SQ 68 SIN-BCN-GRU (Sao Paulo) Inaugural, with Hotel Fasano and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
    Exceellent shots, thank you for sharing this with us...
    Nowhere close to how fab your pictures usually look, N_Architect.
    Thanks for viewing.

Comment

Bravo!!!
      blog

Comment

StarG and I were wondering if the most famous SQ Girl of all would be on the inaugural, and a little dickie bird tells me she took the inaugural SQ67 from GRU-BCN.

For those who are interested, the SQ67 inaugural crew positioned out via South Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
          Sorry for being OT StarG, I am very enthusiastic when it comes to MH.
          No worries.

Originally posted by haf View Post
          Bravo!!!

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          StarG and I were wondering if the most famous SQ Girl of all would be on the inaugural, and a little dickie bird tells me she took the inaugural SQ67 from GRU-BCN.
          Does 'trip summary' ring a bell? Tick... tick... tick...

Comment

Wonderful report, thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              Notice the missing "Sao Paulo" wordings at the gate and on all the depature info boards. Just "GRU". Must be some technical error.

They still haven't sorted this :

'GRU'
              via Barcelona

No mention of 'Sao Paulo'.....
              Last edited by MAN Flyer; 13 April 2011, 10:25 PM.

Comment

StarG
                You're good at taking pictures. Very clear, sharp and well taken. Good camera, what is it?
                I find the water at Sao Paulo is strong with chlorine. Not that I drank it, you could smell and feel when having a bath or shower.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFM View Post
                  StarG
                  You're good at taking pictures. Very clear, sharp and well taken. Good camera, what is it?
                  I find the water at Sao Paulo is strong with chlorine. Not that I drank it, you could smell and feel when having a bath or shower.
                  I don't know about that - many of my pics are actually blurred here and there.

However, I am quite happy with my current camera - it is a Leica V-Lux 20.
                  The big brother D-Lux 5 (cousin of Panasonic LX-5) can supposedly take better quality pictures, but the zoom ability is quite inadequate.
                  That's why I went for the V-Lux 20 -- it has 12x zoom feature. Also, the lens retracts into the body of the camera and is closed automatically -- it does not stick out like the D-Lux 5's. Much easier to carry around & use.
                  Picture quality is reasonably good for me - for a non-DSLR.
                  It takes decent quality HD videos too. I just love hearing the 77W engine sound during the start of take off roll.

Didn't notice chlorine smell in the hotel shower in Sao Paulo.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    I just love hearing the 77W engine sound during the start of take off roll.
                    For noise on an aircraft nothing beats the undercarriage retracting on a 744 when you are in F.

Comment

post deleted
                      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Will there be a GRU-SIN?

Comment

I was stood in arrivals at T2 yesterday waiting for other family members who had been pulled in to have their baggage scanned when I spotted the Brazilian 777 captain who flew us on the BCN-GRU leg on the inaugural. He is a really nice bloke and he spent some time talking with a few us in the F cabin - myself, StarG and an SQ A380 pilot who was in there - telling us where to go and where not to go in Sao Paulo.

As I walked over to him to say hello he spotted me and said 'Hey, how you doing ?'. I had a quick chat with him and it turned out he he had flown us in from Bali. Small world.

Comment

One of my brazilian friends told me that when Varig went bust, various international airlines snapped them up. Must be great for the Brazilian pilots to be able to get back home again.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              I was stood in arrivals at T2 yesterday waiting for other family members who had been pulled in to have their baggage scanned when I spotted the Brazilian 777 captain who flew us on the BCN-GRU leg on the inaugural. He is a really nice bloke and he spent some time talking with a few us in the F cabin - myself, StarG and an SQ A380 pilot who was in there - telling us where to go and where not to go in Sao Paulo.

As I walked over to him to say hello he spotted me and said 'Hey, how you doing ?'. I had a quick chat with him and it turned out he he had flown us in from Bali. Small world.
                              Indeed he is very nice - he flew my GRU-BCN flight as well (as expected).
                              It was the same aircraft too (9V-SWA).

Had a good chat with him on the return leg as well.

Comment

post deleted
                                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X