Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garuda are unsafe

Comment

Seriously, thanks for signing up just to tell us that...

Comment

Double posting
        Last edited by UMD; 18 August 2011, 10:01 PM. Reason: Double posting

Comment

Originally posted by AeroVoyager View Post
          Wow what a lovely TR of GA. I guess they were pretty serious with this Quantum Leap and the GA Experience, because GA is sure different since the last time I flew with them.

Out of curiosity, did you find any grammar and spelling mistakes on the menu? Because from another TR were some misakes. And does GA hand out a wine list that comes with the menu?
          GA certainly needs to work on proof reading its menu and to make sure that no funny English is used. I did notice a few typos.

The beverage list which has wines, champagne, liquors, coffees, teas, cocktails (which includes Mojito) listed is indeed available. As you can see, only the crew on the last sector handed out the beverage menu however. When I made it known to the crew that I did not get the beverage menu in my previous sectors, the crew told me that they were all supposed to hand out the beverage menu along with the meal menu. It could be it was a new protocol and some crew were not very familiar with it yet.

Originally posted by dennisandara View Post
          WOW, Another Great TR!. Just out of my Curiosity, Hows the "Gadis Garuda (GA Girls)" English skills? Is it better now?
          Could not tell you as I didn't have any past reference. However, they did seem comfortable to talk to several western passengers. Cabin announcement in English made by the girls were definitely clearer and easier to understand than the one made by the male purser. The female purser on my last sector however spoke a very good English.

One more thing, I believe Garuda should provide its pursers template for all the announcements to be made on board. Some pursers could just drag on and on with their announcement. They should make it clear and concise.

Originally posted by Singapore Guy View Post
          it kind of a reminds me of SQ in the 80s when the focus was very much on the customer - that is before it became profit driven and forgot all about the basics. My next business trip booking will definately be on Garuda.
          I think you will be pleasantly surprised with Garuda. And yes, the crew particularly the girls do a wonderful job. One cannot help to notice and to feel the sincerity they possess when serving the passengers.
          Last edited by UMD; 19 August 2011, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cally View Post
            garuda are unsafe
            Based on what? Past records or current practices? Yes, I know this is an open forum and that you can voice any opinion here. However, I can't help to think that you certainly have your own agenda signing up with SQTalk just so that you can post these 3 words about Garuda.

I feel extremely safe flying with Garuda lately and I can tell you that I know the crew also take safety very seriously. I can feel it every time I fly with them.

I am just happy that there is now another very good airline for us to fly with in the region. Being a frequent travel, I certainly fly only with an airline I know is safe.
            Last edited by UMD; 19 August 2011, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Hey you finally finished the report!

I agree with you about GA still has some inconsistencies with its service. Compare with the ones from your trip the services in the domestic segment is even more shaky, but I'm sure with an even more improved Training Centre, GA Girls can easily catch up with the SQ Girls.

Agree with the plates as well. I prefer if they use the ones they used for the Rijstafel for all main courses. Don't you think the boat-shaped dish makes the meal portion look a tad-bit smaller ?

Comment

garuda are unsafe
                Only if they land on you.

Comment

garuda are unsafe
                  Statistically QF is safer.

Comment

all indonesian airlines are unsafe

Comment

all indonesian airlines are unsafe
                      cool story bro

Comment

Originally posted by AeroVoyager View Post
                        cool story bro
                        pilot suicide silk air 185 indonesian crew
                        adam air
                        Last edited by SQflyergirl; 21 August 2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

pilot suicide silk air 185 indonesian crew
                          adam air

[mod hat on] Are you going to actually post anything factual or are you here to troll? Consider yourself warned.[/mod hat off]

Silkair 185 had a singaporean captain, and a new zealand FO - so get your facts right before spouting off.
                          Last edited by SQflyergirl; 21 August 2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I'm quite confident with the new GA n its direction n plans for the future...Also havin read many TR on GA in MalaysianWings, A.net and FT.com, I will not hesitate to take GA if given a chance but too bad from where I'm based the closest Indonesion airline I can take is Lion ATR and Sriwijaya.....

Comment

Thanks - Great report - looks like some real competition out of AMS and DXB for SQ.

Comment

Great report, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X