What can I do in FRA for 10 Hours....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    She shouldn't deny access. I did SQ26/LH4850 SIN-FRA-MAN last month and I was allowed in the lounge. Done it a few times.
    Lucky you! Well, it is inconsistent. Yes, the rule should be allowed to the lounge. But again, the love and hate relationship between LH and SQ will have an effect. Also perhaps when SEN Lounge too full, the matron decided to deny access. Not sure though. After all I am just an "extreme nutcase."

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    The SEN lounges are frequently an ego trip for many pax, it seems. At LHR and FRA, I've seen the SEN lounges packed to the point of being standing-room-only, when the Business / FTL lounges have been half-empty.
    In LH SEN FRA, when it's full, sometimes you will see chairs without owner, just coat or briefcase. I will do ask the person seated next to this chair. And most of the time, in fact, the chair is empty. The coat and briefcase belonged to the person seat next to it.
    He or she might get annoyed, but I just said thank you and smile. And yeah, those business travellers are not getting used the idea yet that in this year of age, in Europe, there are many Asians flying around! (Hey I said this because they looked at me like I am an alien! )

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Savage25 got these brochures for me in FRA as I was planning a SQ25-SQ325 sometime later this year and wanted to do something:
      Reading at the list of places to visit, such as Main River, cathedral St. Bartholomew, Romer city hall, St Paul's Church, old opera, etc; they are all reacheable by public transport and walking. I had done those. Of course the only thing you don't get is the narrative expalnation by the tour guide.

Get the free map of Frankfurt with all the S-bahn/U-bahn and tram lines. And you will have good time. (I am assuming the OP is way younger than me... )

Comment

So actually I would need to clear Immigration in FRA for my schengen flight?
        Lets say I am not allowed to use the lounge in terminal that SQ use, Will I still be able to use lounge in schengen area first then heading towards city?? (maybe sounds complicated).... and Thx again for all the advice....

Comment

Originally posted by blast-off View Post
          Lets say I am not allowed to use the lounge in terminal that SQ use, Will I still be able to use lounge in schengen area first then heading towards city?? (maybe sounds complicated).... and Thx again for all the advice....
          Yes and yes.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Your first entry point in Europe is FRA. Thus to connect to other cities in Schengen area, you have to clear immigration.
            But, you don't need to clear immigration once you landed.
            I will try to explain again here.
            SQ26 will arrive in Terminal C. When you get off the plane, and you follow the baggage claim sign, you will arrive at the immigration booth for Terminal C. If you clear it here, you will have problem to enter any lounge in the secure side of Schengen area.
            Don't go to the booth, but follow the sign to Terminal AB (skytrain).
            When you arrive at the escalator for skytrain, just walk straight and turn right. Follow the hallway and turn left. This are is where they have lots of rest chairs (and you will see people sleeping). Go straight in this hallway. The floor surface will change from black with dot dot dot to the clean even surface. Left hand side you will see UA/AC transfer counter and LH ticket counter.
            Keep going. Right hand side you will see escalator down, and far ahead you see the big black departure board. Left hand side a walkway from reversed direction.
            LH SEN Lounge is half way down.

If you can't enter here, you should walk further down.. go daown the stairs, and towards the satelitte gate 40s. LH Business Lounge would be in the middle.
            According to MANFlyer's post, you should not have any problem entering the lounge.

If you are able to use the Lounge in this area, before heading to town, you can just go back same way, and in the area where LH ticket counter, you will see row of immigration booth.

Now, if you fail to go to LH SEN or Biz lounges in Terminal B... Go back to the skytrain hallway and escalator up.
            Take the train to Terminal A. Once you arrive there, go straight to the direction of Gate A23 or fifty something as long as the number getting higher. Sometimes there is a security check. Just tell the person that you want to go to the lounge near gate A23/24. Passing there, you will see the immigration booth. I think only one or two. And yes, the lounge is around the corner.

Comment

Okay......Thx for it....Sorry if it cause a trouble for answering my questions...its my first to europe and actually first outside Asia (apart from AUS)....
              Thx for all the reply into this thread....please post again if you have other updates....thx thx....

Comment

No need to apologize.
                We love to help!
                And, yes, I am very happy when I can share my previous experience. Unfortunately, getting old means forgetting certain details.
                But I think I am pretty much on the dot for the direction I give you.
                Wish I can join the gathering in London July 23!

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  No need to apologize.
                  We love to help!
                  And, yes, I am very happy when I can share my previous experience. Unfortunately, getting old means forgetting certain details.
                  But I think I am pretty much on the dot for the direction I give you.
                  Wish I can join the gathering in London July 23!
                  Yeah...Would love to meet you actually....The info that u gave me is very detail i suppose....incl.every turns..... where will you be on 23 july?

Comment

Anybody know if I can get the Sheraton at the airport for less than the 175 Euros it's showing now on SPG.com?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Anybody know if I can get the Sheraton at the airport for less than the 175 Euros it's showing now on SPG.com?
                      YHPM...

Comment

I'd do some plane spotting.
                        BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

I had a similar situaton in March last year. Arrived on SQ25 from JFK, but booked on SQ325 for SIN. It was a deliberate choice, since I had not been to Frankfurt.

I followed my colleague to town on the train, but once at Zeil Street, I was on my own. Knowing no German and with no maps on me, I spent countless hours walking up and down the street and up and down the malls. I had a Chinese lunch but that was the only enjoyable part as far as I could remember. I'm not a shopper, so there was little else I could do. To add to the woes, it rained heavily towards the evening, just before heading back to the airport.

Don't get me wrong. Frankfurt is a great city, but don't go unprepared like me. It's not as easy to navigate around as say, Singapore or Tokyo.
                          My Cafe Adventures
                          Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                          http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

[QUOTE=It's not as easy to navigate around as say, Singapore or Tokyo.[/QUOTE]

The people in Germany are not as far as helpfully as the people in Singapore are. So you have to be lucky to find somebody who is gonna help you if you get lost.

There's a really good restaurant in Frankfurt which has really good prices as well. It's the restaurant at the Hauptwache. They have traditional local food, with a little influence from Flaemen. If you wanna eat something Frankfurt-like then take the Frankfurter Gruene Sosse.

regards m
                            You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Yes, and try some Apfelwein (apple vine). If you like vine you might like that one as well...
                              If you're interested in acient castles & in trains, pay a visit to one of the riverboats... really interesting area!
                              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Everything went well during transfer in FRA...but had problems from visiting lounge again before I left for FLR....They stamped my passport again and put a cross on top of it...Because of this...french immigration in gare du nord questioned me about the cross...which I didn't have single clue why did that happens....but then he let me proceed after held me for more than 15 min...

Comment

Working...
                                X