• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caravelle View Post
    My LH 747-8 flight from SIN - FRA.
    Nice! I miss that staircase!

Comment

Even though for the past decade I have grown to love & used to smaller long haul birds like the 787. 77W, and A359 (still know nowadays that can be interchanged with the 77W or 787 like on CX often), there's a chance (and a chance, don't hold your breath) I will be going to BLR for a relative's wedding this Spring (Date: TBD).

Looking at the fares, LH from SFO-BLR-SFO is the cheapest and they operate the Boeing 747-8i from SFO-FRA, and FRA-BLR, surprisingly by the Boeing 747-400. If I get to fly LH that way, it would be a treat as the last time I flew a 747 was back in 2009.

However, at the same time, I would prefer the 77W or 787. The main reason is not really the price, but it's now the fact that since SQ long haul flights are too long without the 1-stop option from SFO now, my mom & I would prefer to break the flight into 2 short flights (i.e. 11-8, 10-9, etc) like JL as after her upcoming surgery she can travel but she does not want to travel ultra long haul. Unlike the time when I was a kid and a 747 person, I'm more of the 77W person now (any 777 is fine, too) & fine with the 787 too.

Comment

Working...
      X