No announcement yet.

Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useful to know, am considering an upcoming night at IC Osaka, very timely info there, thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      The shophouse suites are nice, and are all newly renovated - there are quite a few opinions from mattress-runners who prefer it over the tower building because of that very fact.

Since we had a visitor in town, and the IC offered a very decent rate for three pax (essentially same as two pax), I decided to try for the 129m2 option

(I doubt they'd want to offer that if you showed up solo, a bit overkill, honestly)
      I've been upgraded twice to the Ambassador suites, but agree it's a waste when you're solo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Useful to know, am considering an upcoming night at IC Osaka, very timely info there, thanks!
        OT but....

Lobby

Club Lounge

Club Suite

Comment

• Many thanks, was hoping for a more Japanese 'touch', to be honest

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            They are but I thought they just waived them as I know a fair number of non-Thai's or Thai residents that have had and used this with no problems.
            That's what I've seen as well. Makes me wonder...

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Many thanks, was hoping for a more Japanese 'touch', to be honest
            REALLY?!? That's quite "Asian"!?! Maybe too "Asian"!

HUGE AL

Comment

• Well some rice paper partitions wouldn't go amiss

Comment

• post deleted
                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                  I am thinking of going to BKK in the next few weeks. Still toying with the idea after problems seem to have escalated over the weekend.
                  Assuming I do go, does anyone have any recommendations for hotels to stay at.
                  There are three things that are important to me - proximity to a BTS/MTR station; close to a decent massage (hotel ones are over priced in my view); a suitable distance from the troubles.

Vie was recommended to me, but I think it's significantly more expensive now. I don't really want to pay more than THB 2k if possible. I know there will be a pay off between price and location but just wanted to see if any of you had first hand suggestions.

Do you have any recommendations?
                  Vie isn't really too far away from the trouble, almost caught between a rock and hard place over in that area...

Should be some hotels on Silom or Sathorn that would fit that bill

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                    Vie isn't really too far away from the trouble, almost caught between a rock and hard place over in that area...

Should be some hotels on Silom or Sathorn that would fit that bill
                    I thought now the protest moves to Lumpini area, make it Silom or Sathorn is very near proximity.

Recomend hotels around Asoke area. You can have many choices (Westin, Sheraton, 4points, Sofitel, even S15).

BTS/MRT is stone away.

You can go to HealthLand just behind Terminal 21, there are also some other massage establishment in soi 19

Assuming that the protest is camping at Lumpini, Asoke is quite a distance from it.
                    visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                      Recomend hotels around Asoke area. You can have many choices (Westin, Sheraton, 4points, Sofitel, even S15).

BTS/MRT is stone away.

You can go to HealthLand just behind Terminal 21, there are also some other massage establishment in soi 19

Assuming that the protest is camping at Lumpini, Asoke is quite a distance from it.
                      What ridiculous advice that is. Yes Asok is a distance from Lumpini, but Asok is one of the main protest sites and the junction there has been closed since 13 January!!. As a result the street level entrance to the SGS is closed and many of the F&B outlets of the SGS and other of those hotels you recommend are actually closed.

Maybe you should check things out before offering dangerous advice to someone for whom one of their criteria was 'a suitable distance from the troubles'.

Comment

What ridiculous advice that is. Yes Asok is a distance from Lumpini, but Asok is one of the main protest sites and the junction there has been closed since 13 January!!. As a result the street level entrance to the SGS is closed and many of the F&B outlets of the SGS and other of those hotels you recommend are actually closed.

Maybe you should check things out before offering dangerous advice to someone for whom one of their criteria was 'a suitable distance from the troubles'.
                        LOL!
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I have said in my post "I though the protest has moved to Lumpini" and I have emphizied it that "Assuming that the protest is camping at Lumpini".

You may know this better and my information may not be so correct. But you can always say it nicely and do not be so harsh, saying " ridiculous advice", etc.

I do not think this is the first time you are doing this. So I do not know what is your problem with me.
                          visit my blog

Comment

I have said in my post "I though the protest has moved to Lumpini" and I have emphizied it that "Assuming that the protest is camping at Lumpini".

You may know this better and my information may not be so correct. But you can always say it nicely and do not be so harsh, saying " ridiculous advice", etc.
                            Sorry but that's the whole problem with your post. Just 'thinking' or guessing is not what people are looking for, is it ?. They are asking because they want advice or assistance, not someone's best guess. What you posted is 'ridiculous advice'. We are talking about a situation where people are being killed and/or seriously injured at these protest sites, and you have just recommended that someone look at hotels bang on top of one when they have specifically asked to stay away from them!!!!. Can you possibly get more ridiculous than that ?. Should I have called it 'dangerous' or 'irresponsible' instead ?

I do not think this is the first time you are doing this. So I do not know what is your problem with me.
                            I have no problem with you personally, it's just what you post. Maybe it's time you looked at that angle rather than bleating about someone pointing out that your 'advice' is at best irresponsible or at worst downright dangerous.

Comment

Just stop digging.

I don't think it's a particularly onerous request for any "advice" provided on forums to be at least not actively unhelpful.

I can't speak for the OP, but if your reply was the only one I got and I booked any of the Asok hotels in reliance of it, I would be pretty pissed off. As in, I would have preferred to receive no reply at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
                                Just stop digging.

I don't think it's a particularly onerous request for any "advice" provided on forums to be at least not actively unhelpful.

I can't speak for the OP, but if your reply was the only one I got and I booked any of the Asok hotels in reliance of it, I would be pretty pissed off. As in, I would have preferred to receive no reply at all.
                                Well, then sue me. I really do not understand the mindset here. As you said op is asking "advise". I have put an assumption in my reply. If I am the only one who replied and did not.check the assumption, then you pissed with me?

I personally made a booking at Sofitel Sukhumvit this weekend. It was a road closure at Asoke and like street market. But other than that every thing is as per normal. Of course there may be a risk that someone open a fire or even throw a bomb. Well anyway, I do not want to carry on with this. If my post is not appreciated then it is fine. No need to saying that this is ridiculous and especially the previous indecent is more on personal opinion.

Anyway FYI as of today, Asoke interchange has been reopened. And I was told likewise for other protest side with the exception of lumpini. Again I only passed through Asoke, so I am.not 100% sure about the rest, but that's what I heard people are talking here.

I believe there are many people who knows the information net tree r than me.
                                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                                X