I declined an upgrade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
    This thread by KeithMEL reminds me a dilemma which I faced recently.

Making a J booking to fly to PVG and BKK earlier this week, my mother says "I was also thinking of flying Shanghai that period" (for her own reasons). So ends up we'll be on the same flight.

However, she persistently refuses to fly J and insists to be in Y (and naturally benefit the difference in $$$ for ...shopping!). This is fine for me, but it does not sound well to be on the same flight and travel separately (in essence).

What would you do?
    Perhaps you could upgrade your mother to J with your miles, then you can be seated together. Or if she refuses the offer, then I'd probably go Y, if it does not mess up the overall booking.
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

It's on QR (sadly not on my beloved SQ), I don't have many miles there (yet) ['Burgundy' level at the moment].

The itinerary won't be messed up, I'll continue alone to BKK on MU, then back to base on QR, but I just hate flying Y long haul...

Anyway, we'll see.

Comment

Yeah, SQfg I'd have offered the upgrade to him too. It depends on what he's like but I reckon he'd probably thank you but decline it but the net effect would be you get the upgrade and some extra points

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          I'd have given your boss the seat. Just do a switcheroo

Many juju points to be had there

edit: i did actually once fly KUL-BKK TG in J when my boss was in Y. No upgrade - it was paid as such and he approved it. Reason was I was going on to Switzerland and he was only going on a personal trip to BKK.

I felt bad and offered him my seat - his response:

"The company is paying for you to be fresh and in good shape when you get to Lausanne. I'm going to BKK to get my teeth fixed. You sit right there........"

Wow. You are very lucky to have such an understanding boss ! His comments truly shows how he respects his employees and in acknowledging that you should be treated well because you should be rested...

I hope you bought him a nice present when you returned from Switzerland!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
            I hope you bought him a nice present when you returned from Switzerland!
            He got his favourite choccies !

Comment

Just got another upgrade to Club! Thanks BA!! Accepted it this time too. (Boss is off to SFO)
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                Just got another upgrade to Club! Thanks BA!! Accepted it this time too. (Boss is off to SFO)
                Is company policy Y only for all flights ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  Is company policy Y only for all flights ?.
                  whY+ to SIN and similar, J to the US. He's booked on separate tix after having found a cheap J fare out of SIN, which suits just fine as he's stopping in SIN both ways.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                  X