The SQTalk Tumi thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
    ...9V-JKL is right, it does last a lifetime. i can get 20% off of it nickbot- which probably means 50% off when compared to London prices ...same goes for you cgk if you're interested in that particular model, or any other model that you want but is not on sale....
    Hi taipeiflyer,

Sorry, not been on the board for a little while (well, make that 12 hours or so!), so only just seen your post. I'll certainly consider a Tumi investment at some point, but probably not in the next year - many thanks for the offer however

I supose part of the problem is that most of my travel is in Economy, so luggage space (and aisle width) is always an issue for a larger carry-on. When competing for locker space with many other pax, it would often be difficult to stow a larger bag, so perhaps I should stick to a shoulder bag/backpack. That said, with the amount of stuff I carried for my FRA trip to see CGK, I *reeeealy* could have done with a wheeled bag! Perhaps a nice Tumi wheeled laptop style bag...!

Thanks again, will bear it in mind

nickbot

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
      And yes, she is very friendly and kind. Crossed path with her few time in LHR Concorde Room.
      You do seem to mis with the stars CGK! Then again, I should probably say that Ms. Diaz was the fortunate one in this case to have met our own SQTalk star!

Comment

Macy's

Went to check Macy's at Union Square today.
        They do have Tumi on sale, but only 20% compare to the Tumi store. But of course, there is a way to get more discount. For example, staying in the big hotel in downtown will get 11% off from all shopping in Macy's allover the US within 30 days.
        Or else, the sales person has a spare 20% additional discount mailing card, for a single purchase only.

USD399 according to the website. Plus tax of course.

http://www.tumi.com/summer_sale/trav...0032230&Nao=36
        So, in this case, from USD550, it goes down all the way to $352. 20% from $550 = $440... the 20% from $440 which make it to S352.

Of course there is also another promotion. If you spend $495 in one bag, you can purchase another Tumi bag with $100 discount.
        Last edited by CGK; 24 June 2007, 08:45 AM.

Comment

The discussion has gravitated towards Tumi luggage generally as the topic, so SQFAN, I hope you don't mind that I've re-titled your thread to help those who have just come across it.

jjpb3
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            The discussion has gravitated towards Tumi luggage generally as the topic, so SQFAN, I hope you don't mind that I've re-titled your thread to help those who have just come across it.

jjpb3
            Not at all...

Just now trying to get a 20"

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
              Not at all...

Just now trying to get a 20"
              A number of Tumi stores (at least in London) take part in a summer sale starting next weekend, you know.

(Nothing like the sales in North America or Asia, naturally. )
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                A number of Tumi stores (at least in London) take part in a summer sale starting next weekend, you know.

(Nothing like the sales in North America or Asia, naturally. )
                You've said it...UK prices are no bargain.

Comment

Since travelling to the US just for Tumi is out of the question, where in Asia are the best sales?

In November I will be in Singapore and possibly Bangkok.

Comment

SIN would be one of the most expensive places to buy Tumi. List prices are some 30% more than the US.

Comment

taipei prices are about 15% more than states, but you don't pay sales tax and receive 5% off with a foreign passport.

Comment

The last time I went through, I did think the prices were steep. Of course, not as steep as at the Tumi store in Sydney.

I guess my Samsonite roller would have to do for now, until work sends me to America (not going to happen for a long, long time).

Comment

Glad to see you here, Coathanger! Welcome to SQTalk!

Comment

Thanks CGK, I just discovered this site yesterday.

My post count doesn't look quite as "prosperous" here

Comment

Originally posted by Coathanger View Post
                              My post count doesn't look quite as "prosperous" here
                              It takes time! After all, quality is the priority right?

Comment

Got my 20" Expandable G4 this week via an angel here this week!

Have spent the last couple of days just admiring it

Comment

Working...
                                X