Shanghai Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    Comparing the two, did you like one over the other?
    Hyatt's decor is more current in a glass & stainless steel way.
    But all things considered I'd go with LRM.
    It is the best value on a cost/benefit POV.
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Next stop: LRM in 3.4 hours. Let's see if they let me take the Res Suite for 2 nights... on a FWN

Comment

Nope, they didn't give the Res Suite for 2 nights.. they did hint, however, that I should have booked the FWN on the 2nd night instead...

Westin Bund View room on the first night, no Jr Suite either... although fair enough, we checked-in at 8pm...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Nope, they didn't give the Res Suite for 2 nights.. they did hint, however, that I should have booked the FWN on the 2nd night instead...

Westin Bund View room on the first night, no Jr Suite either... although fair enough, we checked-in at 8pm...
          Neither of these should matter.

WRT your checkin time, if the reservation was made a while ago, blocking should have been done the night before. Then again, this is China we're talking about.
          HUGE AL

Comment

For the record, the Fairmont Peace Hotel is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              A short post from the Westin Bund - if it ever gets posted cos the in-room wifi keeps dropping!

Hotel decor and overall maintenance is decidedly more dated and worn since my last visit 2 years ago.
              A short post from Le Royal Meridien, two months later. It's certainly much better maintained than the Westin.

It's still not perfect, but IMO I now find this property much more preferable to the Westin.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                A short post from Le Royal Meridien, two months later. It's certainly much better maintained than the Westin.

It's still not perfect, but IMO I now find this property much more preferable to the Westin.
                Comparison between that one and the Hyatt on the Bund?

Many thanks!
                HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  Comparison between that one and the Hyatt on the Bund?

Many thanks!
                  That'll take another 2 months

Comment

Then again, I'm kinda keen to try The Puli next time.

Comment

I have a sudden trip to SHA next week. Anything besides the LRM for the best SPG option ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        I have a sudden trip to SHA next week. Anything besides the LRM for the best SPG option ?
                        Not SPG but I recently stayed at Langham XTD and I love the location

Will post pics soon

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          Set my parents up there recently. They had a FANTASTIC time. Told me service was stellar.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

If you don't mind being on the boring side, do try out the St Regis for us

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              If you don't mind being on the boring side, do try out the St Regis for us
                              Dude, a recommendation like that might just swing you from Kyo+ to Kyo-... I have NOT heard good things about that property.

Comment

The LRM for one night then - what other SPG in Shanghai is good for a mattress run ? The Westin maybe as that's not too far away ?

Before that, I have a stay at the Sheraton Jiangyin (for a shipyard visit) which will be interesting because I don't think I've stayed in a SPG in China outside of a major city.

Comment

Working...
                                X