Ethiopian Airlines to give Changi and SIA an important link to Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And.. it's back on again.

Starts 17 December - still routed thru BKK.
    As in SIN - BKK - ADD??

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
      As in SIN - BKK - ADD??
      Yep. Now the question is how long until it becomes a nonstop.

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
        Yep. Now the question is how long until it becomes a nonstop.
        Wouldn't mind the stop for more options between SIN and BKK, if they have 5th freedom rights ala KUL-BKK-ADD.

In other news, MS will end the BKK-KUL tag on in favour of the new CAI-KUL-CGK.

Comment

Flight can now be booked on ET's website.

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
            Flight can now be booked on ET's website.
            Looks like can only book SIN - ADD vv. Can't book SIN - BKK. Does ET has the rights between SIN BKK??

Comment

No, they don't, apparently... they do mention somewhere on their website or in a press release.

Even SIN-ADD I couldn't find the days I searched on...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                No, they don't, apparently... they do mention somewhere on their website or in a press release.

Even SIN-ADD I couldn't find the days I searched on...
                I got this email from asia travel.... on "promotional" to Bangkok on ET.

So I guess, now you can fly them between SIN and BKK, however, may not so good for a weekend gateaway. It will only operate on Tue/Thu/Sat. I guess with late departure, Thu is ok if you take Friday off. However you have to wait until Tue to come back to Singapore. Not so good. It seems to me this complement the KUL-BKK which operatre on Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun.
                visit my blog

Comment

I was also excited to read about the 77W ET has just received... but if they fly this route with the 767 of this flight report, that's a no no !

Look at the J cabin

http://flight-report.com/en/report-430.html

Comment

Originally posted by Durian View Post
                    I was also excited to read about the 77W ET has just received... but if they fly this route with the 767 of this flight report, that's a no no !

Look at the J cabin

Oh dear, not in the best condition...

There was a big ad in the Sydney Morning Herald a couple of days ago advertising Ethiopian's partnership with Singapore Airlines to shuttle passengers from Australia to Singapore, and then onwards to Addis Ababa.

Comment

Originally posted by Durian View Post

Look at the J cabin

But the trip was on Jan-2010 right? Almost 4 years ago. May be they have been doing some upgrading?
                      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                        But the trip was on Jan-2010 right? Almost 4 years ago. May be they have been doing some upgrading?
                        Look at this flight report from late October this year, from BKK. The report is in french (not translated by the contributor) but look at the pics, one of the plane spotted at BKK is still the same old 767...
                        http://flight-report.com/en/report-5711.html

This one is a Y class ADD to CDG (french again) from 2013 also on 767, look at big screen, super vintage !
                        http://flight-report.com/en/report-3188.html

So, well, if it's a 787 that's fine but if they keep the old 767, not sure who's going to fly with them, unless it's super cheap.

Talking about their 787, here it is, again for the pics only - that's ET J cabin on 787-8
                        http://flight-report.com/en/report-5500.html
                        Last edited by Durian; 8 December 2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

its a extension of their flight from BKK and it is not a really a direct linked flight from/to the African continent.

Comment

Barely 10 months into operations, ET decided to drop SIN in favour of an additional flight to KUL from 05 Oct 2014.

From Airlineroute.net:
                            Ethiopian Airlines from 05OCT14 is adjusting operations to South East Asia, with the termination of Addis Ababa – Bangkok – Singapore operation. Existing Addis Ababa – Bangkok – Kuala Lumpur 4 weekly service remains unchanged, however the airline will add 5th weekly flight from 26OCT14.

The following schedule is effective 26OCT14.

ET618 ADD0010 – 1320BKK1430 – 1745KUL 763 2
                            ET618 ADD0040 – 1320BKK1430 – 1745KUL 763 x246

ET619 KUL2325 – 0035+1BKK0130+1 – 0625+1ADD 763 x46
                            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

This appears to be a temporary suspension. The schedule on Ethiopian's website shows the flight returning as a nonstop ADD-SIN service with the 787-8 effective April 2015:

ET626 ADD 00:05 - SIN 14:35 Tue, Thu, Sat
                              ET627 SIN 02:10 - ADD 06:25 Wed, Fri, Sun

With a ground time of close to 12 hours, I presume they will have a tag-on destination - CGK perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                              X