left the fleet. So I'm guessing the remaining 333s will be relegated to the shorter regional sectors - BKK/CGK/DPS - and the 787-9 will be doing the longer regional sectors - PEK/HND/SYD.

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        Thanks, Nick C, for the second installment. The rainbow colours ... hmmm, feels like a disco of sorts.

I've noticed that the J seats are slightly staggered though not as staggered as the ones we now see in other current J classes. Do you know what's the idea behind this? Does it actually save space?

Do I see some Premium Y in one of the photos or has the fisheye distorted a tight space looking otherwise?
        N787BX is a demonstrator aircraft. So everything on board is just for commercial and marketing purposes. It serves no bearing to what the customers will actually install. Likewise, the rainbow effect is just a demonstration of the capabilities on the LEDs.

It's not Y+. Just Y seats with extra legroom again for the support staff to rest during the long positioning sectors. They will be doing SIN-BFI for the return journey.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Thanks Nick C!

So long as its NOT done kyo-style...
        Totally SFW.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          Likewise, the rainbow effect is just a demonstration of the capabilities on the LEDs.
          Well, I can imagine certain airlines like Virgin going for the disco-light effects.

Totally SFW.

Awesome pictures and a great report! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Totally SFW.
            Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ORDnHKG View Post
              Those are not staggered at all, just at a slight angle. It is the exact same seat and config on CO's BusinessFirst for 777 but different fabrics.
              Here's a photo my friend took (posted on facebook) to illustrate your point. Looking at the middle seats, the edge of the seat frames looks parallel to the aircraft body, but the seat itself is at an angle to that.

Comment

Ah! I see what you mean now!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                  Well, I can imagine certain airlines like Virgin going for the disco-light effects.

Awesome pictures and a great report! Thanks for sharing.
                  70s disco?

Still have a couple more pictures to share - crew rest areas & Kyo's favourite mini cabin. Will probably upload them by the end of the week.

Comment

Still have a couple more pictures to share - crew rest areas & Kyo's favourite mini cabin. Will probably upload them by the end of the week.
                    Not to hijack your thread, but I do have one cockpit photo if anyone is interested.

Comment

Will upload the cockpit shots later. Have all the techgasmic up close shots.

Comment

Will upload the cockpit shots later. Have all the techgasmic up close shots.
                        Quit playing with our emotions. Post them!

Comment

Here we are upfront. Left of L1.

The Boeing 787 flight deck features LCD multi-function displays that can be easily configured according to the pilot's preferences.

Electronic Flight Bag (EFB)

Unlike the A380, Heads-Up Display (HUD) are installed by default and not optional items. The HUD improves pilot situational awareness, particularly during the approach and landing phases by showing trajectory related symbols superimposed on the pilot’s actual external view.

Comment

For Kyo.

Comment

Tech Crew Rest Area

Cabin Crew Rest Area

Comment

For Kyo.

OMG!

I it very much indeed...

Comment

Working...