Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        ...Business and Economy suite cabins...
        ?????!!!

Okayyyyyyyyyyy

Comment

• http://business.asiaone.com/Business...25-348246.html

SIA wins Singapore's most attractive employer award

Singapore Airlines (SIA) has edged out energy company Exxon Mobil and consumer electronics maker Sony, to be named Singapore's most attractive employer at the inaugural Randstad Award.

SIA was recognised for having a great working atmosphere and culture, excellent training, strong leadership and competitive salary.

Comment

• While passing through AKL last month I saw banners up proclaiming AKL to be 'one of the World's top 10 airports' or some such like.

Now, I have no particular problem with AKL itself, it's a pleasant enough place most of the time. But one of the 10 best in the world ?!. I did look to see if there was any small print to say 'on the North Island in New Zealand' but I honestly couldn't find it.

You will not be surprised to note it was our old favourite's Skytrax, again...
            Last edited by MAN Flyer; 1 June 2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              While passing through AKL last month I saw banners up proclaiming AKL to be 'one of the World's top 10 airports' or some such like.

Now, I have no particular problem with AKL itself, it's a pleasant enough place most of the time. But one of the 10 best in the world ?!. I did look to see if there was any small print to say 'on the North Island in New Zealand' but I honestly couldn't find it.

Perhaps the "best" only in a particular category? Similar to how KUL can bag the "best" airport in the world but only in the 15-25m pax per year category.

Well., not that it matters with Skytrax..

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                Perhaps the "best" only in a particular category? Similar to how KUL can bag the "best" airport in the world but only in the 15-25m pax per year category.

Well., not that it matters with Skytrax..
                Well against my better judgement I have actually bothered to have a look and it would appear that there are no additional criteria, it is just the 'worlds best airports'. And AKL, with 13 million passengers a year, is the eigth best airport in the worldapparently.

They have ICN up there again and while I will admit the actually airport of ICN itself is great, how they hell they can award an airport where the majority of pax transferring to the countries second biggest city have to change airports to get there is completely beyond me. It's a farcical situation.

Oh, and during my digging I discovered, for the first time, that as well as 'five star airlines' there are also 'five star airports'.

Comment

Well against my better judgement I have actually bothered to have a look and it would appear that there are no additional criteria, it is just the 'worlds best airports'. And AKL, with 13 million passengers a year, is the eigth best airport in the worldapparently.

They have ICN up there again and while I will admit the actually airport of ICN itself is great, how they hell they can award an airport where the majority of pax transferring to the countries second biggest city have to change airports to get there is completely beyond me. It's a farcical situation.

Oh, and during my digging I discovered, for the first time, that as well as 'five star airlines' there are also 'five star airports'.
                  Not particularly coming to AKL's defense, but as a regular user, I must say they've got the arrivals processing pretty slick now. SQ285 landed at 10.50 this morning and I was through to the exit within 15 mins. Admittedly Kiwi passport/ nothing to declare, but pretty good. And that's true to form. Is it one of top ten in the world? No idea and I don't care.

Comment

...while I will admit the actually airport of ICN itself is great, how they hell they can award an airport where the majority of pax transferring to the countries second biggest city have to change airports to get there is completely beyond me. It's a farcical situation.
                    Man, you are never going to let that one go, huh?
                    HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                      Not particularly coming to AKL's defense, but as a regular user, I must say they've got the arrivals processing pretty slick now. SQ285 landed at 10.50 this morning and I was through to the exit within 15 mins. Admittedly Kiwi passport/ nothing to declare, but pretty good. And that's true to form. Is it one of top ten in the world? No idea and I don't care.
                      As I said I have no problem with AKL, it is a pleasant place to use, save for some of the customs/immigration idiots they had on a particular shift last month. I was mainly backing up the whole point of this thread, which is that travel 'awards' are, in the main, bollox.

And I say this as someone who was a guest at one of the more well known awards last year.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      Man, you are never going to let that one go, huh?
                      I'm not going to let it go. It's a ridiculous situation and it makes a mockery of what is otherwise a great airport.

We had a Korean customer, from Busan, visiting us last week and I was moaning to him about it as well. He was doing an GMP-ICN outbound and ICN inbound and I was trying to explain to him that travelling from the countries second biggest city via it's main hub should not need a change of airport when changing flights.
                      Last edited by MAN Flyer; 4 June 2012, 04:55 AM.

Comment

While passing through AKL last month I saw banners up proclaiming AKL to be 'one of the World's top 10 airports' or some such like.

i guess when you are handling only a handful of international flights a day it should be easy to do it well. lol
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Top 10 Best hotels in Asia

1. Taj Lake Palace Udaipur, Udaipur, India
                          2. Cocoa Island Resort, South Male Atoll
                          3.The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, India
                          4. Tower Club at lebua, Bangkok, Thailand
                          5. Layana Resort and Spa, Ko Lanta, Thailand
                          6. Constance Moofushi Resort, Maldives, South Ari Atoll
                          7. Casa del Mar, Langkawi, Pantai Cenang, Malaysia
                          8. Soneva Gili by Six Senses, North Male Atoll
                          9. Amazing Ngapali Resort, Ngapali, Myanmar
                          10. Baros Maldives, North Male Atoll

Comment

• Is this according to you or are you quoting another source in which case you should name the source

Comment

• I hardly think so.

Comment

• I don't agree with at least two properties on that list. Don't know about the other 8, so don't agree with those too

Comment

Working...
                                X