The SQTalk Luggage Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    Just picked up a very clever number from D&G on Bond St as a gift for the other half who's also been looking for a new messenger bag. It's both a messenger and a briefcase when straps are removed, and due to its size can also be a computer bag. Comes in snake skin leather (of which they only had 2 left so hurry!) or nylon/leather. Naturally the former is rather more, to borrow a quote from VC10 Boy, reassuringly expensive. Cheapo ole me went for the nylon/leather make, which actually seems more durable and hence more suited to daily use, even though the snake skin option is a stunner.
    KeithMEL, is this something I would buy? If so, do you have a pic?

On another note: B&R is changing their Baseline luggage again (more removing some of the pieces and reducing the size of the 22" to 21"). Most current stocks are discounted 25 - 50%. This does not come around often. If you're in need of pieces, grab them while you can.
    HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      KeithMEL, is this something I would buy? If so, do you have a pic?
      Can't find the snake skin one but here's the nylon/leather option:
      http://store.dolcegabbana.com/item/s...M/areaid//sts/
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Looking kind of small and dainty for me. Are there other pockets to put stuff or just the one inside?
        HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          Looking kind of small and dainty for me. Are there other pockets to put stuff or just the one inside?
          I don't really remember, but from what I can recall it's just the one inside, and that large external pocket with the lock. I can't take it out to look at it just yet - the lovely sales assistant wrapped it up beautifully after she'd learnt that it was a Christmas pressie. Now hopefully customs won't insist on unwrapping it when it's time to claim my VAT refund on the way back...
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 6 December 2009, 01:41 AM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Trolley Scooter

How about this?
            http://gizmodo.com/5419985/trolley-s...inal-lap-times

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              This is good for trekking from/to F59!

Comment

• If TG keeps parking me at C8-C9, I may need that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  If TG keeps parking me at C8-C9, I may need that!
                  I knew this would appeal to Kyo+!
                  HUGE AL

Comment

• TG doesn't love me enough to send a buggy for me like they do for MAN Flyer...

Comment

• But I imagine such luggage will be over the 7kg limit!

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        Just picked up a very clever number from D&G on Bond St as a gift for the other half who's also been looking for a new messenger bag. It's both a messenger and a briefcase when straps are removed, and due to its size can also be a computer bag. Comes in snake skin leather (of which they only had 2 left so hurry!) or nylon/leather. Naturally the former is rather more, to borrow a quote from VC10 Boy, reassuringly expensive. Cheapo ole me went for the nylon/leather make, which actually seems more durable and hence more suited to daily use, even though the snake skin option is a stunner.
                        Thanks KeithMEL! Will keep a lookout for D&G on my trip in Feb.

Comment

• Never been a fan...

...but there's a first time for everything in this life

Comment

• Originally posted by N_Architect View Post

Very nice, N_Architect.

I don't think I can pull off the tote bag look. A certain SQTalker does it with aplomb.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                              Fantastic choice for your first LV purchase, N_Architect! The Utah range is so stylish and fetching yet understated at the same time.

Comment

• I am looking around for a Carry On luggage, and I come across this : Victorinox Hardside 22" Wheeled Carry-On.

As I only travel in Econ class, I wonder if both SQ and CX (both airlines that I am usually booked on) will allow me to carry on this onboard?

Anyone else has any advice about this luggage? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X