Third runway and T4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
    You get these concept totally wrong. Transit passengers does not help much in economics. These type of passengers will also reduce when aircraft is able to fly longer distance (QF is one good example), and most importantly when rest of the regional airport start to progress.
    What on earth are you talking about, again ?. If transit passengers don't 'help much with economics' why are so many airports so desperate to increase their numbers ?. I suppose you don't grasp the fact that more pax through Changi means the need to extend the airport, increase retail opportunities and employ more people etc. According to you growth and increasing employment doesn't help economics. That's a new one that will come as a surprise to everyone of sane mind.

Your QF comparison shows another lack of understanding of the market. They have moved their hub to DXB as their new partner is EK, and that's their 'HUB', although we know don't understand the concept of a hub airport. They are flying exactly the same aircraft they were flying to Changi and unless the airports they fly to have suddenly moved they are flying exactly the same distance between Australia and Europe with a single stop en route.

You clearly have a seriously problem with 'Singapore' or it's Government, which is absolutely fine and you are far from alone on here with that. However, stop making yourself look silly with these bizarre comments that make no sense whatsoever.

Comment

You get these concept totally wrong. Transit passengers does not help much in economics. These type of passengers will also reduce when aircraft is able to fly longer distance (QF is one good example), and most importantly when rest of the regional airport start to progress.
      post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
        What is it you mean by "help much in economics"? That transit passengers aren't very useful with explaining economics? I must confess if I were on a long haul flight, I would struggle to derive an IS-LM model or what the difference is between Hodrick-Prescott and Band Pass Filters.

Rather than call on transit passengers to help you understand economics, I suggest you contact a university professor.
        The spending in Singapore is the most we depend on. Tourist, hotel and their spending that helps the business growth in Singapore and not just the airport itself.

Think this link say it all when QF chosen their new hub vs Singapore.
        http://www.smh.com.au/business/twopl...331-2h151.html

Comment

The spending in Singapore is the most we depend on. Tourist, hotel and their spending that helps the business growth in Singapore and not just the airport itself.
          And how do these tourists that help in this business growth get to and from Singapore ?.

Think this link say it all when QF chosen their new hub vs Singapore.
          http://www.smh.com.au/business/twopl...331-2h151.html
          Sydney Morning Herald.

BTW, as you seem to have missed the fact completely I'll repeat it for you ; the reason QF have moved their hub to DXB is because that is where their new code share partner is based.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            And how do these tourists that help in this business growth get to and from Singapore ?.

Sydney Morning Herald.

BTW, as you seem to have missed the fact completely I'll repeat it for you ; the reason QF have moved their hub to DXB is because that is where their new code share partner is based.
            Moving to new hub and new code share partner seem a different topic? Wht are not SQ their new code share partner in the first place? Loss out due to competition?

Comment

Moving to new hub and new code share partner seem a different topic? Wht are not SQ their new code share partner in the first place? Loss out due to competition?

Why in the world would you expect SQ and QF to codeshare when they are fierce
              competitors in opposite alliances? How would you feel if TG (seemingly an airline you have a soft spot for compared to SQ) did codeshares with BA on BKK-LHR?

Comment

post deleted
                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Brilliant!.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                    Are we still discussing this? I love this thread!!!
                    Me too! It's getting better and better like in its initial run
                    last summer.

Comment

T5 and the Third Runway

From Straits Times:
                      Mega expansion plans for Changi Airport
                      A fifth terminal and third runway part of project to be unveiled in Aug

PLANS for Changi Airport's biggest expansion in more than three decades will be released next month.

The project includes the construction of Terminal 5 (T5) - the airport's biggest passenger facility - a third runway for commercial flights, cargo complexes and other supporting infrastructure.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is expected to unveil the plans during his National Day Rally speech, insiders said.

Comment

The new T5 and runway 3 will be quite a long distance from current T2 and runway 02 Center and it be interesting to see how the new T5 will be connected to T2 and T3r given the distance

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                          The new T5 and runway 3 will be quite a long distance from current T2 and runway 02 Center and it be interesting to see how the new T5 will be connected to T2 and T3r given the distance
                          The new T5 and future T6 will most likely be between 02C and 02R, with space for T7 and T8 to the east of 02R.

So, for once, in Changi, we might see aircraft crossing runways. For passengers though, I think there will be an underground skytrain, like Heathrow's Terminal 5.

And, I have read somewhere that SQ will be based solely in T5 for all flights, with T1, T2 and T3 serving each of the three alliances (OneWorld, SkyTeam, Star Alliance). Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                            The new T5 and future T6 will most likely be between 02C and 02R, with space for T7 and T8 to the east of 02R.

So, for once, in Changi, we might see aircraft crossing runways. For passengers though, I think there will be an underground skytrain, like Heathrow's Terminal 5.

And, I have read somewhere that SQ will be based solely in T5 for all flights, with T1, T2 and T3 serving each of the three alliances (OneWorld, SkyTeam, Star Alliance). Interesting!
                            We should be hearing a little more by tomorrow evening, I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              We should be hearing a little more by tomorrow evening, I'm sure.
                              with so many things to cover already, from housing to transport to education to ...., do we still have time for that?

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                                with so many things to cover already, from housing to transport to education to ...., do we still have time for that?
                                Yea, Straits Times said that he will unveil plans for Changi Airport during the National Day Rally, as studied by the Changi Airport Steering Committee.

"Minister of State for Transport Josephine Teo, who leads a 10-member multi-agency committee that has been working on the blueprint which includes the construction of Terminal 5 (T5) - the airport's biggest passenger facility - a third runway for commercial flights, cargo complexes and other supporting infrastructure for around 18 months. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is expected to unveil the plans during his National Day Rally speech in 2013."
                                - Wikipedia

Comment

Working...
                                X