No announcement yet.

Travel presenter Richard Quest in a bind over drugs scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and in other news.... my, how the once mighty have fallen. before the police even showed up, he got interrogated by captain winky.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/080429/2/10osj.html

Comment

My take on the Quest incident is that this is an unfortunate mistake by someone who is in the public eye by the nature of his work. Many of us have made mistakes in our lives (maybe not involving meth, I know), and we've had the good fortune to keep those mistakes to ourselves rather than risk public embarrassment.

I've met Richard Quest once, and a good friend of mine has worked closely with him for years. While this incident must be disappointing for his fans and friends, one cannot even fathom the regret and humiliation he must be feeling.

I know we're all having a bit of fun here at his expense, but my take is that if he was rude at the A380 inaugural, it was probably because he was in the middle of his work and rather busy at that moment.

Not to be a blind apologist, but I'm just appealing for us to be more gentle when another person has fallen on a bit of hard times.

Comment

Travel presenter Richard Quest in a bind over drugs scandal

Totally agree with you crazycrab955. I feel for the guy. I enjoy watching his segment on CNN. Hope his career is not derailed by this incident. What is it about the media industry that predisposes them to drugs? Heath Ledger was less lucky

Comment

Well CNN have wished him the best on his 'recovery' so hopefully we'll be seeing RRRRRRichard Quest's teeth and hearing his accent again in due course.

Hoorah.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
            My take on the Quest incident is that this is an unfortunate mistake by someone who is in the public eye by the nature of his work. Many of us have made mistakes in our lives (maybe not involving meth, I know), and we've had the good fortune to keep those mistakes to ourselves rather than risk public embarrassment.

I've met Richard Quest once, and a good friend of mine has worked closely with him for years. While this incident must be disappointing for his fans and friends, one cannot even fathom the regret and humiliation he must be feeling.

I know we're all having a bit of fun here at his expense, but my take is that if he was rude at the A380 inaugural, it was probably because he was in the middle of his work and rather busy at that moment.

Not to be a blind apologist, but I'm just appealing for us to be more gentle when another person has fallen on a bit of hard times.
            Well said, crazycrab.

Comment

good and bad a natural part of life

It is amazing how some people can rip apart a persons life for just one personal mistake they committed and that became public.

Someone like Richard Quest, whose job is to be in the public view, will of course always be under public scrutiny and should therefore be even more careful about his personal conduct.

But to condemn him forever for what he did would be absolute hypocrisy.

There are people in any level of society who have done MUCH worse by hurting others and who still get the admiration of so many (stupid)people.
              No need to mention them, you see them everywhere.

I personally always liked his shows and respected him for doing things he actually was afraid to do but did it anyway just to challenge himself.

He is one of the few "public" people I would like to meet and talk about his so many experiences he had.

And to brush off someone when busy, well, I remember having done that myself more than once
              Life is like a box of chocolates.

Comment

I for one, would love to see him on air again. He seemed to make travel programs much more fun to watch than they would otherwise have been.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  I for one, would love to see him on air again. He seemed to make travel programs much more fun to watch than they would otherwise have been.
                  I agree. I wish him well on his recovery.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I see that Richard Quest is back on air on CNN.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                      I used to think he was funny too, until I saw him at the A380 inaugural pre-flight party, and went up to him to ask to have a pic taken with him :
                      he rudely brushed me away, saying there was no time and boarding was commencing soon.
                      That was the only unpleasant memory I had on the inaugural flights 25-26 Oct 07.

Edited to add : what goes around comes around, Dick !
                      Well, the next time you see him in Singapore. Tell him this. Brought any drugs in Singapore? It's a offense to die for!
                      Life's A Bitch,
                      Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

OK. I'm sorry. Me bad
                        Life's A Bitch,
                        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

SQ Airbus 380 live on CNN

Bit of a thread revival, but don't want to start a new thread for a small observation.

Sitting here at my hotel this Friday evening, working with my laptop open, CNN playing on the back, and you have this Richard Quest evening show (it's CET +1 where I am now). He had this some guy on live interview, near the Thames and London Bridge (if I'm not mistaken).

And suddenly, the camera-man turns the camera to the sky, showing (and following closely) one of SQ's A380s, as it was approaching LHR for landing. I grab the TV remote control in order to see what's going on (yes, I got worried) but after few seconds commercials start...

Few minutes later, we recommence, and start to see the Airbus again. Camera was constantly after it. Time was 19:20 local. Richard Quest takes over and says: "we thought we should give you a different picture this evening, a SQ jet landing; in actual fact, people have placed bets on exactly what time this aircraft would land, and at 19:24 someone in our studio will be smiling big as he is the winner of the bet..."

Irrespective of what Richard Quest does (I like him and watch his shows if I happen to have CNN on, actually), it was surprising and lovely seeing this big SQ bird live on the TV prior to landing...
                          I love SQ

Comment

Working...
                          X