What can I do in FRA for 10 Hours....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do in FRA for 10 Hours....

Hi fellow SQTalkers.... I am flying through FRA on 24 June....arriving by SQ 26 and leaving to FLR around 4.55 PM.....I am wondering, are there any suggestions what can I do during those layover time (Approx. 9-10 Hours)??? Any advise it would be very helpful as its my first time there...lol.... Thanks a lot.....

I wouldn't stay at FRA for that long, I'd head into town. Decent transport service to and from the City.

Comment

A city in Germany centered on finance, on a Sunday?

If the weather is forecast to be good, bring a good book and enjoy the eerie quiet. Even on a Sunday, I agree with MAN Flyer: the city would be preferable to the airport.

(I had to spend a weekend there because of project work. London's chaotic bustle hadn't felt SOOO GOOD to come home to.)
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Oops...Sorry Just realise that I put the wrong arrival date in FRA....I leave SIN on 24 so arriving there on 25...which is Monday...How can I get to the city?? Train or Bus or Taxi??? Thx

Comment

What will I do?
          First, will you have a lounge access based on status or C BP to FLR? I usually like to take shower first. Then, clear immigration. Since I am traveling heavy, I will leave my carry-on at the left luggage on departure level near Terminal C counter area, or at the arrival hall Terminal A.
          Taking S-Bahn is pretty convenient. I will get the one day pass though to save money.
          Have to decide where to have brunch. I will go to more residential area. I remembered vaguely stopping at Hauptwasche, and walked further away from Zeil... then there were many breakfast places. Great croissants.
          Another place is get off at Konstablerwasche. Walked towards Sheraton then you will see NH hotel, turned left, and those area had some breakfast neighborhood place.
          Or else goes to the area between Hauptwasche and the river. Forgot the name. But there is the picturesque old houses with cobblestones.

I think Frankfurt has changed. Longer shopping hours. I am not so sure whether the shops open now on Sunday.

I like to walk along the river. And can stop read a book.

Botanical Garden. And also a museum that I forgot the name.

Hmmmmmmm what else? Yeah in FRA, there is the top floor for plane spotting???

Comment

As *G, you can use LH Lounge I think. The tricky part is to have the BP on hand. Hopefully you can get the BP in Singapore. Thus you can go shower after arrival from SQ26. Sometimes when you don't have BP, the lounge dragon will give a hard time for admittance. And the BP for 445pm departure only can be printed at the transfer desk about 1pm.

Comment

Yep...I got *G status...but not sure whether I could get my BP in SIN/MEL...as I purchased separate ticket for it... Btw...Can they check-in through my luggage if I buy separate tickets..(both *A)..... I'll probably try to go to downtown...check out some bfast options...lol.... how far is the city from airport??? Thx.....

Comment

Originally posted by blast-off View Post
                Yep...I got *G status...but not sure whether I could get my BP in SIN/MEL...as I purchased separate ticket for it... Btw...Can they check-in through my luggage if I buy separate tickets..(both *A)..... I'll probably try to go to downtown...check out some bfast options...lol.... how far is the city from airport??? Thx.....
                I just did this last weekend. It's about 15 minutes by train to Hauptwache, the 5th stop on the S8 or S9 train.

Comment

On separate tickets, they'd still be able to tag ** luggage through. However, with rare exceptions, you'd need to pick up ** onward BP to FLR at FRA. You can do this at either the transfer desk or one of the SEN lounges (I assume ** onward flight is on LH - please feel free to correct me) - you can access the lounge by showing the lounge bouncer ** onward ticket and *G card, and advise said bouncer that you're hoping to get ** BP in the lounge.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    On separate tickets, they'd still be able to tag ** luggage through. However, with rare exceptions, you'd need to pick up ** onward BP to FLR at FRA. You can do this at either the transfer desk or one of the SEN lounges (I assume ** onward flight is on LH - please feel free to correct me) - you can access the lounge by showing the lounge bouncer ** onward ticket and *G card, and advise said bouncer that you're hoping to get ** BP in the lounge.
                    Yep...Its on LH Cityline....Oh Ic...If I'm not wrong there are several lounges in FRA that *G can access right?? Any particular one??? or each lounge just the same???

Comment

Yep...Its on LH Cityline....Oh Ic...If I'm not wrong there are several lounges in FRA that *G can access right?? Any particular one??? or each lounge just the same???
                      There are quite a few SEN lounges - as I've only been to one (in T1 concourse B), I'll leave it to the others to advise you on SEN lounge quality. You'd most likely be departing for FLR from the Schengen zone, in concourse A.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

SQ26 will arrive in Terminal C. Thus, you have to be careful when transferring to another Terminal A or B. Once you are landside, you can't get into the secure lounge area. Just don't go through any immigration booth yet!
                        It's a bit of a walk to go from SQ gate to the main SEN lounge Terminal B. It is the same level though. You can walk from SQ Gate following sign Transfer AB. You will pass the escalator up to SkyTrain. Then you will see where nickbot and I spent the night at FRA. Straight ahead, and you will see LH ticket counter (or UA/AC transfer desk on the left), straight ahead, and you see a walkway. SEN lounge would be half way down.

The problem might be that the lounge dragon will deny access, since your flight is intra-european flight. She/he might ask you to go to SEN lounge in Terminal A.
                        To go there, it's better ta take SkyTrain. You will go through immigration before you can go to the SEN Lounge near Gate A23 (?).

Comment

City Tour

Savage25 got these brochures for me in FRA as I was planning a SQ25-SQ325 sometime later this year and wanted to do something:

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            The problem might be that the lounge dragon will deny access, since your flight is intra-european flight. She/he might ask you to go to SEN lounge in Terminal A.
                            To go there, it's better ta take SkyTrain. You will go through immigration before you can go to the SEN Lounge near Gate A23 (?).
                            She shouldn't deny access. I did SQ26/LH4850 SIN-FRA-MAN last month and I was allowed in the lounge. Done it a few times.

I actually left due to as usual no seats in there. I went to the much bigger Business Lounge further down (come out turn right, down stairs and follow corridor to the gates at the end and go upstairs to lounge).

I think this is the one UMD said he also used when SEN lounge is full.

Comment

The SEN lounges are frequently an ego trip for many pax, it seems. At LHR and FRA, I've seen the SEN lounges packed to the point of being standing-room-only, when the Business / FTL lounges have been half-empty.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X