Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RATE GONE] Hyatt Auckland, A$133/night for Club rooms and suites

Bookable on hotels.com

This would be perfect for those flying to AKL on those itsy bitsy UA biz fares.

HURRY!

disclaimer: Not verified yet as to whether this rate will be honoured.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Hotels.com is lousy, lots of rubbish, imo.

Comment

Seems like this rubbish might make for a very cheap stay for some lucky people !

Comment

Yeah I've had great rates through hotels.com in NY, Paris, Singapore and Bangkok. That kind of rubbish I can stand. (The only downside, as with many consolidators, is that the stays frequently don't count towards miles or frequent guest points.)
        Last edited by jjpb3; 22 June 2007, 03:47 PM. Reason: oops; thanks, KeithMEL
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The rate seems to be different for certain months. The A$133 rate is good for SEPT. But when I plugged in random dates for NOV it goes up to A$155 - still very good value considering that the standard room costs the same.

Sorry - too lazy to convert to US$ but A$1=approx US$0.80.
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 22 June 2007, 03:51 PM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            The rate seems to be different for certain months. The A$133 rate is good for SEPT. But when I plugged in random dates for NOV it goes up to A$155 - still very good value considering that the standard room costs the same.

Sorry - too lazy to convert to US$ but A$1=approx US$0.80.
            Hahahaha. Is your conversion correct? Its considered cheap in SGD though for a Hyatt. Expected that the rates will go up. I won't mind staying here if I'm going to NZ without a ghastly tour. I go to Asiarooms.com, more reliable and have very good rates. But you have to give up about earning miles or frequent guest points. So...If you don't want that, book direct, albeit the price is higher.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
              Hahahaha.
              Nice to see you laugh and smile a bit

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
                Hahahaha. Is your conversion correct? Its considered cheap in SGD though for a Hyatt. Expected that the rates will go up. I won't mind staying here if I'm going to NZ without a ghastly tour. I go to Asiarooms.com, more reliable and have very good rates. But you have to give up about earning miles or frequent guest points. So...If you don't want that, book direct, albeit the price is higher.
                I think you've missed the point of this thread entirely...

Comment

Uh... I'm confused/blur or I didn't get the point of everything. How stupid I look now.
                  Last edited by WSSS; 22 June 2007, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Now I get it, it's a rate error. Why was I not cracking my brains a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      Yeah I've had great rates through hotels.com in NY, Paris, Singapore and Bangkok. That kind of rubbish I can stand. (The only downside, as with many consolidators, is that the stays frequently don't count towards miles or frequent guest points.)
                      i always go to hotels.com, expedia, travelocity, or orbitz and check out the lowest rate. then i call the hotel directly and ask them if they will give me that rate if i book directly through them... never have i been turned down. that way you get the good rates and the frequent guest points!

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                        i always go to hotels.com, expedia, travelocity, or orbitz and check out the lowest rate. then i call the hotel directly and ask them if they will give me that rate if i book directly through them... never have i been turned down. that way you get the good rates and the frequent guest points!
                        Clever! I gotta try that some time.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

thanks for the info keithmel... between this and the NZ biz class fare you posted awhile ago, you're really hooking people up down under! everyone who takes advantage of this offer, make sure you buy keith a beer to thank him! i raise my glass to you

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            Clever! I gotta try that some time.
                            the best part is you still get cancellation privileges if the trip falls thru, due to unforeseen circumstances, as long as you contact the hotel before their normal cancellation period, as opposed to the online travel agencies, where you're usually SOL.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                              thanks for the info keithmel... between this and the NZ biz class fare you posted awhile ago, you're really hooking people up down under! everyone who takes advantage of this offer, make sure you buy keith a beer to thank him! i raise my glass to you
                              I also accept tips....

Comment

Working...
                              X