No announcement yet.

What Cars Do You Drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid to say that the DB9 is better than any Audi, no styling inside and out can compare, and it's a V12...mmm... now all I need is $300,000 oz

Comment

Originally posted by sqforever View Post
      Why pay USD $75K for a car that feels like a Camry
      Yeah, why pay that amount when you can only buy a Camry in Singapore.

The RS4 is definitely in my aim to get in the future or when I win the lottery.

Comment

People who think Audis are boring should really check out the RS4... the new S5 is also quite a looker and firebreathing rocket.

My A6 has been mildly modified and it has some hidden talents that the low-key exterior doesn't hint at. Stealth.... I like...

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
          my opinion might not be considered objective, but i too prefer porsche to bmw. that being said, if someone is offering either to me as a gift, i certainly won't discriminate! as for audis, their interiors have been setting the benchmark for other german brands. and my god-father has an A8L which drives like its on glass- so smooth, and plenty of punch when needed.
          I booked an A8L during my LAX family vacation in 2006. An excellent car overall. Felt like it grips on the freeway without being to rough/uncomfortable. And yes, you can feel the power of the 350hp engine under the hood.
          Opted for an A6 3.2 Quattro for my last LAX visit and it didn't dissappoint as well.
          Last edited by StarG; 27 July 2007, 11:25 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
            I'm afraid to say that the DB9 is better than any Audi, no styling inside and out can compare, and it's a V12...mmm... now all I need is $300,000 oz
            Well I think that the new R8 is better than the DB9, its pretty slick. Some have even said its nicer than a 911!

SuperJonJon, I completely know what you mean. The PAP is making it so hard to get a licence and car these day its not even funny. My coz from Bishan had to take it around 10 times!
            Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by sqforever View Post
              SuperJonJon, I completely know what you mean. The PAP is making it so hard to get a licence and car these day its not even funny. My coz from Bishan had to take it around 10 times!
              10 times to get a license? WOW, are they issuing licenses like COE? Quota of 10 a day?

Comment

and yet there are still AWFUL drivers on the roads...

Comment

Many drivers have no road sense, no situation awareness, no patience and no discipline while driving.

Singapore really does have pretty awful drivers in general. I think the driving schools are pretty crap too.

People who really want to know about driving should sign up for the BMW Advance Driving Course or the Audi Experience Course. Or take up a race driving course from SMSA or at Sepang.

Little old ladies in a MB SL500 or Jaguar XKR puttering at 50km/h .... what a waste!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bloob View Post
                    Singapore really does have pretty awful drivers in general.
                    I'm in full agreement with you on that. The biggest road-hogs are Nissan Sunny drivers. Whenever I see a road-hog, more than 50% of the time its them

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      I'm in full agreement with you on that. The biggest road-hogs are Nissan Sunny drivers. Whenever I see a road-hog, more than 50% of the time its them
                      I so agree with that statement. I was in orchard and was about to cross the street when the walking light turned green. All of a sudden, a pile-up appeared in front of my eyes 15 feet ahead of me comprising of 3 comfort taxis and 2 nissan sunnys. One of the sunny drivers had the front of his car stuck on top of the toyota crown taxi's rear bumper and kept trying to drive off-wheels spinning and all! He just sat there with his window open cursing in hokkien.
                      Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

I could safely say that EVERY Sunny I saw in my last time in Singapore was driven badly, I cannot believe them! they're even worse than the taxis! I also heard that singaporeans have to go to police approved driving schools, is that true?

Comment

All driving schools in Singapore and driving instructors have to be approved by the Traffic Police and Registry of Vehicles.

Frankly, doesn't make a difference.... we still get horrible drivers here...

Comment

Holden

2007 v8 Holden Statesman black, 2005 Jeep Wrangler(open top) orange & black with lots of shiney bits. They both swallow way too much juice, but what the hell! a boys gota have his toys......

Comment

After my VW was stolen 2 weeks ago, my next car will be an Alfa Romeo
                              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                                After my VW was stolen 2 weeks ago, my next car will be an Alfa Romeo
                                Good Grief! I hope yr insurance paid the full value of the loss

Comment

Working...
                                X