Starwood properties in Hong Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Took me awhile to find the hotel you were referring to there, Mr MAN Flyer - for those playing along at home, it's the Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers
    Indeed, good point!.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Originally posted by MAN Flyer
      I loved the harbour views from my room but I also won't be in a hurry to return to this place either.
      I suppose 14 months later isn't much of a hurry...
      You didn't quote your later post! You've kissed and made up with the Sheraton I see!

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      I am certainly not going to the sheraton again after that horrible little place they created in the bowels just to avoid upgrading Plats to the proper lounge.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
        You didn't quote your later post! You've kissed and made up with the Sheraton I see!
        I missed that one in my quick scan of the thread.

I wouldn't say kissed and made up, as I still think they way they treat Plat benefits is out of order. However, they did look after us very well while we were there.

Having said that, it was an unusual trip for me as there was seven in the party (I kept getting told off for shooting off everywhere at speed forgetting I was with other people ) and after hunting around and weighing up all the options, the Sheraton came out top.

Comment

• I checked in yesterday to the W for 6 nights - upgraded to a Fabulous room. The hotel is full during this period so even though I checked in around 2-3pm, I had to wait a few hours for a room to become available.

I had a few cocktails in the Living Room yesterday and think that I could spend a lot more time there going through the interesting sounding cocktail list! The hotel seems nice enough and convenient for the airport but not great at all as far as being next to one of the least used stations on the MTR is concerned (thank goodness HK taxis are relatively cheap!).

I was interested to read about a special rate for locals. The X'mas activities booklet in the room says:

WHIRLWIND WEEKEND

From now through March 1, 2010, extend your stay or check in in on a Friday or Saturday, and stay the following night at 50% off the previous night's best available rate.

Best of all, this special is also applicable to our exclusive Hong Kong/Macau ID cardholders' rate.

Subject to availability and best available rate pricing.

Comment

I had a few cocktails in the Living Room yesterday and think that I could spend a lot more time there going through the interesting sounding cocktail list!
            Said cocktail list used to be a lot longer. I guess not enough people were game enough to try some of the more outlandish concoctions.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• I also got a Fabulous Room there (or had a choice of Spectacular, with two single beds)... not great upgrades but this is absolute peak period...

On a brighter note, I got a Polaroid with the Fashionable Santa!

Comment

• I do like the turndown service chocs - a different one for each day of the week! So far:

Sunday night - dark
                Monday - milk
                Tuesday - orange
                Wednesday - sea salt
                Thursday - mint
                Friday - raspberry
                Saturday - lemon

Also little touches like a sweet returned with your laundry. A room service menu from Kitchen which is 24-hours unlike most hotels with a very limited night time selection.

Alas , I can't find the W Intimacy Kit in my room!
                Last edited by jhm; 27 February 2010, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Alas , I can't find the W Intimacy Kit in my room!
                  Have you looked into all the obvious places?!

BTW, I thought you had a HKID card? Can't you use it to get these special rates?

Comment

• Friday is for Fire!

NO idea, tasted like regular normal chocolate to me

And my SO decided to reject turndown so I didn't get to find out Saturday's! =(

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                      BTW, I thought you had a HKID card? Can't you use it to get these special rates?
                      Yep, I can try for my next stay.

Comment

• I've e-mailed them to find out about the HKID rate for my stay in a fortnight's time. I should also find out what flavour of turndown choccie is given for Saturday night so as to complete the list above!

Comment

• BAR on spg.com of HK$2200 + 10% s/c for a Wonderful Room for my date.

We are delighted to offer the following Hong Kong Local Resident special rate:

Wonderful Room - 40 sqm/430 sqft, City/Courtyard View
                          Available in 2 Oversized Single Beds
                          HK$1600 + 10% service per room per night room only

[...]

** W Hong Kong Local Resident package inclusive of HK$200 B&F Credit (each night and non-accumulative) which can be used in Kitchen, FIRE, Living Room, or for in-room dining during the stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                            Macaroons, choc cookie, fruit, a few varieties of cake and biscuits, and some Chinese jelly thingy. They have many different versions of the sweet platters.
                            I've stayed twice at the W HKG now (once on a normal rate and the other time with the HK local rate) and both times, all I got was a single cocktail glass with three brandy snaps inside. No suite upgrade either. No Wuv felt here!

Comment

I've stayed twice at the W HKG now (once on a normal rate and the other time with the HK local rate) and both times, all I got was a single cocktail glass with three brandy snaps inside. No suite upgrade either. No Wuv felt here!
                              Stayed there last weekend, didn't get a suite upgrade as well.
                              Was upgraded to Corner Room though.

Only got the brandy snaps thingy - no fancy platters that KeithMEL got.

Comment

• Unless you're KeithMEL, the W will turn out to be a disappointment?

Shucks... not that bad, but I didn't get any fancy platter on my second night. I got a (I think) generic Christmas platter on the first night out of two nights when I was there. Mostly some sweet icing shaped into Santa's face.

Comment

Working...
                                X