Manbags and luggage tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
    I just got myself a head porter tote bags (http://item.rakuten.co.jp/porter/porter638-07638/) just weeks ago. It is a japanese brand and the quality are very good. But it is not formal bags that you can carry to work, it's more for casual wear.
    That bag looks a bit similar to what KeithMEL appears to have in his pics here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=15

Strange that you mention Porter - I was just looking at their bags which they produce for Monocle:

http://www.monocle.com/Shop/Items/Porter-Monocle-Bags/

Comment

I also find it strange you mentioned Porter Monocle bags, since I just looked at them today

Hmm.. I think Keith has different bags, but anyway his bag also looks interesting

Comment

I personally prefer messenger bags/satchels to totes - i find the latter a PITA to carry around.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Currently, I have my eyes on Coach tote, but I'm a bit skeptical about Coach's quality.
          You know what they say Can Only Afford Cheap Handbag

Comment

I picked these two beauties up during my trip:

A classic from Agnes B (Robertson Boulevard store, LA)

And Salvatore Ferragamo (5th Ave flagship, NYC) had a turn-of-season new arrival (calf leather messenger) that very same day I visited and I couldn't resist

Last edited by KeithMEL; 14 March 2008, 02:32 PM.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Very nice! I'm looking forward to my trip to Milan later this year.

Comment

Oh no fair... I can't post pretty pictures of my bags because they're girl-bags

Nice manbags though!

Comment

Originally posted by newflyer View Post
                  Oh no fair... I can't post pretty pictures of my bags because they're girl-bags
                  You're more than welcome to start your own thread so that everyone else can admire your girl-bags.

Comment

To be honest I'm still struggling to find the perfect leisure travel bag - capacious, classy and casual all at once. A birkin would fit the bill but obviously there are other factors to consider

Comment

Originally posted by newflyer View Post
                      To be honest I'm still struggling to find the perfect leisure travel bag - capacious, classy and casual all at once. A birkin would fit the bill but obviously there are other factors to consider
                      You mean the fact that you cannot get one from the retail shop even though you're prepared to pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
                        You mean the fact that you cannot get one from the retail shop even though you're prepared to pay for it?
                        this is definitely not always the case... you just have to have a long-standing relationship with the house. there are almost always some in stock reserved for VIC's. i personally prefer the hermes Haut Au Corrois. they are a little more masculine than the birkin.

Comment

Been looking lately for a stylish and durable 'carry-all' or manbag to take with me on long-haul flights (able to fit in pajamas, ipod, camera, a book, etc.) or weekend escapes, and prior to my U.S. trip next month (where I am sure I can find something good), I have been doing some searching on the net.

However, and while in Busan this week, I came across (and actually bought) a very nice calf leather tote by Loewe. It has many practical zipped pockets inside and seems it can fit lots of stuff. I'll post a picture when I get it next month. For the moment, this is a snapshot from the Loewe site:

Last edited by N_Architect; 4 April 2008, 09:04 PM. Reason: Added picture and edited text

Comment

Very nice holdall, N_Architect. Congrats on the purchase.
                            Last edited by jjpb3; 6 April 2008, 04:36 AM.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Reviving an old thread...

I just got myself a head porter tote bags (http://item.rakuten.co.jp/porter/porter638-07638/) just weeks ago. It is a japanese brand and the quality are very good. But it is not formal bags that you can carry to work, it's more for casual wear.
                              I finally succumbed to temptation and bought myself today a Porter Shorthauler bag from London's Monocle shop to use as a laptop bag.
                              Last edited by jhm; 21 June 2009, 05:04 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

You should see the 28" bag jjpb3 purchased this weekend. It gives a whole new meaning to the term "manbag"...

Comment

Working...
                                X