Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Singapore Airlines, Long Time No See!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your sincerity and passion for the airline leaves this jaded frequent flyer that little bit more enthusiastic towards this weekend's upcoming flight. Very well written, and cheers for the 'allow me to demonstrate' mention!

Great work mate, and Happy Birthday Aulia Harun!

Comment

Thanks for taking time to share this with us

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Enjoyed this TR aulia - well done !
        Thank you SQflyergirl!

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Thanks Aulia. Was wondering.... do you have a SQ tattoo somewhere??
        You're welcome 9V-JKL.
        Hahaha I don't have one, honestly. I'm not into that kind of stuff.

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
        Amazing trip report Aulia! Great pictures
        Thanks sealalula!

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
        Do the SQ ladies stop and talk to you on flights???? Maybe I should get a shirt like yours too!!... jus jk...
        They didn't on these two flights unfortunately
        It really depends on the cabin crew on board. I remembered back in August of 2009, there was a really friendly Indonesian cabin crew on SQ492 DXB - CAI and I had a nice casual conversation with an FSS. At one point we conversed in Bahasa Indonesia and she even joked about having me handout the newspapers to the J pax because I was wearing the SQ batik shirt!

The reality, I guess, is that the cabin crew do not interact much with Y pax. I may be wrong though, because I don't fly SQ frequently. I heard the cabin crew interact with you more in F and J, where the flight steward/ess to pax ratio is higher. I've flown SQ J only once so far CGK - SIN in August of 2009, too short of a flight to chat with an SQ Girl.

A little OT, in reference to the thread on the All About SIA subforum about SIA Girls resting in Y pax seats, I think that would give Y pax an opportunity to have casual conversations with SIA Girls on break, unless they prefer to sleep of course.

You should get the same shirt too! I bought it in June of 2009 at SIN T2's Discover Singapore, opposite of the electronics/camera shop across from the Koi Pond. I think it was S$31 for size S.

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
        You are truly a die-hard fan of SQ !

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
        Nice..

OT: Is that a new Indonesian passport design? IIRC, it wasn't that way. Or was it?
        Thanks SilverChris!

Image courtesy of Google and flickr
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanghaidaddy/3013568038/

I believe it's the newest design. I only ever had two Indonesian passports, each of the one pictured. My current one is the one in the foreground. There is a biometric and non-biometric version for the new one. Mine is non-biometric since I forgot to mention it to the embassy when I had it issued.
        Immigration agents hate non-biometric passports...

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
        I too flew 9V-SQC ( It is a 14yr old aircraft! The last time I flew it was in 1998 on SIN-PEN!) a month before you on MNL-SIN in J and agree that the IFE is crap! Fuzzy screens, limited choices, spoilt audio channel. Also mentioned it in my previous trip report. Luckily the food made up for it.
        Tell me about it...
        I couldn't enjoy anything on the old PTV. I recommend bringing along an iPad, laptop, DVD player, etc...
        Oh yes, the food does make up for it

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Your sincerity and passion for the airline leaves this jaded frequent flyer that little bit more enthusiastic towards this weekend's upcoming flight. Very well written, and cheers for the 'allow me to demonstrate' mention!

Great work mate, and Happy Birthday Aulia Harun!
        Thanks for the birthday wish Kyo and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Have a good flight

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        Thanks for taking time to share this with us
        You're welcome!
        Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Great TR and beautiful pictures

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Aulia you one brave soul! In my decade plus of flying SQ, i have never seen any man donn the Keyaba patterned shirt.

SQT founders and elite members, you have been convincingly trumped!!

Do redeem yourself by wearing the full Kebaya kit on your next flight.

And Aulia, i didnt know flying Y can be this fun. Try not to explode (with joy) when you're riding the whale.

Comment

Hey, great TR! Loved your enthusiasm, which clearly shines through in your passionate narrative!
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Thank you for the TR, Aulia.

Originally posted by SQTalked View Post
                Aulia you one brave soul! In my decade plus of flying SQ, i have never seen any man donn the Keyaba patterned shirt.

SQT founders and elite members, you have been convincingly trumped!!

And Aulia, i didnt know flying Y can be this fun. Try not to explode (with joy) when you're riding the whale.

Oh i think we should reserve that honour for the winner of the Condescending Newbie Prat award. I know who'd be my nominee.

Comment

Bad day in the office milehigh? Or did they refuse to serve you Krug in J?

May i advise you to check your blood pressure. You may find you need to lighten up.

It's all banter old chap. I insist not to be drawn into trading insults.

This ain't The Inbetweeners.

;p

Comment

A wonderful day in the office actually, thank you for asking.

Many of us banter regularly, and quite enjoyably for all. But we do tend to exclude them who miss the subtleties between funny and crass.

Comment

Hahaha...sarcasm demonstrated at it's finest milehigh! Managed to land two punches with the tiniest of effort. Hopefully i have the opportunity or two to return a few jibes in the future.

Let's not take away the attention of a nice TR by Aulia.

Comment

You are definitely a solid SQ Fan haha, good job on the trip report!!

Comment

Lovely TR Aulia Harun. Your aviation background makes it even more memorable

Comment

Originally posted by G_G View Post
                            Great TR and beautiful pictures

Thanks for sharing
                            Thanks and you're welcome!

Now you're just being silly!
                            I do not have the full sarong kebaya because my SQ-patterned shirt is all I need to wear... Although, if I recall correctly, someone here in SQTalk had the full kit and posted photos of it in one of the threads.

Air travel is always fun
                            I'll try not to explode with joy, but I sure know I will be excited!

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                            Hey, great TR! Loved your enthusiasm, which clearly shines through in your passionate narrative!
                            Thank you!

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                            Thank you for the TR, Aulia.
                            You're welcome milehighj!

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
                            You are definitely a solid SQ Fan haha, good job on the trip report!!
                            Thanks!

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                            Lovely TR Aulia Harun. Your aviation background makes it even more memorable
                            Thanks 9V-SIA, I'm glad you like it.
                            Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Glad you saw the funny side as intended.

The UK, with exception of Brazil during Madigra, is probably the home of cross dressing. If SQ would sponsor a run for good cause, you might just see some matured adult running as a SQ Girl....for a larff. Crass? Absolutely not.

;p

Comment

El hilwa TR!

Tro7y we terg3y bel salama ya Aulia
                                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                                X