Changi delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
    Firefly has already warned its customers. Wonder why others haven't.
    I think a better advisory would be " Be prepared for diversion."

Comment

Epidemic

Comment

Lots of delayed departures this evening, with delays averaging 1-2hrs.
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Saw a flurry of departure activity after landing this evening. Non-stop of takeoffs and plenty of widebodies waiting to get taxi clearance.

Comment

Saw a flurry of departure activity after landing this evening. Non-stop of takeoffs and plenty of widebodies waiting to get taxi clearance.
            Only the departures were delayed. Arrivals were more or less on time. Anyone knows why?

My Travel Map

Comment

I hope the mess clears up by Tue. I have a long flight, and at the end of it, is a connecting flight with 1.25 hrs transit time.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                Only the departures were delayed. Arrivals were more or less on time. Anyone knows why?
                Most likely because there were far more departures than arrivals at that hour, and 02C was still the only one for departure.

Comment

Most likely because there were far more departures than arrivals at that hour, and 02C was still the only one for departure.
                  if am not wrong its the rule that landing birds always get first priority to land rather those taking off. CMIW

Comment

saw sunday late afternoon also long delays for departures - the reason most arrivals are on time isbec usually Changi uses one runway for arrival usually runway 02L for arrivals n ruway 02C for departures - altho at some times only that both runways are used for departures too.

Comment

• today 27/2 - my flight scheduled departure was 740am n by 734am doors wereclosed and waited for 10 mins b4 pushbackand then waited at the taxiway for 25 mins before turning onto the active runway 20C n waited on the active runway for a good 6mins b4 take off roll - all in more than 45mins delay. The CPT came on to apologise for the delay due to ATC and only ONE runway was in use. But when i was at T1 airside at 650am - there were 2 planes approaching for landing on BOTH runway 20R and 20C. Ironically it seems that Changi Closed off one runway only during its Peak - perhaps Changi ground atc dont have enough controllers to man 2 runways or for some other excuses. Believed the current congestion over the pastfew months are likely due to ground atc issues than just bec of increase in 15% air traffic - bec no tall the additional increase is during the peak hrs - likeespecially using one runway during morning peak which happens quite a few times in my experience.

Comment

• Pleased to hear that they have decided to get some advice/assistance from the people from West London, who really know how to make a busy airport with just two runways work*.

*I am talking about getting the birds in and out, do not take any advice on the passenger experience please....

Comment

• Last Sunday (8 April) I guess I was plain unlucky.

SQ118 pushed back at 1850, then at 1852 we were towed back into the gate as KUL was closed. From what I could tell there were only 2 aircraft taking off in a span of 10 mins.

It was not only until 1920 that we finally pushed back, only to be stuck behind 9 aircraft waiting for departure.

Improvements? Not really, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Pleased to hear that they have decided to get some advice/assistance from the people from West London, who really know how to make a busy airport with just two runways work*.

*I am talking about getting the birds in and out, do not take any advice on the passenger experience please....
                            Time to do that. We are not even at the capacity of HKIA which is currently with 2 runways too.

Comment

• I believe that this is my first post after lurking for some time

I’m part of the SIN-KUL-SIN weekly commuter crowd and my perception is that the delays have got a lot worse over the past 6+ months. Noticed on the web radar as well as during my flight last Friday that the departure route has changed when runway 20 is in use with us taking a BOBAG departure which I’ve not done for years.

Any idea why this is now used instead of a JB four alpha/echo route?

Comment

• Flew on KL835 to Bali yesterday and no queue for takeoff. In fact we cut the queue and took off from Rwy20R while the rest of the planes were queuing at Rwy20C. Even landed in DPS earlier than QR and SQ which took off before us!

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                                X