Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Phones - What Are You Currently Using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
    How do others use their phones ? Just for phone calls or more ?
    You mean the N95 can do more than phone calls?

I use the phone mainly for phone calls, calendar functions and photo taking. Any more than that and it requires charging on a daily basis. It is a heavily under utilised device.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
      How do others use their phones ? Just for phone calls or more ?
      I use my Sony Ericsson W810i for phone calls, text messaging, morning alarm, candid camera, flashlight, mp3 player. Bad grammar, I know...

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
        I use my Sony Ericsson W810i for phone calls, text messaging, morning alarm, candid camera, flashlight, mp3 player. Bad grammar, I know...
        We're hereby preserving your quotation for the occasions when you get too big for your future CEO britches, Savage25.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          We're hereby preserving your quotation for the occasions when you get too big for your future CEO britches, Savage25.
          When you're typing this in the middle of a meeting, pretending that you're taking notes, you can't think too hard about getting grammar right

I'm already the Chief Entertainment Organizer on my current project...but I don't think that's the CEO you were referring to

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            When you're typing this in the middle of a meeting, pretending that you're taking notes, you can't think too hard about getting grammar right

I'm already the Chief Entertainment Organizer on my current project...but I don't think that's the CEO you were referring to
            Nope, I think you'll be reaching higher rungs in the corporate echelon than that.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Sony Ericson P910 now, but I will get iPhone tomorrow at 6PM!

Comment

• Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
                Sony Ericson P910 now, but I will get iPhone tomorrow at 6PM!
                Wow! Lucky. I want one too. I've heard there have been people camping out for days at the Apple store in Manhattan waiting for the official launch...

Comment

• Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
                  Sony Ericson P910 now, but I will get iPhone tomorrow at 6PM!
                  Cool, let us know how the phone is and whether the hype about it is true.

Comment

• Got iPhone around 7PM EST. There were people lined up at 5th Ave. Apple store since last Tuesday.
                    Went home tried to activate using my AT&T account.
                    Nothing yet after 20 somewhat hours
                    All I can do is call 911
                    Very disappointed at AT&T (and apple to some degree).

Comment

• After 52 hours of frustration, I finally got the d@mn thing working ^^
                      Actually, I'm writing this reply using it. Keyboard will need some getting used to, but overall I'm satisfied with my latest toy ^^

Comment

• ...but surely the lack of 3G data on the iphone is a *massive* oversight? A phone that's capable of web browsing, downloading maps, songs etc., but only at verrry slow data rates?

Would be interested to hear opinions, as a relationship with a phone can last quite a while with contracts, and after being once bitten I don't trust anything other than Nokia (brief flirtations with what was Ericsson, and Motorola have left me with the conclusion they're not worth wasting money on)

Comment

• Hmm iphone... but it doesn't work in Canada I think!

Comment

• Just got the Nokia E65 - not as nice as the N95 but it is very compact and less likely to slide open accidentally.

Any reviews here on the iPhone?

Comment

• Not exactly a mobile phone but I picked up yesterday a Vodafone 3G/HSDPA USB modem plus associated data plan for my laptop. I get a download speed of about 750kbps/second here at home which is not too bad (i.e. a broadband speed as opposed to the hyped but ultimately disappointing original 3G) but it's still somewhat below the maximum of 1.4Mbps/second in good HSDPA reception areas.

It should be possible to use the N95 for the same job (as it supports HSDPA) but I haven't tried it yet...

Comment

• I've been using my SonyEricsson P990i since I got it in Oct 2007. Good smartphone with touchscreen and keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                                X