No announcement yet.

The Comedy Awards Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with the rating for Imperial Treasure. However I would classify it as a hotel restaurant rather than a airport one ... just because it's part of Crowne Plaza.

But thanks, Flying Monkey, for this. I will certainly try some of the recommendations. Frankly, I've not stumbled on any good airport restaurants outside of Changi. At Changi, the Soup Restaurant is my favuorite.

Comment

• World's most hated airports

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/21/tr...iref=allsearch

Been to 9 out of 10 of them. I could name another 10, and another.....

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Agree with this list somewhat (because I haven't had any personal experience with some of the exotic ones) BUT there are much worse international airports like POM (sure, there're no queues but it's a nice cow-shed!) and DME (small, crowded).

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

I rather like CDG

Comment

• Been to 9 out of 10 of them also - and GRU/JFK/KTM/NBO/LAX I agree with.

MNL, CDG, LHR, PER arent as sh1tty as described... I get along fine with those airports

but let me qualify that statement:

MNL from my perspective is kinda okay if you time your departures right. It's why I almost ALWAYS leave on SQ915, and leave at 5ish from Makati, avoiding the Jams. Then I get to use the girls security line (which helps) so there...

CDG - I'm only referring to T2 (and all its' subsidiary terminals) - T1 is crap, and the only saving grace is the nice little open air area in the *A lounge where you can smoke.

LHR - T5 with Fast Track, Galleries access, T1 with Fast track, Great British Lounge access. T3 with Fast track, SKL F or VS Clubhouse access. Every other scenario/combo is shitty.

PER - fine so long as i don't have to do a INT-DOM/DOM-INT connection

Comment

• Why isn't CGK on the list? PER is much better than CGK, IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                PER - fine so long as i don't have to do a INT-DOM/DOM-INT connection
                It's only a nice 7 mins drive away

Comment

• The first time I flew into NBO, I was prepared. I knew there was neither electricity nor water until 6 am (I landed at 4 am), so I brought my own flashlight to read While not my personal fav, I've generally had positive experiences at NBO (CMN beats it in the exotic department imho )

I feel the same about GRU. Nothing special (CGH beats it in the glamorous department), but nothing extraordinarily bad. It doesn't have the electric vibe of EZE for some reason.

LHR is just about the only airport I tolerate in Europe these days
                  Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Only 5 out of 10 for me (LAX, JFK, LHR, CDG and KTM) but:

* CDG is actually fine for me. It has two decent hotels at the airport (Sheraton and Ibis); a Fauchon outlet; decent food (the Sheraton restaurant albeit expensive; and a very decent steak at Hippo); and good transport to town (the AF coach direct to the front door of my hotel of choice; or when I don't mind a walk and for more Parisian flavour the RER+Metro).

* LHR is home and gateway to a large number of destinations. The only part of the LHR experience which I dislike is immigration back into my own country.

* Perhaps I've been fortunate at JFK but I can only remember good things about the BA arrival/departure terminal experience. No massive queues at immigration and when I get to the counter, the officers have been friendly and even sometimes come up with suggestions where to go. The BA departure fast track is good, the lounges are not bad and the pre-flight dining is my kind of food (chicken curry etc).

Comment

• Singapore Girl commercial nominated for Viewers Choice 2011

The new Singapore Girl commercial has been nominated for Best Local TV Commercial at Viewers Choice 2011!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voting begins tomorrow, 6/2. Visit mediacorp.sg/viewerschoice2011 for voting details and updates.

Comment

• Airlines with the best meals

http://www.relax.com.sg/relax/media/...est_meals.html

Dumber and dumber. Bad meals - Y; Good meals - J/F.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          http://www.relax.com.sg/relax/media/...est_meals.html

Dumber and dumber. Bad meals - Y; Good meals - J/F.
                          hahahaha

Was that a CX ENTRÉE I spied?!?
                          HUGE AL

Comment

• Technically not an award, but the writing is so vomit-inducing that "comedy" clearly applies to it twice over...

Indulge in SIA's A380 cabin experience at Natas Fair 2012
                            By Myra Martin

Imagine a hands-on experience: eyes greeted by roominess, hands feeling elegant upholstery and adjusting your plush seat to suit your preferred seating position. As soon as you're settled, stretch your legs with the added room, drape a Givenchy-designed blanket over your knees and feast your eyes on designer bone china and crystal ware.

