We love the Swiss DO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    I'm thinking Le Dezaley for lunch, Geeren for dinner?
    Kyo, have you booked and if so, what times ?

Comment

Do we need to book these places?

I thought we'd just rock up when we're hungry...

Comment

Do we need to book these places?

I thought we'd just rock up when we're hungry...
        It's up to you but the dinner place is out of town, possibly small and it will be Saturday evening.

Comment

Shoot me a rough time, and I'll try to book us a table for 3 on Sat evening... I think lunch we just wing it...

Comment

Shoot me a rough time, and I'll try to book us a table for 3 on Sat evening... I think lunch we just wing it...
            The website says:

Mittwoch-Samstag
            10.30 - 23.00 Uhr
            (Küche bis 21.30 Uhr)
            which I read to be Wednesday to Saturday until 11pm (with the kitchen open till 9:30pm). I suggest we turn up around 7pm ?

Comment

7pm @ Geeren on the 20th, reservation under my name - Done (the lady that answered sounded quite amused, maybe they don't get many Asian-sounding people making reservations a week in advance)

Comment

7pm @ Geeren on the 20th, reservation under my name - Done (the lady that answered sounded quite amused, maybe they don't get many Asian-sounding people making reservations a week in advance)
                Kyo, I really hope your flight to MUC will go well.. Just flew LH from MUC to SIN yesterday and it was hell (flight was from KRS-AMS-MUC-SIN). Due to the terrible weather, flights were delayed and my AMS-MUC trip, which was suppose to take an hour ended up for 2.5 hours, excluding the additional 30 we spent taxiing around waiting for a parking spot and bus to bring us to the terminal...

What was suppose to be a 7 hour layover in MUC visiting friends and getting some food and beer in me, turned out to be a hell of a run-around trying rebook cancelled flights, queuing up for BPs (2 hours in a *A Gold counter) and wating 3 hours (seated in the flight) for de-icing service. First time I ever had the meal service while still at the gate!!

So after 31 hours, I am finally home... Needless to say, I did go out late last night for a couple of stiff drinks!
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Most interesting to hear that - well, considering MUC is a 2-day layover for me, and my flight departs 1pm in the afternoon, hopefully slightly warmer temperatures will prevail when I head on to BCN. Thanks for the tips, though - will make sure to keep re-checking through the hotel concierge/Internet prior to going to the airport. Don't think MUC's LH J lounges are anything worth getting excited about, anyway.

Comment

Most interesting to hear that - well, considering MUC is a 2-day layover for me, and my flight departs 1pm in the afternoon, hopefully slightly warmer temperatures will prevail when I head on to BCN. Thanks for the tips, though - will make sure to keep re-checking through the hotel concierge/Internet prior to going to the airport. Don't think MUC's LH J lounges are anything worth getting excited about, anyway.
                    Did not have time to try it out and further there was a queue to get in.
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                      Kyo, I really hope your flight to MUC will go well.. Just flew LH from MUC to SIN yesterday and it was hell (flight was from KRS-AMS-MUC-SIN). Due to the terrible weather, flights were delayed and my AMS-MUC trip, which was suppose to take an hour ended up for 2.5 hours, excluding the additional 30 we spent taxiing around waiting for a parking spot and bus to bring us to the terminal...

What was suppose to be a 7 hour layover in MUC visiting friends and getting some food and beer in me, turned out to be a hell of a run-around trying rebook cancelled flights, queuing up for BPs (2 hours in a *A Gold counter) and wating 3 hours (seated in the flight) for de-icing service. First time I ever had the meal service while still at the gate!!

So after 31 hours, I am finally home... Needless to say, I did go out late last night for a couple of stiff drinks!
                      When I came from KRS, I did KRS-CPH-SIN, no hassle even though it was snowing like hell that night... ok I stayed overnight at Malmoe...

hey, we should have a CNY Do before u head back to KRS.....
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Well can do a DO (or rather, a meet up) as I'll be in SIN for about two weeks.

The thing is that MUC was not geared up to handle the snow (i.e. clean it's runways, carry out de-icing, etc.). The Scandinavian airports, on the other hand, seem to be pretty good at this...

Comment

• As of today, Zurich showing low of -2 deg and +3 deg (high) on Saturday. Sunday will have a high of 5 deg... brrr....

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                            We should pay a visit to Confiserie Sprüngli (it's like the Demel of Zurich; no relation to Lindt & Sprüngli) to buy some of their famous Luxemburgerli.

Unfortunately, the Luxemburgerli only last for a few days and must be refrigerated so for brownie points, I'm not sure whether they'd survive your itinerary, Kyo!
                            jhm, more and more research leads me to conclude that this should be Stop #1 (before 4pm on Saturday, let's aim to go there by 1-2pm latest?) on the itinerary. The Luxemburgerli is calling to me from here!

I have only one question - are we going to the Paradeplatz one, or the Bahnhofstrasse one? I can't quite tell the difference apart!

As of right now, Google showing Saturday a low of -1 deg and +2 high

I take it we are going to (from their website): "Confiserie Sprüngli is one of Switzerland's most important confectionery producers. As well as its original location on Paradeplatz it operates a further 17 sales outlets in and around Zurich, two of which are in the towns of Zug and Basle."

Can we leave you in charge in taking us there? Any tours?

Update update - I've found a good place for lunch opposite the Confiserie, apparently:

From here: http://www.zeughauskeller.ch/
                            Last edited by Kyo; 17 February 2010, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Kyo, Sprüngli sounds good to me! My flight arrives at 11:45 (assuming BA are not late...) so we should be able to get there by 1-2pm but I wouldn't like to guarantee it. I think you arrive around 11am so perhaps you might want to check-in to your hotel first (if it is connected to the airport ?) ?

IIRC, it's not far from Paradeplatz to Bahnhofstrasse - it's walkable or at most only a few tram stops.

We'll have to see how we're doing with time after Sprüngli, i.e. whether the place you've found for lunch is still open. We can also grab something on the go as required.

Comment

• I just looked and my i/b is full in both Y (where I'm sitting) and J. I wonder what are my chances of being bumped ? IB did this to me once and they paid the required EUR 250 comp straightaway in cash (plus overnight accommodation of course). However, I don't think BA will be so proactive...

Comment

Working...
                                X