[SIN] - New Dnata Lounge in Changi T1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SIN] - New Dnata Lounge in Changi T1

I checked out the new Dnata Lounge in Changi T1 last month, on Nov 24th, the day the new lounge opened.

I was flying CX that day, on an early morning departure. When I did an online check-in the day before, my boarding pass still indicated the previous Skyview Lounge in T1 near the D gates.

When I went to get my home-printed boarding pass validated at the CX check-in counter, the agent took a pen and canclled out the lounge on the BP, and printed a new Lounge Invitation to the revamped Dnata lounge, which had opened that very day.

The picture below is of the old Skyview Lounge, which would be familiar to pax who fly CX out of SIN.

That lounge is now closed.

The new location of the lounge is not obvious though, and I actually ended up at the old lounge, before doubling back to the location of the new one (Not that far off, also closer to the D-gates side of T1).

The new lounge is located one level up from the main airside departure concourse, not far from Texas Chicken.

This is a fairly large lounge, long and rectangular in shape.

Lounge entrance...

Comment

Seating area, in dark, warm tones...

No tarmac views, but you do have views of the departure concourse.

A separate seating area, away from the main lounge area.

Comment

Bar counter and separate dining area...

Buffet counter, with a very nice selection of hot and cold breakfast selections laid out...

Apart from the usual breakfast standards, there were pancakes...

...and a very tasty century-egg congee, which would pass muster in a landside Chinese dim sum joint.

Dedicated seating area for diners.

Another refreshment station at the far end of the lounge.

Comment

The catering and ambience are, to me, superior to the old Skyview Lounge, although some people may miss the tarmac views and outdoor garden close by.

Overall, I thought this was a pleasant lounge to spend time in, with attractive decor and a decent F&B spread. The fact that everything was brand new is also a plus.

Comment

Any idea on what they are going to do with the current Skyview Lounge area?
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Seems like the food offering and service area to be larger and better than Skyview. Gonna give this a visit en route to SFO in Jan

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                The catering and ambience are, to me, superior to the old Skyview Lounge, although some people may miss the tarmac views and outdoor garden close by.

Overall, I thought this was a pleasant lounge to spend time in, with attractive decor and a decent F&B spread. The fact that everything was brand new is also a plus.

I think that would be my opinion but the open view area of Skyview was small and could get busy, with almost everybody oblivious to the extra seating area inside what was, though, dark.

I would prefer not to have everybody looking into the lounge from outside but as a pay-per-entry lounge it has its benefit to dnata.

Food and Drink at Skyview was never really a complaint but your photos look an improvement. dnata lounge at T3 also has good F&B and seating choices......and is streets ahead of SQ's KF Lounge next door.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                  Any idea on what they are going to do with the current Skyview Lounge area?
                  Don't know (Does anyone have info on this?). The shape of the area is a bit unusual. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn it into a public area. The equivalent area on the other side of T1 is public + fast food, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                    Seems like the food offering and service area to be larger and better than Skyview. Gonna give this a visit en route to SFO in Jan
                    The breakfast certainly looked better then the previous Skyview Lounge...
                    Last edited by yflyer; 2 December 2015, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                      dnata lounge at T3 also has good F&B and seating choices......and is streets ahead of SQ's KF Lounge next door.
                      I am not a fan of the SQ KF Gold Lounge in T3. It gives you all the essentials: seating, work areas, decent F&B, and is located in a nice airy atrium, but I find the decor to be bland and unmemorable.

At Changi, SQ have the opportunity to wow both their own KF Gold members and *G members from partner airlines. Why they have decided on such a generic, characterless lounge design in their home base is a mystery to me.

Comment

I am not a fan of the SQ KF Gold Lounge in T3. It gives you all the essentials: seating, work areas, decent F&B, and is located in a nice airy atrium, but I find the decor to be bland and unmemorable.

At Changi, SQ have the opportunity to wow both their own KF Gold members and *G members from partner airlines. Why they have decided on such a generic, characterless lounge design in their home base is a mystery to me.
                        Yes, and I find it very crowded during peak hours, which makes for a stressful environment rather than a place to calm down after a day at work. Sorry OT.

Comment

Don't know (Does anyone have info on this?). The shape of the area is a bit unusual. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn it into a public area. The equivalent area on the other side of T1 is public + fast food, I believe.
                          It was originally a public area. I was very disappointed when I wanted to do some planespotting from the upper level only to find that this area had been converted to a lounge, like what they did with the viewing mall area of T1 facing the runway.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                            Yes, and I find it very crowded during peak hours, which makes for a stressful environment rather than a place to calm down after a day at work. Sorry OT.

I skip it head straight to the dnata lounge next door. The only thing KF's lounge has better than dnata is.......beer on top.

Everything else, dnata have it covered better. The only minor issue is the location of the kids play area just over the balcony so it can get noisy when sitting outside but looking at yflyer's report, dnata score again with their upgrade. My only normal time out of T1 is taking TG, whose own lounge is rubbish so dnata again will be port.

yflyer.......thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                              I skip it head straight to the dnata lounge next door. The only thing KF's lounge has better than dnata is.......beer on top.

Everything else, dnata have it covered better. The only minor issue is the location of the kids play area just over the balcony so it can get noisy when sitting outside but looking at yflyer's report, dnata score again with their upgrade. My only normal time out of T1 is taking TG, whose own lounge is rubbish so dnata again will be port.

yflyer.......thanks.
                              You're welcome, scooby5! I like the Dnata lounge in T3 too, although it too doesn't have that much of a "wow factor". I visited the Dnata T3 lounge briefly before a recent trip on QR but didn't post pictures. Am overseas right now, but will try to dig up a few pics for comparison when I get back.

From what I can remember, the Dnata T1 lounge is larger and superior in decor and facilities to Dnata T3.

Comment

Working...
                              X