Favorite aircraft to fly in and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite aircraft to fly in and why?

Not most beautiful aircraft out there but to fly in.

I love the ANA Boeing 767 plying SIN-NRT

For me, it has to be a twin aisled airplane that is not claustrophobic.

So the design of the overhead luggage bins is important.

On this score, Boeing ( 777 ) beats Airbus ( A340 ) hands down with their design.

IIRC the A380 the bins are more Boeing-like, at least on the upper deck.

I like the intimacy of the plane for quick boarding, disembarking and luggage collection.

And it has the best cabin configuration of any twin aisle.

2-1-2 in J ( love the middle row! No complaints here about aisle access )

2-3-2 in Y ( traveling in groups of 2,3,4,5 etc you can always get a combination to sit together )

The only downside to your first flight on this aircraft is the engines that feel like they are in trouble during the initial stages of the flight.

The engine pitch varies a lot ...from a high pitched scream to silence

Long haul choices:

Any SQ bird that has the 'new' J seat (the intimacy of the mini cabin at the front is always a plus, e.g. B777-300ER).

SQ 777-200ER because of the 2-2-2 J config and the Spacebed.

Y is always Y, best case is if seat next to you happens to be empty (but still no sleep for me).

Comment

I like to fly on the 747-400 regardless of which airlines. I feel that the aircraft is more stable when in the air, especially when going through turbulence.
      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
        I like to fly on the 747-400 regardless of which airlines. I feel that the aircraft is more stable when in the air, especially when going through turbulence.
        I think 77Ws are more stable through turbulence.
        But I love 744 UD too.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
          Long haul choices:

Any SQ bird that has the 'new' J seat (the intimacy of the mini cabin at the front is always a plus, e.g. B777-300ER).

Y is always Y, best case is if seat next to you happens to be empty (but still no sleep for me).
          I used to be able to sleep in Y during my student days.

Now I suspect it's my age or the seats are getting less comfortable.

Anyone here remember 747s with 3-4-2 seating in Y?

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
          I don't like turbulence either and I always ask for a seat over the wings. Never at the back.

Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
          I think 77Ws are more stable through turbulence.
          But I love 744 UD too.
          SQ lurkers, can you please go out and buy a couple of 748s.

A lot of us will miss the 744s in SQ colours

That A380 is one ugly ....( just look at the results of the beauty pageant )

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
            I used to be able to sleep in Y during my student days.

Now I suspect it's my age or the seats are getting less comfortable.

Anyone here remember 747s with 3-4-2 seating in Y?
            Trust me, it can't be because of your age
            I'm 20 and I could never sleep in Y. The only time I actually slept in Y was when I could lie on 3 empty seats in a row on SQ 744. That was when I was little though like 14 years old.

I really agree that 2-3-2 config on 767 Y is superb. It beats every other configurations.

Comment

Of all the planes I've flown on it's definitely the Queen of the skies!

Why? You just can't ignore its beauty and style
              This goes for all versions I've flown on except for the 747sp!

The only planes that could probably have reached up to this bird would have been the Concorde and the TU144 but I've never had a chance to fly these so I can't comment
              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Once I'm in the plane then I think that it is the seat and service which makes the most difference.

However I do think the overhead bins on the 777 hold a lot more than other aircraft. I also prefer the 2-4-2 seating in economy to 3-4-3 or 3-3-3 or the dreaded 2-5-2

Comment

As long as the seats are comfortable, layout comfortable, cabin atmosphere isn't cramped, and the interior is clean, that's all I care about.
                  My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

My favourite model is the Brazillian Embraer's E170!!

Although the size of this aircraft is very tiny, however the cabin inside is very spacious and comfortable, it seems like you are flying on a private jet!!! Ha Ha!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dynasty View Post
                      My favourite model is the Brazillian Embraer's E170!!

Although the size of this aircraft is very tiny, however the cabin inside is very spacious and comfortable, it seems like you are flying on a private jet!!! Ha Ha!!!
                      This plane is ok for flights up to an hour or so, however I would not want to take it on any longer journeys.

Personal fav is the 747-400 and on shorthaul the Airbus 319.

Comment

747 HANDS DOWN. Number 1
                        777 Number 2

Not a big fan of airbus. Maybe when i try the a380 we shall see but for now still 747 and 777

Comment

Best aircraft to fly in? Any ultralight - wind in your hair, low altitude, great views

Comment

For me, it is obviously the 747-400 as well. Any airline with this plane will make my day, but it is even sweeter if the airline is Singapore Airlines, since a combination of my fave airline and my fave plane is always the best. Usually when I'm flying in a 747-400 of another airline, and I see an SQ 747-400 in the same airport, I tend to get a little jealous, even though my plane is also a 744. And when I'm in the SQ 744, I usually feel like I'm in the best plane there. It's just a personal feeling. I used to feel that way back then about the Big Tops as well, although I've only travelled on the Big Top once (KL-SIN in '91).

Just like how I miss the Big Tops now, I will miss the Meagtops in the next couple years too.

Comment

Airbus 340-300 Celestar. I am definitely biased but I loved that plane and the 340 is my fave aircraft because it is darn quiet, stable during turbulence and it has a 2-4-2 seat layout. The A380, though, is also great when riding on the upper deck of Y.

Can't really talk about C or F travel experiences here
                              Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Working...
                              X