LD #7 a.k.a. The 2010 SQTalk BBQ: SIN, 14 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
    (It's a matter of trying to "sneak out" during a business trip.)
    You have a family (SQTalk) matter to "attend" to

Comment

• Thanks for the advice/suggestions.

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
      Hope you can make it. Just fake a tummy ache or something.
      I'm afraid I've never been good at telling a lie; I feel and therefore look too guilty.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      You have a family (SQTalk) matter to "attend" to
      People will know that I don't have any family in Singapore. It would be more plausible to mention locals that I've met on previous trips, but then some will be curious about whether it's anyone that they know also.

Comment

• Update 3 on SQTalk BBQ

Dear SQTalkers,

At the moment I am catering for about 16 adults. Have no problem adding some more members and related parties.

Will also organize some juices, paper plates, cups etc for the function.

Bee Hoon or Mee Siam plus Satay (from a kind sponsor) will be provided.

kyo has graciously agreed to helped out on the alcoholic drinks that I am not adept at.

UMD hopefully you can persuade the Mrs to join in.

As for location, please hit on the link: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...ndish-park-238
        The function room is located next to the pool and BBQ Pit. BBQ fire starts at 1700 hrs so that food will be partially ready by 6 pm. Concept Infiniti has volunteered to help with the grilling.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionCity View Post
          Dear SQTalkers,

At the moment I am catering for about 16 adults. Have no problem adding some more members and related parties.

Will also organize some juices, paper plates, cups etc for the function.

Bee Hoon or Mee Siam plus Satay (from a kind sponsor) will be provided.

kyo has graciously agreed to helped out on the alcoholic drinks that I am not adept at.

UMD hopefully you can persuade the Mrs to join in.

As for location, please hit on the link: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...ndish-park-238
          The function room is located next to the pool and BBQ Pit. BBQ fire starts at 1700 hrs so that food will be partially ready by 6 pm. Concept Infiniti has volunteered to help with the grilling.
          I thought of getting some breads- think they'd go well with you'd be preapring?

I'd be glad to chip in on the food and drinks. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to suggest

Comment

• Update 4 on SQTalk BBQ

Dear Friends,

The final menu:

1. Fried Vermicelli (or Bee Hoon). Will do my special mee siam for the next function unless there is special request.

2. Special Imported Indonesian Sweet Potato.

3. BBQ Items:

a. Honey Pork Ribs.
            b. Mid-joint Chicken Wing.
            c. Large sea prawn.
            d. Black Pepper Lamb Chop.
            e. Black Pepper Beef Striploin
            f. Chicken Steak - Two Flavours i.e. Hawaiian and Honey
            g. Jumbo Chicken Cheese Sausage.
            h. Otah (Spicy fish paste)
            i. Satay
            j. Sambal prawn (deshelled)

4. Special Cheese Cake by award winning Master Chef. He will also be there after 8 pm. (Btw he cooks very well with excellent beef rendang and dry laksa).

Drinks:

1. Mineral Water
            2. Peel Fresh Fruit Juice.
            3. Wine
            4. Beer

5. Fruits - So far no durian. (jjpb3 is ok with it except eating it...so we must have respect for our foundering father).

Guests:

1. Kapitan/Milehighj - Looking forward to your presence. Hope you could make it.

2. Please check link on my posting to familiarize with location. For those not very familiar with location, please PM me.

3. Will send PM on mobile number.

4. Timing:

a. I will be there with Benlee by 5 pm to start the fire and start some food on the table.

b. You can come anytime after 5 pm and after 6 pm is also ok.

c. Most important is that everyone enjoy themselves.

5. If anyone feels that something needs to be added, please by all means suggest. If anyone else wants to come, please let me know.
            Last edited by LionCity; 9 August 2010, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Will confirm on Wednesday when I am back in office, thanks....
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Update 4

Dear Friends,

Just to let you know that the menu as per my post of 9 August 2010 has been finalized.

There a total of 20 Adults and about half a dozen kids.

Please do give your best support to make the evening a good one.

Let us know if there is any last minute guests. For the 3 overseas guests, we appreciate you taking time and spending money to come to give your support. For those who can't make, there is always another LD to join in.

Thank You.

Comment

• Hello lion city, I can confirm that I will be there.... Need any contribution from me?

Comment

• 2 things:

1) The final location is nearer to Clementi (not Bradell)

2) We are honoured and pleased to re-confirm the following celebrities who will be in attendance this Saturday evening, a warm round of applause please for:

StarG
                    kapitan
                    9V-SIA
                    milehighj (will stop by, might not stay long)

Thanks for clearing out your busy schedules for this event.

Furthermore, if anyone would like to join me and Dent@SUB for a pre-party mid-afternoon tea session (I promise it will be somewhere nice and interesting), please register your interest for that also.

The guest list is now finalised (in terms of catering) - any changes, or last minute updates - please leave a message in this thread. Otherwise, SEE YOU ALL THERE!
                    Last edited by Kyo; 12 August 2010, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post

2) We are honoured and pleased to re-confirm the following celebrities who will be in attendance this Saturday evening, a warm round of applause please for:

StarG
                      kapitan
                      9V-SIA

Yay...!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        2 things:

1) The final location is nearer to Clementi (not Bradell)

StarG
                        kapitan
                        9V-SIA

Furthermore, if anyone would like to join me and Dent@SUB for a pre-party mid-afternoon tea session (I promise it will be somewhere nice and interesting), please register your interest for that also.

The guest list is now finalised (in terms of catering) - any changes, or last minute updates - please leave a message in this thread. Otherwise, SEE YOU ALL THERE!
                        errr.... whY is my nick in the list above?

Comment

• I can remove it if you want

Comment

• I am looking very iffy for this at the moment. I may have to organise SQTalk Yangon DO #2 this weekend instead....

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                              I am looking very iffy for this at the moment. I may have to organise SQTalk Yangon DO #2 this weekend instead....
                              Hi SJJ,

Sorry to hear your situation is a bit iffy. Do let us know the situation either via kyo or myself.

There is always a next round same time next year if the situation developed that you have to go on that trip.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                                Hi SJJ,

Sorry to hear your situation is a bit iffy. Do let us know the situation either via kyo or myself.

There is always a next round same time next year if the situation developed that you have to go on that trip.

Cheers
                                I will be able to make it! Woohoo! But you guys have dinner really early. I have another thing in the afternoon and should be there around 8.
                                Would you need me to bring anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X