No announcement yet.

Favorite aircraft to fly in and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IL-76 in Angolan TAM config...sitting in the navigator section beneath the cockpit. and being winched up to an S76 on a winch training exercise. thankfully i didn't get tea-bagged.
    /Desert Traveller

Comment

747 any day. I have flown in the front, middle, back, top... feel the most comfortable and stress-free (no matter the turbulence or weather) on this plane. I have felt nervous on 777 actually.

The Airbus are a different beast... just the engine sound like like a *whirr* that give you the creeps. The A340-600 (longest commercial plane... longer than the 747) is a nice aircraft. I have flown this on Lufthansa from LAX-MUC and it is quite nice.

Comment

Definately the 747
        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Gimme time to decide this........

This is taking longer than I thought.
          Last edited by s7r0ng3r; 15 February 2009, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Concorde for sure mate. I'd feel so special just sitting up there, watching the curvature of the Earth, while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey

Last edited by s7r0ng3r; 25 February 2009, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Mine would definitely be the Embraer 145

It's definitely closest to a private jet (besides the BBJ) I've got the chance to fly on.

Comment

Upper Deck of the 747 is pretty awesome, but my fave would have to be the Cessna 150, such a stable aircraft despite it's size, and so much fun to fly!

Comment

nothing beats the true front end of the 744s

Comment

744. It's big enough to give you some space to walk around or stretch on flights without running into crew or other pax every 5 seconds. Especially by the last door.

Comment

The 744, as I mentioned earlier is my choice, and with SQ colors, it is a bonus. But for some reason, I've been pining for my second fave plane, the 743. Maybe because that plane will be withdrawn by all airlines soon, and I've only been on it twice: once on the Big Top, and once on a Qantas 743. I guess Saudi Arabian airlines and JAL are the only airlines I can think of that still uses it actively on commercial flights. Others are BCFs or are grounded, and not in active service.

I may even try the Saudi 747-100, since I don't think I've ever been on that plane. And maybe even the 747SP of Iran Air or Syrian Air, as that is another plane I've never been on.

Comment

Has anybody tried the Ilyushin 96-300?

I love this model very much, can anyone tell me more experience about it?

Comment

I like the 777-300, quite, stable, safe, wide....

Comment

Originally posted by flyKL View Post
                            I like the 777-300, quite, stable, safe, wide....
                            You mean 777-300ER (77W), right?
                            I'm not a big fan of 773s as their seats are the worst seat in SQ's fleet.

Comment

777's quiet? ever been on an airbus?
                              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                                Ever been on an airbus?
                                I concur, Airbus aircraft (especially the longer range A34os and A380s!) are amazingly quiet!

Comment

Working...
                                X