A dash of London and a serving of Leeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    It takes at best an hour by tube from LHR to King's Cross and then you have to go up to the station and find your train etc. This means that you should be sat on the tube around 16:30 and hope that there are no tube problems. This timing does not seem feasible given a STA of 15:30, possible delays, immigration, delays in getting your luggage etc.
    Noted thanks. I will book the 7.18pm train and hope for the best then.

Comment

i second that..it's difficult if there are delays. i took the same flight in January and it departed SIN late by about 50 min and then by the time I got to King's Cross after baggage, tube etc, it was after 1800 hrs...i think about 1815-1830. so then i was glad that i had played safe and booked train for 1925 hrs.

Plenty of coffee places to chill and there is free wi-fi at King's Cross/St Pancras so the wait is not too bad.

Having said that, some of my friends have managed to get train conductors to allow them to take the later train just by explaining that their flight was delayed but better don't take the chance if it is your first time!

Comment

Thanks for the report, and good luck in your studies.

Comment

Just missed you isaac. I flew SINLHR on 11 Sep.

Speed limit on M1 is 70 unposted. Some stretches especially closer to London would have been 50 due to construction works. Due to an accident, all traffic was diverted out of the M1 North from J8 to J9 (or was it J9 to J10?) Good thing I had satnav and the police officers were really friendly when diverting traffic, giving instructions on how to join the M1 again.

Study hard in Leeds, but don't forget to play hard too.

Comment

Originally Posted by phaleesy

Yes, I am also from China and I speak good English for a Chinese. Which part of China is Singapore again?
            This is amusing to read. It shows how naive we can all be about other nationalities. I am English and have been living in Singapore for 6 years. These are the questions I am always being asked. They are all said with such a shocked tone:

1 - You know how to eat curry? (Particularly amusing for an Englishman given the UK's most popular dish)

2 - You can take spicy food?

3 - You can use chopsticks?

I guess we can all be guilty of ignorance sometimes.

Good luck with your studies Isaac!

Comment

Originally posted by craig777 View Post
              This is amusing to read. It shows how naive we can all be about other nationalities. I am English and have been living in Singapore for 6 years. These are the questions I am always being asked. They are all said with such a shocked tone:

1 - You know how to eat curry? (Particularly amusing for an Englishman given the UK's most popular dish)

2 - You can take spicy food?

3 - You can use chopsticks?

I guess we can all be guilty of ignorance sometimes.

Good luck with your studies Isaac!
              One of the most common to an English man will be "Which football club u support?"
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Ah yes the damned football question - the consternation generated by the response 'actually I don't watch football' is always fun.

Comment

Working...
                X