No announcement yet.

Starwood hotel reviews - New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with HUGE AL on this one, your email was addressed to the GM, and one would expect the GM to reply.

Having said that, using jhm's letter as a comparison, there are ways to write letters and there are ways to write letters (well emails in this day'n'age) and still get the same message across.

"as a gesture of our concern" *cringe*, trying to make it overtly obvious that they are doing you a favour...

At the end of the day, I guess if you're happy with the response KeithMEL then that should be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
      At the end of the day, I guess if you're happy with the response KeithMEL then that should be enough.
      They could've been more prompt, which is why I still think the problems I experienced there are systemic rather than a few isolated incidents or "the exception." As much as I'm satisfied with the attempt at service recovery, I still won't go back to this property.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

W - Times Square

Extremely convenient location for the subway. Due to its location in Broadway, some rooms can get rather noisy.

General lighting is not too dark. I was able to see both my feet in the lifts and the hallways.

The Living Room? (I think it’s really called the lobby ) seems like a rather fun place to hang out. Deco is rather tasteful and not garish.

Last edited by phaleesy; 26 September 2009, 12:05 PM.

Comment

W - Times Square

TV behind the bar showing realtime street scene

Some knick-knacks to play with.
          Grand-dad’s old typewriter

TTT

Comment

W - Times Square

The room we stayed in was of a decent size. No overview photos of the room because I did not have a wide angle with me.

The plasticky bedside table

Jimmy and Jane get lucky with the W Wonderlust

Funky sink with waterfall effect. Camera not in Tv mode, no cascade effect.
            Last edited by phaleesy; 26 September 2009, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I thought you were at the Hilton...
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                I thought you were at the Hilton...
                Well, you thought wrong (again).

You're obviously not keeping up with all your girls.

Comment

Very nice - that's my fave NYC W decor wise. Though the lighting seemed a bit too bright and glaring in your pics? Brighter than I remember anyway.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    Very nice - that's my fave NYC W decor wise. Though the lighting seemed a bit too bright and glaring in your pics? Brighter than I remember anyway.
                    The deco is indeed nice.

Perhaps the lighting is brighter and nicer (not glaring! ) during the day. These photos were taken with a Canon Ixus in flash-off mode and were not post-processed. If the W was really as dark as you remember, maybe the camera did not like it (too) and adjusted the exposure accordingly. Smart camera.

I think Jane would prefer the place to be a little brighter too. She needs to check out the Jimmys first before they get lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                      Well, you thought wrong (again).

You're obviously not keeping up with all your girls.
                      Ouch! Smackdown delivered!

Comment

Starwood hotel reviews New York

We are thinking of staying at this hotel for our 1st 2 nights so we can visit universal. I would love any suggestions or reviews on this or any hotel near universal. I must tell you cleanliness is my top priority.

Comment

Working...
                        X