Inaugural Lufthansa 747-800 flight to Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inaugural Lufthansa 747-800 flight to Singapore

We look forward and welcome LH 778, (the first B747-800 airline service to Changi) from Frankfurt this coming Monday (31 Oct 2022). Arrival time is 17:00hrs. It might be the B747-800 jet in retro Lufthansa livery!

https://mainlymiles.com/2022/10/28/l...-to-singapore/

Give us Yankee Tango, please on 31 Oct 2022 at Changi!

https://youtu.be/FNbYrpQc1-M

Comment

Seems like D-ABYU is scheduled for the inaugural.
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Wow, exciting! 747-8 is still on my to-fly list... all my prev attempts never came through...

Comment

While making my flight booking on LH to FRA for this Dec, I realised that my aircraft equipment type is 747-8. I rejoiced as I’ve never travelled on a B747-8.

Comment

I hope that Yankee Tango will be deployed one day on the FRA-SIN-FRA sector.

Comment

D-ABYU is on its way. 2 hrs more to touchdown.Changi Airport welcomes a new aircraft type! Hurray! https://www.flightradar24.com/DLH778/2e0a82db

Comment

LH 778 has touched down! Anyone with photos - please post, post POST!

Comment

..and your wish is finally granted. D-ABYT is currently en-route as LH778 to SIN.
                  Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                    ..and your wish is finally granted. D-ABYT is currently en-route as LH778 to SIN.
                    Wow...what a treat for plane spotters in SG! I encountered D-ABYT once in the past, in 2016, on a trip to Berlin (TR here). A real beauty in her retro livery!

I am headed to FRA on SQ26 later this week. If I had known LH would be flying 748-8's to Singapore at time of booking, I might have picked LH779 instead!

Comment

I’ll be flying on LH779 very soon. I can’t wait to do this version of the B747 family.

Comment

Just back from FRA..it was 747-8 heaven, with so many LH birds operating.

I am envious that you will be flying on LH779! Have a great flight and tell us how it went!

Comment

I have returned from Germany and have completed my first and second B747-8 flights. I have now been on all the 747 passenger variants - 100, 200, 300, 400, Combi, SP, all except the 747-100A (the 3 upper deck window jet). Lufthansa B747-8 reminds us all how much we miss the Queen of the Skies. The width of the fuselage makes us acutely aware of how relatively compressed other intercontinental jets that we take these days - A350s, 787s, 777s are. Both the SIN - FRA and return sector were pretty smooth, except for the Nicobar Island stretch (as always). Nevertheless, it was only a little bumpy. One thing I have noticed about these LH flights is that the Fasten Seat Belts signs were hardly ever turned on except for climb and descend. Service was good but the inflight movie and music entertainment choices weren’t. 2DD86CCE-5F05-4E00-9DC3-00540E5F0E74.jpg

Comment

My LH 747-8 flight from SIN - FRA.
                            Attached Files

Comment

My return LH 747-8 flight home to SIN.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X