SIN Auld Lang Syne Do? -- 30 December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by upright man View Post
    Yes, accompanying someone to London. Will be leaving LHR for SIN on 30th Dec night.
    Sorry again for missing this DO, everyone, it would have been my sixth SQTalk DO this year, I think !
    Sorry mrs nickbot and I won't be in the UK to see you upright man as we'll be in Austria Next time perhaps

Comment

• Austria must be beautiful this time of year - enjoy !
      So I'll be in the UK when all the UK SQTalkers are somewhere else!
      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

• Originally posted by upright man View Post
        So I'll be in the UK when all the UK SQTalkers are somewhere else!
        This UK SQTalker is around!

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
        What exams are you mugging for? Hey, at least your Vietnam trip is coming...
        Part 3 of Manual of a Geisha. 18 papers in all to be taken over 6 yrs. Very hard work.

Comment

• Greetings from LH Sen Lounge in FRA.
          Inching ever closer to SIN via ICN.

Ahh, it's good to go for a DO.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            AFTERNOON DRINKS?

Ceri
            CGK
            demue
            jhm
            MAN Flyer

As we are getting close, any suggestions as to where we should meet for a drink ?.

We are staying at Le Meridien. I don't like the place but it's just dropped from 390 SGD to 210 SGD overnight and with the current Le Meridien free nights offer - and as it's only a 'day room' anyway - it's a no brainer.

We will be heading back to Changi at about 4pm-ish.

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
              This UK SQTalker is around!

Hi phaleesy - we should meet up for another London DO next time then. (For this trip I have a colleague coming along, and we have some plans).
              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

• Greetings from Land of the Anxious Dog

Hello from Westin Chosun in Seoul. This hotel is fab with very nice room, complimentary use of PC in room and a full service club lounges! What an amazing breakfast spread.

Got a DMZ tour later today before making my way to SIN very early tomorrow.

I will have to come back here again. So much to see and do.
                Last edited by SQFAN; 29 December 2007, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Hello from ICN SKL J.
                  Will soon be in SIN.

psst..where's everybody?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                    Hello from ICN SKL J.
                    Will soon be in SIN.

psst..where's everybody?
                    Try the IC...

There was a few in the St Regis this afternoon, except the one who was actually staying there but missed his flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      There was a few in the St Regis this afternoon, except the one who was actually staying there but missed his flight.
                      I knew it was going to be difficult last night after getting through two bottles of sake for dinner when we then started on triple whiskys in some LKF club...

I remember eventually getting back to my hotel but the next thing I remember is waking up fully clothed on my bed with all the lights still on at 7:30am and it was 30 minutes to my flight!

Finally I'm now checked in the St Regis (but no suite this time) and back in HKG tomorrow evening for a few drinks to see in the New Year!

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        I knew it was going to be difficult last night after getting through two bottles of sake for dinner when we then started on triple whiskys in some LKF club...
                        Well, said hungover attendee wasn't the only missing one; CGK sent a doppelgaenger as his emissary.

We also had two unexpected gate-crashers. I'll leave others to post the evidence, as I don't have the connector to my camera. It started with me getting a mysterious phone call as I dropped off my luggage at Changi's Left Luggage facility ...
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Laurent and Bertrand

In my first DO, I was introduced to Laurent and Bertrand, who flew in especially for this event from Paris. (We kept telling them how they resembled two very famous and loveable bears on SQTalk, who are currently Down Under.)

At St Regis, Bertrand and Laurent shyly showed their Solitaire card.

And, they love the Christmas gift - the cute snoring bear... who made MANFlyer, Ceri, and sailway, as well as J777 smiled for the overwhelming experience at St. Regis.

Last edited by SQ LPP; 31 December 2007, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• After introducing myself to J777, we heard the news that jhm would not be able to show us his suite at St Regis. We ended up having hainan chicken rice and char kway teow at the restaurant.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                              We kept telling them how they resembled two very famous and loveable bears on SQTalk, who are currently Down Under.

Dear Uncle SQ LPP, we can't see the resemblance. Are you sure?

Comment

• I think Laurent and Bertrand seem to be a better bred and eat at fine-dining restaurant......Have immaculately pressed shirts...

Comment

Working...
                                X