Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is Looking For A Job In The Aviation Industry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
    What if you worked for say, Boeing, and your boss sends you to far-flung places in a bid to get the local airlines to buy your aircraft? I'm not sure if you'll get to fly in Business or First.
    exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      exactly.
      But even if you worked in a non-aviation-related industry, you may not get to fly in Business or First too, isn't it? My company is a good example...
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

next year im going to apply at SFO as a SIA check in agent. cant wait till i turn 18!

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
          next year im going to apply at SFO as a SIA check in agent. cant wait till i turn 18!
          Hey, do let us know when you get in! Will look out for you the next time I head for SFO!
          My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Very interesting Thread. Do you know any possibilities to study airline-management right after your highschool degree? Would be good to have an alternative to LH.
            Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              Not me... Industry tickets don't earn miles and PPSV$$$!
              Hehe that's an important consideration for sure.

Maybe a non-aviation but still travel focussed gig solves the problem. Trip reporter/travel writer sound really cool but I'm not sure that my writing style is sufficiently coherent.
              Last edited by KeithMEL; 14 August 2007, 05:22 PM.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Uhmmm ... why not simply get the qualification which is most marketable and then get a job which pays well enough for J/F travel during your leisure time ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  Uhmmm ... why not simply get the qualification which is most marketable and then get a job which pays well enough for J/F travel during your leisure time ?
                  I actually read this 'what are your jobs' thread on Australian Frequent Flyer - it seems that everyone's an IT person, accountant or engineer. Well not that there's anything wrong with those jobs, but just not where I wanna be headed.

edited to add - post made in reference to work travel
                  Last edited by KeithMEL; 14 August 2007, 06:10 PM.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I actually read this 'what are your jobs' thread on Australian Frequent Flyer - it seems that everyone's an IT person, accountant or engineer. Well not that there's anything wrong with those jobs, but just not where I wanna be headed.
                    Well, I can't see why they should employ for example carpenters or something...

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
                      Well, I can't see why they should employ for example carpenters or something...
                      I have a friend who is a carpenter, he restores the ornamental woodwork in historic buildings and earns more than anyone I know in a traditional comercial post. Plus he is often called to work overseas and never travels in anything below business.

Comment

I didn't say that carpenters automatically have smaller wages than guys working in aviation industries. What I meant was: Some services are rarely needed for keeping an aviation business running, and therefore certain positions are not available in companys like Singapore Airlines or Quantas.

I didn't say they'd earn less money...

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          Maybe a non-aviation but still travel focussed gig solves the problem. Trip reporter/travel writer sound really cool but I'm not sure that my writing style is sufficiently coherent.
                          No worries. You're still better than token01. Oops!! Just kidding!
                          My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                            The keyword here is passion. I for one don't believe in getting a most marketable qualification just so that you have a good life. Remember those days when your dad or mum hoped that you became a lawyer or a doctor so that you'd bring glory to the family? Maybe that works for some, but not me. How long would you last in a profession in which you have no interest? How much of your best would you give?
                            My Cafe Adventures

Comment

I didn't say that carpenters automatically have smaller wages than guys working in aviation industries. What I meant was: Some services are rarely needed for keeping an aviation business running, and therefore certain positions are not available in companys like Singapore Airlines or Quantas.

I didn't say they'd earn less money...
                              Sorry for not being clear - I was posting about jobs that involve lots of traveling (or at least, the jobs of members of that travel forum), not jobs in airlines.

Quantas.

just teasing...
                              Last edited by KeithMEL; 15 August 2007, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
                                Be sure to let us know how that turns out. I will most likely be based out of SFO from next July.

Comment

Working...
                                X