US laptop searches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    Don't forget that deleting your files does not mean that the US immigration, customs, FBI, CIA and other entities too secret to mention can't recover them.
    Yeah but if they'd check every hard/flashdrive US would process about 15 pax per year
    They only do deep checks if they believe you are hiding something worth the effort (and if they start doing these checks you're likely screwed either way because with enough time on your hands you can break almost any encription...)
    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
      chan talking?
      aye sir! i do it just a little but still... =)
      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by flo View Post
        okay, gotta clear my "random picture" folder for any sensible material one could acquire on random visits to sites also famous for depicting lolcats, caturdays and the like

i will just buy a 16gig sd card in singapore and put all my stuff on there, encrypted. easy.

another thing about firing up the cell and making a call: they do know this actually costs money, do they? in my case, roaming isn't all too cheap :/
        Ewwwwwwwww lol And on that note, I'm going to go play a nice game of "dodge the 16 wheel tractor trailer on Autoroute-20"

In regards to the 16GB SDHC card, not really necessary, however if you will feel more at ease doing so, then go nuts

The cell phone thing, don't worry about that, although I agree with you being prepared is better than being caught off guard, I suggest for that one go with whatever happens. The chances of them wanting you to make a call (or showing that communication is possible on your device) is slim. When in doubt don't have it in your pocket leave it in your carryon bag (so that it goes through the X-Ray machine inside the bag as opposed outside in the bin)
        I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

Ok, so actually I wasn't searched at all ... lucky me, worrying all about nothing
          Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by flo View Post
            Ok, so actually I wasn't searched at all ... lucky me, worrying all about nothing
            Perhaps because you were so trashed from the F libations!
            HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
            X