No announcement yet.

Changi delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew earlier this week out of Changi, the was delayed due to late incoming aircraft. Sat in the cabin with doors closed for like 10 to 20 mins before pushback began. Captain blamed it on airport congestion.

Comment

• Today this morning another round of delayed departures ranging from 45 mins to over an hour for take off, probably due to heavy rain around Changi area.

Comment

• Was on SQ860 on 18MAY, no queue for departure.
        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
          Today this morning another round of delayed departures ranging from 45 mins to over an hour for take off, probably due to heavy rain around Changi area.
          I was on a flight departing in the morning of 23rd May, and the reason we were given for the late departure (an hour) was that there was a broken down plane on one of the runway, so it could not be used

Comment

• On TR to Penang this morning and doors we closed 10min before STD, but we only pushed back 20min after doors were closed. Took of 30min after STD. Reason given by pilot: Congestion again.
            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Hopefully the cavalry have arrived

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_803029.html

Comment

• This morning saw 2 aircrafts taking off within 1 min interval or less from 2 different runways. One is SQ as I can see it very clear, the other further down which just of the ground I think also SQ.

So now they make use 2 runways for take off hope no more delay queuing on the ground.
                visit my blog

Comment

• This morning saw 2 aircrafts taking off within 1 min interval or less from 2 different runways. One is SQ as I can see it very clear, the other further down which just of the ground I think also SQ.

So now they make use 2 runways for take off hope no more delay queuing on the ground.
                  visit my blog

Comment

• I arrived last night at around 9pm with 20 mins of circling around sentosa & batam. Pilot blamed on airport congestion

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                      ... circling around sentosa & batam. ...
                      Sentosa?! Must've been some pretty tight turns...

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                        You see him no up.... He was coming back in HIS G550

Peasant like us need to fly commercial....

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          Did my jet disturb your sleep in your Sentosa villa?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                            ...circling around sentosa & batam.
                            No fair! You must've got a GREAT close up view of the CBD skyscrapers.
                            If I were in that plane I would have probably made out details of the
                            Skypark of Marina Bay Sands

Comment

• During my recent flights to PEK, BOM and HKG in the last couple of weeks with departures at 9AM, 8PM and 8.30AM respectively, I have been no more than number 3 in line for takeoff with no pushback delays. Have I just been lucky?
                              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• I've been getting 'luckier' lately, too

Probably some improvement with the help of the Heathrow boys

Comment

Working...
                                X