• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
    Did you change the brakes? Looks great!
    Not yet..... still on stock Brembo

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
      been thinking about adding a prius. but i would never get to drive it.

The Prius isn't a great car imho. I've driven one before. it has a weird driving position, limited storage space, a really weird gearshift, and quite importantly poor visibility out of the rear. mine had a reverse parking camera and a parking advisor, but i very much prefer to use my own eyes when parking and the car is rubbish at that. the boot is too high! haha.

talking about fuel economy though. I think it does alright. There was an episode on "Top Gear" recently, where they compared the fuel consumption of a Prius and a BMW M3. the M3 proved to be the more fuel efficient car (yes, unbelievable but true)

Comment

Mine.......

No.. no... just joking

Here's a picture of my car's interior....

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
          Here's a picture of my car's interior....
          Defi gauges?

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
            talking about fuel economy though. I think it does alright. There was an episode on "Top Gear" recently, where they compared the fuel consumption of a Prius and a BMW M3. the M3 proved to be the more fuel efficient car (yes, unbelievable but true)
            Yes i downloded that same episode just from Sunday past and the upshot is not WHAT you drive more HOW you drive but it's been common knowledge for a few years the Prius' claim is not a patch of what it achieves. You obviously watch Top Gear and they've been poo-pooing the claims for ages..... that and i just hate the principle of hybrids when new diesels are a much better way to go. For me, hybrids are a good marketing gimic at the moment.

Diesels and i think the VW "Blue" range of petrol models get better mileage than a Prius.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
              Yes i downloded that same episode just from Sunday past and the upshot is not WHAT you drive more HOW you drive but it's been common knowledge for a few years the Prius' claim is not a patch of what it achieves. You obviously watch Top Gear and they've been poo-pooing the claims for ages..... that and i just hate the principle of hybrids when new diesels are a much better way to go. For me, hybrids are a good marketing gimic at the moment.

Diesels and i think the VW "Blue" range of petrol models get better mileage than a Prius.
              i never saw that episode, however i heard the "trick" to getting the excellent fuel economy that it boasts is that you dont pull off hard/fast and of course gentle on the throttle all through out

I love the prius, however I hate the rear suspension; i dont know how its done in other countries, but the one in Canada has torsion beam rear suspension..and if driving in Montreal...OY!!

Furthermore I am paranoid about a cold weather start...its not uncommon for the temperatures in the morning to be in the -20s to -30s, so it is always fun listening to a car struggling to turn over in that level of cold
              I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                Still on my Learner's.....
                More than a year on and nothing has changed... Have got till 2014 to get my Ps.
                I know I know... but have just been too lazy to get my P Plates as I'm happy with public transport. Only got my Ls because it's cheaper than the Age Pass ID I'd otherwise need to prove I'm over 18 to get into clubs.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by hofo_mofo View Post
                  i never saw that episode, however i heard the "trick" to getting the excellent fuel economy that it boasts is that you dont pull off hard/fast and of course gentle on the throttle all through out

I love the prius, however I hate the rear suspension; i dont know how its done in other countries, but the one in Canada has torsion beam rear suspension..and if driving in Montreal...OY!!

Furthermore I am paranoid about a cold weather start...its not uncommon for the temperatures in the morning to be in the -20s to -30s, so it is always fun listening to a car struggling to turn over in that level of cold
                  You should hear the car I usually drive- as soon as it gets below 5°C the battery struggles and the clutch is unpredictable for the first 20-30 minutes of driving

I also heard that the VW Blue Range had quite a good fuel economy (appearently some German camera team brought a Golf Blue motion from Munich to Venice on 60 liters of Diesel (that's about 1000 km and of course the alps ain't that good for fuel saving).
                  Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                    VW Golf V6 4Motion

In terms of fuel economy, let's just say I know the staff at my local petrol station a little *too* well
                    What's a V6 4Motion? Sounds rather fancy.

Comment

• 4Motion means 4 wheel drive

I have no car anymore....in PEK no need for a car.

Maybe I'll buy one when I go back home next week

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                        What's a V6 4Motion? Sounds rather fancy.
                        V6 4Motion means "I drink petrol like it's going out of fashion!"

Lovely car,...I'm very attached to my Golfs (have had over 5 of them ),...the V6 4Motion used to be top of the range before the R32 came in,...4 wheel drive, 2.8 litre V6, lots of nice extras,....sadly sits on the drive most of the time now because the price of fuel is so high. Actually, not too expensive to run for us because we cycle 70-100 miles per week commuting, so only used for weekend fun drives!

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                          V6 4Motion means "I drink petrol like it's going out of fashion!"

Lovely car,...I'm very attached to my Golfs (have had over 5 of them ),...the V6 4Motion used to be top of the range before the R32 came in,...4 wheel drive, 2.8 litre V6, lots of nice extras,....sadly sits on the drive most of the time now because the price of fuel is so high. Actually, not too expensive to run for us because we cycle 70-100 miles per week commuting, so only used for weekend fun drives!
                          I used to have the V6 Audi A3 (which is basically the same car) and I loved it but you could see the petrol need visually going down if you put the pedal to the metal.

Comment

• Originally posted by up and away View Post
                            You should hear the car I usually drive- as soon as it gets below 5°C the battery struggles and the clutch is unpredictable for the first 20-30 minutes of driving

I also heard that the VW Blue Range had quite a good fuel economy (appearently some German camera team brought a Golf Blue motion from Munich to Venice on 60 liters of Diesel (that's about 1000 km and of course the alps ain't that good for fuel saving).
                            heh, what is a "Golf Blue"? Actually all together what is this "Blue" lineup?
                            I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

• Originally posted by hofo_mofo View Post
                              heh, what is a "Golf Blue"? Actually all together what is this "Blue" lineup?
                              It's "Blue Motion", which is the fuel efficient/environmentally friendly versions of VW passenger car ranges - tweaked engines, small bodywork changes for aerodynamics......

Personally, they can keep them. Who on earth would seriously consider a 1.4 or 1.6 engined Passat as acceptable? I struggle with a 1.9 turbo diesel.....
                              If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Javaman View Post
                                It's "Blue Motion", which is the fuel efficient/environmentally friendly versions of VW passenger car ranges - tweaked engines, small bodywork changes for aerodynamics......

Personally, they can keep them. Who on earth would seriously consider a 1.4 or 1.6 engined Passat as acceptable? I struggle with a 1.9 turbo diesel.....
                                I know, even the Golf+ can be annoying with the 1.4 engine. But the lawmakers in Brussels and Berlin think that the car companies are the absolute masters of evil and that they want to sell extra-polluting cars to the zombie-like, dumbed-down public and so every car company is scrambling to come up with some fuel efficient cars.
                                What the politicians forget though is that although many car companies like VW or GM/Opel have been selling fuel saving models for years people just don't buy them because they are too underpowered, too small and too expensive. I mean, c'mon, you don't spend 25 000€ for the base model of the Prius if you could get the base model of the BMW 318i for just 27000€
                                Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Working...
                                X