[SIN] - New Dnata Lounge in Changi T1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    Yes, and I find it very crowded during peak hours, which makes for a stressful environment rather than a place to calm down after a day at work. Sorry OT.
    Yes some of the Changi lounges can get very busy at peak hours, especially the KF Gold lounges. If I look inside and it is crowded, I just avoid the lounge completely or grab a quick drink and a bite before leaving the lounge.

At Changi, on the rare occasion I need to spend a long time in the airside area, instead of spending a lot of time in the KF Gold lounge or some other second tier lounge, I prefer to head to one of the public areas where there are usually free lounge chairs, seats and wifi and A/C equipped work areas (These are all over the terminals), and spend time there. It is often less crowded and more comfortable outside the lounge than inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
      It was originally a public area. I was very disappointed when I wanted to do some planespotting from the upper level only to find that this area had been converted to a lounge, like what they did with the viewing mall area of T1 facing the runway.
      Very few airports seem to do a good job of "viewing galleries" anymore. Doesn't seem to be a priority for airport designers. Some of the best spots I have encountered are either in the gate lounges, or within the airline lounges themselves (Some of the BA Lounges in LHR T5 have very nice views of aircraft landing, for example.)

If anyone has a good link or guide to best spots to watch aircraft land and take off at various airports, please share!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        From what I can remember, the Dnata T1 lounge is larger and superior in decor and facilities to Dnata T3.

From your photos above, yes, though I prefer natural light and a view outside. Given SQ's presence at T3 and the Ambassador Lounge/Hotel above the B Gates it is understandable data's lounge at T3 is smaller. The Ambassador lounge is quite good for shower facilities etc., overlooks the butterfly garden and has okay food but can tend to get busy.......and alcohol is for sale.

SQ should have their crowd visit either of their lounges next door leaving dnata with a much smaller airline base to cater for so yes, less of a wow factor but always quiet (I mean less people, not the kids screaming downstairs from the play area). T1 dnata lounge I think has to cater for a much larger airline base such as CX?

With all that, i think dnata are doing an overall better job at Changi.

Comment

Working...
        X