These are the sensations Singapore Airlines hopes to evoke in customers and travellers alike, when replicas of the airline's Business and Economy suite cabins will be displayed to the public at the National Association of Travel Agents Singapore Fair 2012 (Natas). The fair will be held at Singapore Expo, Halls 3B, 4 and 5 from Feb 24 to 26, 10am to 9.30pm.

http://www.straitstimes.com/The-Big-...ry_764367.html

Comment

• I actually came across what I believe must be one of the best comedy travel awards of all time this week as Frommers voted JED's Hajj Terminal - used for a grand total of 6 weeks a year - as the worlds best airport terminal.

Comment

• 2012 WORLD'S BEST AIRPORT:
                                Incheon International Airport

2012 (2011) Top Ten:
                                1. Incheon International Airport (3)
                                2. Singapore Changi Airport (2)
                                3. Hong Kong International Airport (1)
                                4. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (6)
                                5. Beijing Capital International Airport (5)
                                6. Munich Airport (4)
                                7. Zurich Airport (7)
                                8. Kuala Lumpur International Airport (9)
                                9. Vancouver International Airport (12)
                                10. Central Japan International Airport (11)

Best Airports by Size of Airport:

Over 50 million 30-50 million 20-30 million 10-20 million
                                1. Hong Kong 1. Incheon 1. Zu rich 1. Vancouver
                                2. Beijing Capital 2. Singapore Changi 2. Copenhagen 2. Auckland
                                3. London Heathrow 3. Amsterdam 3. Cincinnati 3. Abu Dhabi

WORLD'S BEST:
                                Airport Dining Experience - Hong Kong International Airport
                                Airport for Baggage Delivery - Beijing Capital International Airport
                                Airport for Leisure Amenities - Singapore Changi Airport
                                Airport Immigration Service - Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)
                                Airport for International Transit - Singapore Changi Airport
                                Airport Terminal Cleanliness - Hong Kong International Airport
                                Airport Shopping - London Heathrow Airport
                                Airport Security Processing - Narita International Airport

World's Best Airport for Low-Cost Airlines - London Stansted Airport
                                World's Most Improved Airport - Delhi International Airport
                                World's Best Premium Service Airport - Qatar Airways Premium Terminal, Doha International Airport
                                World's Best Airport Terminal - London Heathrow Airport
                                World's Best Airport Hotel - Regal Airport Hotel Hong Kong

BEST REGIONAL AIRPORTS:
                                Africa - King Shaka International Airport, Durban
                                Asia - Central Japan International Airport Nagoya
                                China - Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport
                                Australia / Pacific - Brisbane Airport
                                Europe - Hamburg Airport
                                North America - Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
                                South America - Guayaquil Airport

BEST AIRPORTS BY REGION:
                                Western Europe - Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
                                Northern Europe - Copenhagen Airport
                                Southern Europe - Barcelona Airport
                                Eastern Europe - Moscow Domodedovo Airport
                                Central Europe - Munich Airport
                                Africa - Cape Town International Airport
                                Asia - Incheon International Airport
                                Australia / Pacific - Auckland International Airport
                                India - Delhi International Airport
                                China - Beijing Capital International Airport

BEST AIRPORT STAFF SERVICE:
                                Africa - Cape Town International Airport
                                Asia - Kuala Lumpur International Airport
                                Australia / Pacific - Auckland International Airport
                                Europe - Munich Airport
                                Middle East - Muscat International Airport
                                Central America/Caribbean - Panama Tocumen Airport

North America - San Francisco International Airport
                                South America - Jorge Chávez International Airport, Lima

BEST AIRPORT HOTEL:
                                Asia - Regal Airport Hotel Hong Kong
                                Africa - InterContinental OR Tambo Airport
                                Australia / Pacific - PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
                                China - Langham Place Beijing Capital International Airport
                                Europe - Sofitel London Heathrow
                                Middle East - Oryx Rotana Doha
                                South America - Caesar Park Sao Paulo International Airport Hotel
                                North America - The Fairmont Vancouver Airport
                                Last edited by cscs1956; 20 April 2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X