No announcement yet.

LD #7 a.k.a. The 2010 SQTalk BBQ: SIN, 14 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location has been finalised. Bbq pit has been finalised. Trying to do same for function room so will
    be even more friendly
    friendly for those with young families. It will off Ulu Pandan.
    Hopefully, we can get a couple more participants both local and overseas. So far about 6 to 7
    Sqtalkers and 2 families coming. Will need to close the the food quantity on the 11th of Aug.

Comment

Has it been decided it'll be August 14th? I'm in Singapore a week later, and would love to meet you guys/gals

Comment

Yes, it's 14th of August.

By tonight or tomorrow (might be busy tonight) I'll have the full first post updated with all the relevant details...

Everyone wants to be a special guest nowadays...

Let's not even mention Special Mystery Guests...

Comment

What a shame.. Maybe next time

Comment

Is the guest list still open? I am in town August 14...

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
              What a shame.. Maybe next time
              Sorry to hear you can't make it.

The latest update is as follows:

6 confirmed plus one maybe. Two families.

The function room is confirmed so that it will be comfortable for folks with young ones and away from the mozzies.

Once number has been confirmed, will order the food for the bbq. We have some sponsorship for the food.

Normally, I not so good with drinks will someone help to get the drinks? kyo+ or anyone open to it?

If anyone is interested in coming pls either post it on this thread or drop me a PM!
              Last edited by LionCity; 24 July 2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                Is the guest list still open? I am in town August 14...
                Have PM you with the details.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                  We have some sponsorship for the food.

Normally, I not so good with drinks will someone help to get the drinks? kyo+ or anyone open to it?
                  LionCity, have you been busy canvassing for sponsorship? Is SQ one of the sponsors?

Comment

First post updated asf:

For one night only, that intrepid traveller ,Dent@SUB, will be gracing the shores of sunny Singapore. Here is your chance to print out his Trip Reports and get his exclusive autograph. Not to mention SQflyergirl's chance to collect royalties from everybody *ahem*! Naturally, we have pulled out all the stops for our special guest and it will be a night of festivities and BBQ!

Time: Mid-August - 14/08/2010 (14th of August, Saturday night).

Venue(s): Someone's condominium in Braddell, more info to be revealed later

Who's confirmed?

Kyo
                    LionCity
                    Dent@SUB
                    CCS

Who's in charge of the 'makan' (food)?

LionCity

Likely to attend:

Try for the next one:
                    And thus, the first-ever SQTalk LD cum BBQ event has officially kicked off!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      First post updated asf:

And thus, the first-ever SQTalk LD cum BBQ event has officially kicked off!
                      There are MSPEconomist and SMK77. In case, I make a mistake with your attendance...do forgive and advise. Plus 2 mystery guests.

In addition, milehighj and kapitan posted on this thread....are you gentlemen/ladies coming? (as this website is not gender specified, I cannot indicate your gender for political correctness).

Drinks: kyo+ (Tentative until he agreed or disagreed)

Location: Cavendish Park Condo near Ulu Pandan. At function room.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                        LionCity, have you been busy canvassing for sponsorship? Is SQ one of the sponsors?
                        Don't you know I am a CCS (aka Cheap Charlie Singaporean)! (Sorry, no insult meant to everyone with these initials and it is only applicable to myself. In better words: Caring, Clever and Sophisticated. )

Ai yoh, Pha-lee-Sy. I expected something better from you.
                        Sorry no German sausage so far but will request SMK77 to get some from Germany.

Comment

Ai yoh, Pha-lee-Sy. I expected something better from you.
                          You are nice, LionCity. I would never give you the pha-lee-sy treatment!

Comment

There are MSPEconomist and SMK77. In case, I make a mistake with your attendance...do forgive and advise. Plus 2 mystery guests.

In addition, milehighj and kapitan posted on this thread....are you gentlemen/ladies coming? (as this website is not gender specified, I cannot indicate your gender for political correctness).

Drinks: kyo+ (Tentative until he agreed or disagreed)

Location: Cavendish Park Condo near Ulu Pandan. At function room.
                            Sir/madame, August 14th is still too far away to know, wait until about 5 days from the date and I will confirm, thanks....
                            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I will bring a drink or two, but of what variety?

Comment

Can't make it this time as I will be in Wales for a wedding on the same day... You guys have fun!
                                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Working...
                                X