No announcement yet.

LD #7 a.k.a. The 2010 SQTalk BBQ: SIN, 14 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like an awesome Do. Well done, makan master LionCity and the other grillers.

Now please post more pics ...
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
      NO MORE PICS!

It's making me awfully hungry! (not good for the tyre that calls my stomach home @ 0230hrs )

No, keep them coming
      I realized you are in Singapore and you should joined us. But you join next year's SQTalk BBQ. Anyway, we do have some leftovers in the Lion's den and if you feel liked coming for a meal, please do come over for the post SQTalk BBQ lunch event.

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      Sounds like an awesome Do. Well done, makan master LionCity and the other grillers.

Now please post more pics ...
      Sorry Folks, I was not the cameraman...too busy feeding the "hungry" or "not so hungry hordes of sqtalkers" I am sure some of our friends will add a couple of pics.
      Last edited by LionCity; 15 August 2010, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• Part 2 of Story

It was fortunate that the heaven did not open up completely despite the very dark clouds threatening to do so. It has been raining very regularly during the drier months. No thanks to global warming and I am sure our little fires have further contributed to global warming.

The grilling continued and we served prawns from the grill. With additional help from the microwave upstairs, we served sambal prawns and the smaller sausages. The honey ribs took a longer time (3 kg of the stuff) but eventually done.

Anyway, our Surbaya based friend brought in some fantastic "keropok" (crackers) of multitude favours. I liked the prawn flavoured ones. Thanks Dent@SUB. Some of us will be enjoying some more at home on a second "keropok" round. . Did someone took a shot of the keropok?

End of boring Part 2...to be continued in Part 3

Comment

• The cookers

Over the fire
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• It was great meeting all of you last night!
            Sincerest apologies for leaving so early which inconvenienced ya'll to cut the cake earlier :S
            the other half was constantly bugging me to go home and accompany her ... :@ *she didn't want to attend*

Comment

• Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
              It was great meeting all of you last night!
              Sincerest apologies for leaving so early which inconvenienced ya'll to cut the cake earlier :S
              the other half was constantly bugging me to go home and accompany her ... :@ *she didn't want to attend*
              Thanks soarbeyond and Benlee for being great help at the BBQ. Could not do without the two of you.

Comment

• LionCity,

Alas, I was not in SIN over the "LD#7 now commonly referred to as the DO" period, having just returned to SYD from BKK on Wednesday morning.

I'll be up for a "F1 LD#8 to be later commonly referred to as DO#2" in September if anyone is thinking of organising

Comment

• It was great to meet some new faces and catch up with the familiar faces again yesterday. :d
                  Thanks to our kind host LionCity and expert grillers soarbeyond & benlee, and everyone else who made it a nice get together.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    It was great to meet some new faces and catch up with the familiar faces again yesterday. :d
                    Thanks to our kind host LionCity and expert grillers soarbeyond & benlee, and everyone else who made it a nice get together.
                    I personally enjoyed the company. Also thanking those for contributions from drinks to crockery to other food.

We will try to do something next anniversary for SQTalk BBQ. Probably will get a BBQ Chef so that every can enjoy the event at a more consistent level of service.

Comment

• Part 3 of Story

We got two bottles of Chilled Champagne from a long time member of SQTalk. One bottle was duly finished off with the other bottle pending to be opened at the next event.

Some bottles of red wine was brought in for the event. Not sure how many bottles were finished.

Towards the last third of the evening, two cheese cakes were taken out and it was a best selling item among the guests. My family and I are savouring the remainders of the cheese cake. Thanks Benlee for your kind contributions on the cheese cake side.

9V-SIA has contributed for half the cost of the BBQ Food. Thanks 9V-SIA!

One of the cheese cake was written with the words SQTalk LD7 evening or something liked that. Could someone post a picture of the cake?

We have had two mysterious guests coming in and we were certainly glad they came. Hope both gents know who you are.

Happy that some families are there too.

Next year we will do a better job on a more seamless event. Yours truly is already noting what went right and what could be improved. May tomorrow be a better day.
                      Last edited by LionCity; 15 August 2010, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Here is a teaser image - as you can see, my Photoshop skills have improved marginally since the last LD#6, and I have discovered the wonders of 'pixelate'...

In this photo, we can identify concept|infinit and SuperJonJon

A mystery guest is on the left and him-who-should-not-be-identified are pixelated. And I wonder who that mysterious guy who turned away just in time from the camera is?

I don't know what SJJ is doing... perhaps preserving the modesty of our pixelated friend in the middle?

As such, I'll do the rest after dinner

Somehow I don't have a picture of the cheesecakes but I do know our friend Dent@SUB should have a really good shot... that was a good cheesecake, yumm.....

Comment

• a big thank you to LionCity for pulling this together, benlee and soarbeyond for the firepower which brought the food was really glad to be there, to place people to the handles thus far. we prob wld have enjoyed ourselves more if we cld stay longer, alas the kids needed to sleep. until the next time

Comment

• Woah i think i am abit over-rated here!
                            Expert Griller? LOL
                            I liked the Fire power part though

Comment

• That's unfortunately all I have
                              Last edited by Kyo; 15 August 2010, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• looks like a great turnout. glad to see everyone had a wonderful time. i can attest- LionCity is quite the host!

Comment

Working...
                                X