Changi delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    Changi delays are bad but nothing beats the experience I had day before yesterday in IST. STD 1045 pushback 1051. Take off 1237!

We were number 29 for departure. So much so we taxied out on one engine and captain said we were free to move about the cabin during the wait. They had the IFE on and several rounds of drinks..... Which made it bearable.
    Well, we were put in the 'penalty box' at BUF for 30 mins on Sunday for no reason other than "air congestion, apparently" after we'd pushed back 30 mins late. Reminded me of Changi.

Comment

having to fly a min of 4 sectorsto 6 a month usually from 740am to 1020am - its very disappointing n frustrating to spend easily at least 20 mins to 35 mins inside a plane from pushback to adtive runway and the worse is when the dorr is closed and having to sit inside for sometime before even push-back. This delays became more apparent from abt 4 mths back. And the worse thing is it seems almost a third of the time only one runway was active.

Comment

Changi delays are bad but nothing beats the experience I had day before yesterday in IST. STD 1045 pushback 1051. Take off 1237!

We were number 29 for departure. So much so we taxied out on one engine and captain said we were free to move about the cabin during the wait. They had the IFE on and several rounds of drinks..... Which made it bearable.
        Happened to me once from IAH to EWR. The pilot allowed us to go to the head and phones to be used. The reason for the congestion was bad weather. When a break in the weather came, the pilot had to get us all back into our seats but because the wind had changed direction the whole line of queued planes had to parade to the other end of the runway for take-off. Quite a sight.

Comment

but i believe if weather is the cause for delays, then it is ok.

Comment

A bit OT here, but seems like this crew took matters into their own hands after seeing the delay

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-01-26/mumbai/30666097_1_aircraft-pilot-runway

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
              A bit OT here, but seems like this crew took matters into their own hands after seeing the delay

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-01-26/mumbai/30666097_1_aircraft-pilot-runway
              Wow! a runaway pilot! I would be very curious why he breached such ingrained rules.

Comment

I had this shocking IST delay last Monday too (TK 15 to GRU). STD 1045, pushback 1050, took off 1220. Arrived in GRU one hour late.

Comment

on Monday took AK 732 dep at 10am n door closed at 955am waited 10 mins then taxi to runway 02C n we were No 6 n looking back were 4 planes - all mostly A320s/738s n few 772s/330s with no 744s or 380s. We waited for 18 mins b4 we started the take-off roll - all in abt 40 mins from engine start to take-off. I notice the time between the departing aircraft started its take-off roll and the next aircraft take-off was between 2.5 mins to 3 mins intervals and runway 02C was exclusively used for take-off.
                  But noticed that other airports theintervals were much closer and my last from KUL was like 1.5 mins interval only.
                  It would be better for Changi Grong/tiwer control to limit the number of aircrafts queueing for take-offs to say 4 aircrafts each time, whilst holding back other aircrafts at the gate to prevent excessive idling n buring off fuel.

Similiarly today AK 705 from KUL departed on time at 1045am n scheduled to touchdown at 11.35pm but at 1135am the pilot came on n said due to "changi congestion" we will be on holding pattern for 15 to 20 mins and finally wheels down at 1159am n 8 mins taxi to gate - another 25 mins.
                  Imagine all the fuel burn lost in the process and multiply a 30 min twin engine fuel burn for taxiing n waiting - its a few hundred thousand of gallons of precious fuel burned for nothing - and coupled with not only departure "congestion" but arrival too! Imagine AK having abt 30 arrivals n departures n each of its plane spending even 20 mins more on departure n landing.
                  It wont be long to read abt airlines complaining n teh media picking it up on Changi's "congestion" which were not that apprent just a couple of months ago.

Comment

in BKK yesterday on the TG461, 0810 departure... the line was huge!! When we departed there was 12 aircraft lined up behind us. stretching from the threshold of 01L to the F concourse! I had never seen it that way before. Fortunately we only had about a 20 minute wait for takeoff, most of the delay was behind us.
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Took TG 408 to Bangkok yesterday, 31st Jan, heavy rain from 4 pm, the plane did not land on time because there were delays,...... Finally the plane took off 1 hour late, but while waiting to go on the runway, the plane had to wait for about 30 minutes, because there were planes landing, I saw 3 A380s landing consecutively, 1st was a Qantas, then followed by 2 SQ..... it was a great sight, but too bad my camera was not ready...
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I think this getting more and more redicoulous. I was on SQ878 today. ETD 1220. Door close at 1205. We only pushed back at 1225. As far as I remember I only saw 3 flights took off, Lion, Tiger ang TG.

We only took off at 1300!!

End up landed in TPE 1719, ETD 1655. The acul flying time was only 4h15m rather than 4h35m. So the "shorter" flying time still cannot make up the delay on the ground.

Most (if not all of) my flights fom SIN from Dec to now all arrived late due to delay on the ground!
                        visit my blog

Comment

from this weekend to next week 19th feb - will be even worse due to the rehearsals and airshow flying displays - as it did before during the past airshows and flights will be further delayed on the ground and in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                            from this weekend to next week 19th feb - will be even worse due to the rehearsals and airshow flying displays - as it did before during the past airshows and flights will be further delayed on the ground and in the air.
                            Firefly has already warned its customers. Wonder why others haven't.

Comment

Hmmm i will flying back this Friday night. Should I expect any delay?
                              visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                                Hmmm i will flying back this Friday night. Should I expect any delay?
                                Seems that airshow or not, there're always delays.

Comment

Working...
                                X