No announcement yet.

GA C to AMS and Back: A Pictorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, no place holder for overnight European train? Would love to see some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Hmm, no place holder for overnight European train? Would love to see some pics.
      Stuffy cabin and stinky toilet. Well, let's say the train experience was not something I would like to repeat. It was not as luxurious as it sounds.

I was so exhausted with the boarding process that night that I slept all the way to VCE.

Comment

Nice TR UMD , loving Garuda now especially their eagerness to improve , service and hospitality.. Cant wait 2012 when they join SkyTeam

Comment

Great TR so far. Loving every part of it....but cant wait for the return leg report as I heard it was a zillion times better hihihi

Comment

Thanks for the excellent report! Indeed, I enjoyed going through your thoughful pics

I have long wanted to try out the services of the new and revamped Garuda myself, but never got round to doing it. And after reading your report, I have finally booked myself (and the wife) a short hop to Bali in a couple of weeks.

Though I noticed you mentioned: "... The experience started at the very spacious GA's check-in counters in row 1 @T3...". When I booked our tickets on Garuda's website, it advertised that Executive Class passengers are invited to use the CIP lounge at Jet Quay. Did you not take advantage of that?

Comment

Loving the pictorial report so far, thanks UMD.
              Looking forward to more to come.

Glad that GA has finally reached good international airline standards!

Comment

Fantastique report!

Once again, an SQTalker has proved that GA can easily beat other 5* airlines. SQ should seriously take note.

Can't wait for the rest!

Comment

Originally posted by Egoiste View Post
                  Though I noticed you mentioned: "... The experience started at the very spacious GA's check-in counters in row 1 @T3...". When I booked our tickets on Garuda's website, it advertised that Executive Class passengers are invited to use the CIP lounge at Jet Quay. Did you not take advantage of that?
                  Yes. Did that once when GA first started to provide JetQuay facility to their premium pax. I prefer the SATS lounge in T3 to the JetQuay facility because JetQuay is just way too quite for me. The only nice thing about JetQuay is that they will handle all your check-in and your luggages before they buggy you to the gate.
                  Last edited by UMD; 4 August 2011, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Nice TR and I love your photos UMD! Can't wait to see more!

One of these days I should try GA longhaul...
                    Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Wow what a lovely TR of GA. I guess they were pretty serious with this Quantum Leap and the GA Experience, because GA is sure different since the last time I flew with them.

Out of curiosity, did you find any grammar and spelling mistakes on the menu? Because from another TR were some misakes. And does GA hand out a wine list that comes with the menu?

Comment

WOW, Another Great TR!. Just out of my Curiosity, Hows the "Gadis Garuda (GA Girls)" English skills? Is it better now?

Comment

Great thread.. If I'm not wrong, SQ is still flying 772 to AMS which makes this plane much better than what SQ is offering...

But how long did the entire trip took?
                          Life's A Bitch,
                          Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

it kind of a reminds me of SQ in the 80s when the focus was very much on the customer - that is before it became profit driven and forgot all about the basics. My next business trip booking will definately be on Garuda.

Comment

Hi ! What a great trip report you shared to us. As a Garuda fan, I was very pleased to read your trip report. And too bad I even haven't felt the Garuda experience to Amsterdam, and I'm very looking forward to it.

Based on what you wrote, I certainly agreed on many things such as the GA Girls - despite their image might not be comparable to SQ Girls but their sincerity, openness, friendliness, and hospitality are actually better than SQ Girls, and these authentic personalities are actually the strength that make many passengers are willing to be loyal - traveling with Garuda. These girls (Well, lots of old ladies there too hehe) are able to make every passenger feels like home.

Despite many criticism on foods, yeah I think the catering ex - CGK is definitely poor quality. Many people complained on the food tastes! I heard that one of Indonesia culinary experts that is currently assigned as the food advisor for Garuda traveled to all international destinations to teach the local catering about the menu. I believe that they must have really paid attention during the process and able to remain the quality. Second guess might - I think Dutch people are common with Indonesian foods, therefore they might be good to cook the Indonesian foods.

As I can say, Singapore Airlines is indeed the best airlines that offers a beyond premium service, and no one will doubt their qualities, but somehow, their service is predictable. Even before you board the plane you can tell what will happen during flight. I have flown GA forever my life, starting from with descent and old fashioned facilities on board, or lack of IFE equipment, at some point their steward and stewardess are the point plus of why I keep flying with Garuda.

Flying experience is not just on what you get, what you eat, and what you watch during the service, but beyond that, I think a chance to meet new people and learning about other things (this case is coming from flight attendant experience) could be very fascinating as well.

Oh, before that, I actually notice that you are quiet talented in making birds out of towels hahaha the first one was actually nice! haha good job!

Regards,
                              Last edited by cbt744; 14 August 2011, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Wow. Those portions were like when SQ was like in the 80's. Now they pale in comparison to GA, or even MH!!

Yes, SQ should be afraid... be very afraid of the growing regional competition!

Comment

Working...
                                X