Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is Looking For A Job In The Aviation Industry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
    Hey, do let us know when you get in! Will look out for you the next time I head for SFO!

hahah sure will

Comment

OOOOPS, sorry KeithMEL! It's Qantas, of course. I was tired when I wrote this comment, so I hope you can forgive me...
      Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
        OOOOPS, sorry KeithMEL! It's Qantas, of course. I was tired when I wrote this comment, so I hope you can forgive me...
        Hehe no worries. And like i said i was just teasing. You're not the only one though. That mistake is so common that QF had to register the domain www.quantas.com.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Its been my dream to work for the aviation industry...but not flying... ...actually thinking of doing Bachelor of Business (Air Transportation Management) but some of the subjects involve non flying pilot course (general knowledge about flying), physics of the aircraft, engines which looks hard since I'm never a big fans of physics....other subjects in this course looks interesting...such as plane assignment, scheduling and aircraft model selection.... hope I can get a job with my current qualification tho...

Comment

I'm actually thinking of something similar
            http://be-lufthansa.com/jobs_and_career.html
            But I don't know if Lufthansa will be interested in me, so it would be very interesting to know the alternatives...

@keith: sure it's a common mistake, but for someone who has been born in Australia and is interested in aviation it's still stupid :X
            Last edited by up and away; 16 August 2007, 03:01 AM.

Comment

I'm actually thinking of something similar
              http://be-lufthansa.com/jobs_and_career.html
              But I don't know if Lufthansa will be interested in me, so it would be very interesting to know the alternatives...
              You never know till you try! I have previously tried joining SIA Cargo and IATA, and more recently, Embraer, but have been all but unsuccessful. Still, I'm not giving up.

By the way, you asked earlier about something like degree courses in aviation? Some universities do offer such Bachelor courses. Check out Massey University -- this is a rather well-known place to pick up some aviation qualifications. They do distance learning in addition to campus courses. There are also some unis in Australia like UNSW and RMIT that do similar courses, but I'm not sure if distance learning is available.
              My Cafe Adventures
              Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
              http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Do you need to have a Singaporean citicenship for applying at SQ or SIA cargo?

Comment

are you talking about being a pilot or a cabin crew?

Comment

No. Having Permanent Residence in Singapore helps a lot, because you don't need to go through the whole Work Permit/Employment Pass thingy.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
                      are you talking about being a pilot or a cabin crew?
                      I meant management positions. Unfortunately I can't become a pilote or a fa

Comment

Up and Away, I'm not sure if you're in Australia, but Qantas runs graduate programs for jobs such as IT etc. and if worst comes to worst you could always try for an apprenticeship in maintainance, tinkering with jet engines is something that would certainly interest me

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
                          Up and Away, I'm not sure if you're in Australia, but Qantas runs graduate programs for jobs such as IT etc.
                          The Qantas graduate program, as I've recently learnt, is extremely biased towards graduates in accounting or finance fields. Meaning arty farty types like me will probably not even get an interview...
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                            Meaning arty farty types like me will probably not even get an interview...
                            I'm sure that arty farty types doing what you're doing get adequately compensated elsewhere.

Comment

The Qantas graduate program, as I've recently learnt, is extremely biased towards graduates in accounting or finance fields. Meaning arty farty types like me will probably not even get an interview...
                              After years of engineering/scientific research work for little gain, I've come to realise that said "arty-farty" types more often than not come out better off

...remember us here on SQTalk Keith when you're the PM!

Comment

I wouldn't mind working in a marketing/PR/lobbying capacity for an airline.
                                that's exactly what I am planning to do in the future I am currently studying Communication (focus: issue management and crisis communication) and I hope I'll somehow manage to set a foot into the aviation branch.

Whether it's at the airport (darn VIE airport is so bad when it comes to PR ... the image is destroyed beyond because nobody seems to care) or at the airline (although I'd rather work for any Asian airlines than working for OS ... i hate them).
                                Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Working...
                                X