No announcement yet.

SQ 68 SIN-BCN-GRU (Sao Paulo) Inaugural, with Hotel Fasano and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were to comment the TR in local language, it would be...

"Visualmente magnífico, e insanamente documentação viagem orgásmica invejável.

Só não consigo ter o suficiente ... só não pode obter o suficiente ... só não pode obter o suficiente ..."

Was wondering about the water canon salute at El Prat. I mean that is not SQ's inaugural flight into the airport.

Por quê?

Comment

Bread and pre-appetizers

Pao de queijo

Excellent local beer

MAN Flyer's appetizer: "Huevos Rotos" - Spanish style scrambled eggs & potatoes fried in olive oils with Spanish Pata Negra Bellota ham

My appetizer: Pupunha - Hearts of palm baked in the wood burning oven with rocket salad and creme fraiche

MAN Flyer's main course: Beef fillet "Stonemason Style" flattened and marinated in rosemary olive oil

My main course: Brangus strip steak with baked potato and crispy bacon

A serious knife for the steaks
      Last edited by StarG; 30 March 2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

A Figueira Rubaiyat continued...

An elaborate dessert buffet

Some local shots to wash down lunch

A visit to Brazil won't be complete without a Caipirinha - this one's at Fasano Lobby Bar
        Last edited by StarG; 31 March 2011, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
          If I were to comment the TR in local language, it would be...

"Visualmente magnífico, e insanamente documentação viagem orgásmica invejável.

Só não consigo ter o suficiente ... só não pode obter o suficiente ... só não pode obter o suficiente ..."

Was wondering about the water canon salute at El Prat. I mean that is not SQ's inaugural flight into the airport.

Por quê?
          Obrigado muito.

The El Prat water cannon salute was perhaps due to the fact that it is the first SQ 68 to arrive Barcelona, with the first continuing flight to Sao Paulo. Not just a regular SQ 378.

Comment

Apparently Hyundai's cost as much as audi/BMW/mercedes in Brazil, and are viewed in a similar light. I know that's certainly not the case here in Australia!

Comment

Greetings from the TAM Flounge at GRU. What a quirky little place this is!.

I have promised Sir StarG that I will write up a brief summary of the trip, but that may take a day or so as I have got a lot to do as soon as I get back. I am not sure where I'll begin as so much seems to have happened since I left MAN last Thursday. It won't involve pictures as mine are just inferior versions of the ones already posted, with the exception of a few of the crew on SIN-BCN, but I think I will have to clear those with them before I post them.

Thanks for lunch, and enjoy the rest of your birthday Sir.

BTW - Despite thinking he was stalking me, I did not see the Singapore Ambassador again after I left the restaurant. .

Comment

Outstanding TR, boys! Many thanks!!
                HUGE AL

Comment

im envious! beautiful TR!

Comment

D.O.M. by Alex Atala

Exterior

Interior

Breads

Butter

Garlic cream with mashed potato (left), sour cream with olive oil and herbs (right)

Red for the day

Bitter whipped cream with cold squids, wakame seaweed with oil drops of priprioca (roots from Amazonia)

Heart of palm with sea scallops with coral sauce (orange) and basil sauce (green)
                    Last edited by StarG; 31 March 2011, 02:50 AM.

Comment

D.O.M. by Alex Atala (continued)

Oyster embedded in a frioche fla with tapioca and salmon roe

Lightly roasted bread rice with green vegetables and Brazilian nut milk

Shimeji, shitake and parish mushrooms in clear soup with flowers, Brazilian herbs

Stingray and brocolli with peanuts foam

Heart of palm fettucini with carbonara sauce

Wild boar with roti sauce, canjiquinha & reduced port wine

Aligot - mashed potato with gruyiere cheese & minas cheese

First dessert: Lime ravioli served with creme patissiere & banana ouro priprioca

Second dessert: Brazilian nut tart with Jack Daniel and chocolate, pepper, salt, and wild arugula & curry

Comment

What amazing dishes! Simply fantastic presentation.

Comment

They REALLY enjoy those streaks on the plates!
                          HUGE AL

Comment

I wonder if the food tastes as good as it looks

Comment

Lovely pics of hotel & food.

The neighbourhood certainly isn't what I imagine GRU to be like. Beautiful.

Thanks again for sharing

Comment

The food at Rubaiyat is very good; although I went to the Alameda Santos branch. Look forward to going there again.

Comment

Working...
                                X