No announcement yet.

[RATE GONE] Hyatt Auckland, A$133/night for Club rooms and suites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I searched for my dates in November and everything came back US $171.19 per night for every kind of room, from Park/Harbor View, to Club to Residence Suite. That seems very strange. But not exactly a stellar deal I'm ready to jump on. Gonna try the hotels.com Australia website.
    Last edited by MegatopLover; 22 June 2007, 08:01 PM. Reason: My 100th post on SQTalk! Now A Gold Elite! :D :D

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
      I searched for my dates in November and everything came back US $171.19 per night for every kind of room, from Park/Harbor View, to Club to Residence Suite. That seems very strange. But not exactly a stellar deal I'm ready to jump on. Gonna try the hotels.com Australia website.
      Not cheap cheap, but the residence suite is coming in at about NZ$400-ish on the Hyatt site. So something like a 50% discount?
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Found the Australian Hotels.com, but the rate (again, for all rooms) was A$204.98.

Comment

Good point, KeithMEL. I think I'll keep on shopping. Maybe as we get closer to the dates, more rates will come online.

Comment

OT: Congratulations to MegatopLover!

My 100th post on SQTalk! Now A Gold Elite!

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
              Hotels.com is lousy, lots of rubbish, imo.
              I like hotels.com - 3 of us used it for a Jamaica hotel stay in April. One room was at $130 per night. I booked 3 rooms for 3 nights on my card. My credit card was charged a total of $130

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                I like hotels.com - 3 of us used it for a Jamaica hotel stay in April. One room was at $130 per night. I booked 3 rooms for 3 nights on my card. My credit card was charged a total of $130
                O RLY? I should soon start trying my luck at hotels.com.

Comment

Hotels.com is lousy, lots of rubbish, imo.
                  I'd like some freshly-ground pepper with my pinch of salt please.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    I'd like some freshly-ground pepper with my pinch of salt please.
                    You can use it as a condiment with crispy roasted chicken.

Comment

You would need to have a credit card first.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                        You would need to have a credit card first.
                        I'm not footing the bill, that's one thing.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                          i always go to hotels.com, expedia, travelocity, or orbitz and check out the lowest rate. then i call the hotel directly and ask them if they will give me that rate if i book directly through them... never have i been turned down. that way you get the good rates and the frequent guest points!
                          Where (hotels, cities) have you tried this successfully? Do you talk to sales dept or front desk? (I've tried this in HK & Singapore at various hotels to no avail.)

Comment

I am always on the hunt for rate errors. I have recently found a great new site that makes it more easy and quick...

Hotel Price Finder
                            www.hotelpricefinder.com

It searches over 28 different hotel sites (including HotelClub and AsiaRooms) in one go and then lists them in order of price. You can then click through to book with the hotel site direct.

Hope you find it useful too.

Comment

Thank you, jkrupp! Just need something to search for SriLanka. Welcome to SQTalk!

Comment

Originally posted by sfvoyage View Post
                                Where (hotels, cities) have you tried this successfully? Do you talk to sales dept or front desk? (I've tried this in HK & Singapore at various hotels to no avail.)
                                hi sfvoyage: regarding the places I have been able to do this- in just the cities you have mentioned, i have been able to book the intercontinental in singapore at about 160/night and the sheraton kowloon side for 128/night. both times i talked to the front desk and faxed them a copy of the rate at the respective site where i found the low rate. hope this info helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X