Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel presenter Richard Quest in a bind over drugs scandal

From late last week, but only just came across this story:

"The future of quirky CNN presenter Richard Quest hangs in the balance today after he was arrested in the early hours of Friday morning in Central Park."

I'll let you read the story yourselves, but in short this episode apparently involves Crystal Meth, some rope and a 'sex toy'

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/...cle3797980.ece

Oops!

I do love his reports though! I think he's extremely witty.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Oops!
      Ooops indeed! I tend to agree with your comments, he's a quirky character, but not sure I'd want to spend an extended period of time with him!

Comment

I used to think he was funny too, until I saw him at the A380 inaugural pre-flight party, and went up to him to ask to have a pic taken with him :
        he rudely brushed me away, saying there was no time and boarding was commencing soon.
        That was the only unpleasant memory I had on the inaugural flights 25-26 Oct 07.

Edited to add : what goes around comes around, Dick !
        Last edited by upright man; 24 April 2008, 07:44 PM. Reason: angry ranting.
        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
          I used to think he was funny too, until I saw him at the A380 inaugural pre-flight party, and went up to him to ask to have a pic taken with him :
          he rudely brushed me away, saying there was no time and boarding was commencing soon.
          That was the only unpleasant memory I had on the inaugural flights 25-26 Oct 07.

Edited to add : what goes around comes around, Dick !
          Well, upright man, if you happen to see him again in future on an inaugural flight, you'll be sure to have a snappy quip for him

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
            Well, upright man, if you happen to see him again in future on an inaugural flight, you'll be sure to have a snappy quip for him
            You betcha !
            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Methamphetamine – also known as crystal meth or ice – is said to “bring on a feeling of exhilaration and produces increased arousal and activity levels”
              -it is also said to make the flesh fall out of your face.
              Seriously, which ... would volumtarily try ice- IMO it's better to jump from a high building, that hurts less
              Last edited by jjpb3; 25 April 2008, 05:11 AM.
              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

So what did he tie up?

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                  So what did he tie up?
                  Little Richard, apparently.

Comment

I like him very much and am actually a 'fan' of his shows. He seems to have a very 'sentimental' side with which he occasionally touches his presentations (e.g. in his Quest show last year when the subject was tracing our roots back in history and he talked about his family and ancestors.)

But it appears that the incident upright man witnessed and described is something totally different... To me this is much worse that the drugs case. He can personally do anything he likes - drink, take drugs, whatever. His life, personal balance, health is his on concern. If he does not care about himself, he will be the one responsible for the consequences.

But when you have this attitude to other people, it's really bad. Our public attitude and conduct reveals a lot about our character. And it seems our
                    Richard scored pretty badly here (and this cannot be forgotten or neglected because he has won one or two or hundred awards for the best travel program or for whatever else.)

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                      But it appears that the incident upright man witnessed and described is something totally different... )
                      Drugs like crystal do affect people's moods and personalities. Perhaps the two incidents are not that independent.

It is unfair of me to speculate. I just hope he'll be one of the people spared of the damage caused by crystal use.
                      Last edited by jjpb3; 27 April 2008, 09:36 PM.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Teehee, I remember watching on youtube his report on the A380 and he kept badgering Mr. Chew with the whole mile high club concept of the suites...
                        Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by sqforever View Post
                          Teehee, I remember watching on youtube his report on the A380 and he kept badgering Mr. Chew with the whole mile high club concept of the suites...
                          Well, being on crystal meth does make one hyper-interested in a certain subject...

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                            Little Richard, apparently.
                            You cracked me up.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                              Well, being on crystal meth does make one hyper-interested in a certain subject...
                              I don't suppose he was so stupid as to smuggle drugs into sin?

Originally posted by N_Architect
                              He can personally do anything he likes - drink, take drugs, whatever. His life, personal balance, health is his on concern. If he does not care about himself, he will be the one responsible for the consequences.
                              Of course he can, but I still can't get why anyone would touch this stuff (I know some pretty bad podheads, but even they wouldn't touch this stuff for a billion dollars)
                              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Working...
                              X