Future W Hotels (and Retreats and Spas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    I read on TOF that the opening has been delayed until Q1 or even Q2 next year but my reservation for 1 Oct is still in the system (although for some reason the e-mail address had been changed to ubslugano@hotmail.com ?!?). I wonder when they'll let me know...
    I received an e-mail today saying they tried to call me etc; reservations open for 14 February onwards; and an offer to assist with alternative accommodation in London, a free night at the W London and 12,000 points.

Comment

http://www.hotelnewsnow.com/Articles...8YL1hATsnF3Qx+

HNN: What areas/markets in Europe are you targeting for development and why?

Turner: As we evaluate markets for expansion, we look at market data, competitive footprint and where our guests want to travel. W is well-suited for international “it” locations, and Europe has plenty of them. We’re opening the W Leicester Square in London later this year, W Paris and W St. Petersburg in 2011. There are over 20 hotels in active development throughout the world. We think W would be a great addition to markets such as Buenos Aires, Argentina; Rio de Janeiro; Shanghai; Beijing; Tokyo; Sydney; Berlin; Rome; Cairo; and Amsterdam, to name a few.
      Come back down under please!
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...atest-hotel.do

Wanted: party organiser able to wow A-list guests of London’s latest hotel

[W Hotel] is searching for London's “ultimate” party animal to organise entertainment for A-list guests.

Managers at the chain want to speak to thousands of Londoners about their knowledge of the city's party and fashion scene with the aim of finding a winner who will cater for the whims of clients — no matter how far-fetched.
        [...]
        Hopefuls will have to apply for the role — known as the W Insider — online, with the best earning an audience with a panel of four judges who will set them tasks to test their knowledge and initiative.
        [...]
        the winner should “go out every night”, adding: “They know duchesses and drag queens, they can get a table on Friday at 8pm anywhere, their parties always finish the next day. They can tell you what's hot and who's where and who they're with.

Comment

W London Away We Stay

Pt. 1 of the Away We Stay movie on YouTube starring Helena Christensen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVX2nEEBQrM
          Le jour de Saint Eugčne, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

The shiny new W Bali - Seminyak is open in time for our trip to Seminyak after all. Hotel opens 01 March 2011 (after an initially annnounced delay till April 2011). Booked for 5 nights in mid March. Can't wait!!!!
            Last edited by KeithMEL; 13 January 2011, 03:30 PM.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              The shiny new W Bali - Seminyak is open in time for our trip to Seminyak after all. Hotel opens 01 March 2011 (after an initially annnounced delay till April 2011). Booked for 5 nights in mid March. Can't wait!!!!
              I hope it's as nice as the (very nice) W Maldives with its relaxed contemporary feel unlike other W's!

Comment

It's heaps more reasonably priced for starters and not isolated in the middle of nowhere like Maldives and Koh Samui. Looking forward to seeing how a Retreat & Spa differs from a regular W. Hopefully there'd still be WOW parties and yummy cocktails. If not, no shortage of options for a drinky poo in Seminyak. *off to find directions to Ku de Ta*
                Last edited by KeithMEL; 13 January 2011, 10:08 PM.

Comment

No WOW parties from what I remember. In fact, I can't recall much night life at all! Probably why it's called a Retreat & Spa...

Comment

The Maldives and Koh Samui properties certainly seem designed to be that way, given the locales. At least this one is conveniently located in Seminyak rather than a quiet, 'retreat' like part of Bali. Not too far to cab or stumble home!

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                      Hope you are doing a TR fella. We are in the area in April and did not fancy risking a holiday at a brand new property. We'll leave the look-everyone-I-am-here-first bunfighters to themselves. But if it is opening the month before we may be tempted to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        Hope you are doing a TR fella. We are in the area in April and did not fancy risking a holiday at a brand new property. We'll leave the look-everyone-I-am-here-first bunfighters to themselves. But if it is opening the month before we may be tempted to try it out.
                        I'll do a review for sure. Will take plenty of pics at the very least. Am well-aware of the pitfalls of staying in totally new properties. Every other hotel I'd avoid. But I've been looking forward to this particular W, we'd specifically planned our trip around its opening and booked flights to Bali on the first long weekend in 2011 we could find. I was devastated when it wasn't going to open in time (but didn't mind as Seminyak is an awesome place to be regardless), but it is going to after all.
                        Last edited by KeithMEL; 14 January 2011, 09:38 AM.

Comment

There is a 50% off promo going on

http://www.starwood-ap.com/redhotdea...11_MB&ctyid=SG

Comment

Didn't stop you from almost being the first on the ground at BKK's 4P!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              Didn't stop you from almost being the first on the ground at BKK's 4P!
                              Please note the use of the words 'risking a holiday'!.

It's one thing nipping across the road from the hotel you are already in to check out a new property you have no intention of sleeping at for less than 40 GBP, but it's another thing altogether specifically travelling to a destination for a week for a holiday with the better half at a brand new property.

I was far from the first at the 4P's anyway, people arranged trips to Bangkok specifically to be the first, for reasons I am unable to fathom. Watch the same happen with the StR there and other Starwood properties. I find it quite amusing to be honest.

Comment

I was far from the first at the 4P's anyway, people arranged trips to Bangkok specifically to be the first, for reasons I am unable to fathom. Watch the same happen with the StR there and other Starwood properties. I find it quite amusing to be honest.
                                We didn't set out to be the 'first' to stay at a brand new property. We booked flights for March when the W was scheduled to open in late 2010 or January 2011. We LOVE Seminyak and I was so thrilled when the W Seminyak was first announced that I've been looking forward to experiencing it ever since. The upcoming Labour Day long weekend in March is one of the few opportunities we have, and Bali is close enough to make a long weekend there feasible unlike say Europe. In hindsight Easter would've been a better bet in providing a buffer against a delayed opening and things that can go wrong with a new property but the Jetstar Starclass sale fares we booked didn't cover Easter, unsurprisingly.

Next on my list: London and Paris-Opera in Jan 2012! Well, we'd be sure to make it for London at least anyway given it's opening next month - Paris is showing an 'end 2011' opening so a 50/50.

I certainly won't bother going out of my way to be the 'first' to stay at any random new hotel. A St Regis I can understand, but a 4P?!
                                Last edited by KeithMEL; 14 January 2011, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X